[Discussion] Hope to Remember The Trump Administration Thread as being 'transparent and honest'

Let's follow and discuss what our newest presidential administration gets up to, the good, the bad, the lawsuits, and the many many indictments.

I wonder what the coal miners think about not being American-y enough to get a slogan?

Nimcosi wrote:

I wonder what the coal miners think about not being American-y enough to get a slogan?

Freedom Rocks!

You are welcome

Ego Man wrote:
Nimcosi wrote:

I wonder what the coal miners think about not being American-y enough to get a slogan?

Freedom Rocks!

Thank You!

Ego Man wrote:

You are welcome

"Hey man, are those Freedom Rocks?"

"Yeah man!"

"Well, dig them up, man!"

cheeze_pavilion wrote:
Ego Man wrote:
Nimcosi wrote:

I wonder what the coal miners think about not being American-y enough to get a slogan?

Freedom Rocks!

Thank You!

Ego Man wrote:

You are welcome

"Hey man, are those Freedom Rocks?"

"Yeah man!"

"Well, dig them up, man!"

What happened to Jimmy?

Sigh. Bad case of freedom lung. Doesn’t have long left.

Politico: Outrage over McCain incident adds to Shanahan's hurdles

Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan’s quest for the Pentagon's top job faced a new obstacle Thursday amid outrage over an aborted attempt to hide the name of the destroyer USS John S. McCain during President Donald Trump's visit to Japan.

Anger by Democratic lawmakers and retired military brass added to months of questions about the former Boeing executive's leadership style, on top of months of complaints about his role in implementing Trump's Iran and Syria policies, as well as his willingness to shift billions of dollars to build the president's border wall despite opposition in Congress.

But the McCain furor threatened to take those criticisms to a new level, following reports that someone in the White House had sought to conceal or move a ship that bears the name of a deceased Republican senator and war hero — and that for a time, at least, people in the Navy were willing to go along.

Proving yet again that he has no clue how things work...

Trump just announced 5% tariffs on ALL goods from Mexico to encourage them to stop migrants from coming into the US...

On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP,
The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied .at which time the Tariffs will be removed. Details from the White House to follow."

Note the "illegal immigration problem" has a lot of perfectly legal applicants for asylum who are being more-or-less pointlessly detained.

Used to be that we'd look at their application and let them show up for their court date themselves--which they did, in overwhelming numbers. Now we just lock them up because we're...afraid that they're more law abiding than our own citizens? Believe that detaining Guatemalan refugees is a way to punish Mexico for American jobs being outsourced by American corporations? That our white women aren't having enough babies so we need to steal other people's babies? That we're afraid that America will stop being a Christian nation so we need to keep out Roman Catholics? One of those, I guess.

Technically there is a point to detaining them. The point is to commit genocide by stealing their children.

Unilaterally announcing tariffs on a country you're trying to get to ratify the trade deal you spent the past two years negotiating is a bold move, Cotton.

An article came across my newsfeed, this article had nothing to with 45. After I finished reading, it occurred to me that if I replaced the main subject with 45, it eerily worked rather well (without the repentance).
So for your amusement, the article:
The Speedrunner Who Wasn’t: How a Community Dealt with an Elaborate Cheater

In case you forgot about the Secretary of Transportation:

NYT: A ‘Bridge’ to China, and Her Family’s Business, in the Trump Cabinet
Elaine Chao has boosted the profile of her family’s shipping company, which benefits from industrial policies in China that are roiling the Trump administration.

The email arrived in Washington before dawn. An official at the American Embassy in Beijing was urgently seeking advice from the State Department about an “ethics question.”

“I am writing you because Mission China is in the midst of preparing for a visit from Department of Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao,” the official wrote in October 2017.

Ms. Chao’s office had made a series of unorthodox requests related to her first scheduled visit to China as a Trump cabinet member, according to people with knowledge of the email. Among them: asking federal officials to help coordinate travel arrangements for at least one family member and include relatives in meetings with government officials.

In China, the Chaos are no ordinary family. They run an American shipping company with deep ties to the economic and political elite in China, where most of the company’s business is centered. The trip was abruptly canceled by Ms. Chao after the ethics question was referred to officials in the State and Transportation Departments and, separately, after The New York Times and others made inquiries about her itinerary and companions.

For those of you wondering what McConnell has been getting out of the Trump administration, note that Chao is married to this guy:
IMAGE(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Sen_Mitch_McConnell_official_%28cropped%29.jpg)

Trump Administration Considered Tariffs on Australia

Some of President Trump’s top trade advisers had urged the tariffs as a response to a surge of Australian aluminum flowing onto the American market over the past year. But officials at the Defense and State Departments told Mr. Trump the move would alienate a top ally and could come at significant cost to the United States.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the newly Russian-owned Aluminum refinery in Kentucky

DSGamer wrote:

Trump Administration Considered Tariffs on Australia

Some of President Trump’s top trade advisers had urged the tariffs as a response to a surge of Australian aluminum flowing onto the American market over the past year. But officials at the Defense and State Departments told Mr. Trump the move would alienate a top ally and could come at significant cost to the United States.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the newly Russian-owned Aluminum refinery in Kentucky

Absolutely nothing. Two things have really happened here - we’ve gotten to see just how much the rank and file politicians are with shady deals and leveraging the power loaned to them by the people to translate it into profits for themselves, friends, and family. It really just took Trump to blow the lid off of the whole thing by being absolutely blatant with his panderers.

And as everybody continues to take from the poor and middle classes to line their own pockets, the poor and middle classes continue to read f*cking stories about how Trump called Markle ‘nasty’

I’m only assuming the *Democrats at this point are not wanting to impeach because they might have all their dirty lanudry aired and don’t have the fanatical support and absolute forgiveness that Trulp does from his base.

Thread title still sucks.

Trump Visits the Queen and Gets an Itty Bitty Book

The Queen seems to enjoy taking the piss on Trump's visit.

I loved the photo of the motorcade route.

Jayhawker wrote:

Thread title still sucks.

Trump Visits the Queen and Gets an Itty Bitty Book

The Queen seems to enjoy taking the piss on Trump's visit.

This thread title sucks! I'm, starting my own thread. With blackjack. And hookers!

In fact forget the thread...

meh screw the whole thing.

Jayhawker wrote:

Thread title still sucks.

Trump Visits the Queen and Gets an Itty Bitty Book

The Queen seems to enjoy taking the piss on Trump's visit.

And she must really not have liked the book.

Rat Boy wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

Thread title still sucks.

Trump Visits the Queen and Gets an Itty Bitty Book

The Queen seems to enjoy taking the piss on Trump's visit.

And she must really not have liked the book.

The book about how Britain helped defeat the Nazis. I think she liked it just fine.

Jayhawker wrote:

Thread title still sucks.

Trump Visits the Queen and Gets an Itty Bitty Book

The Queen seems to enjoy taking the piss on Trump's visit.

Also he wasn't allowed to stay at the palace, even though previous presidents were.

Stele wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

Thread title still sucks.

Trump Visits the Queen and Gets an Itty Bitty Book

The Queen seems to enjoy taking the piss on Trump's visit.

Also he wasn't allowed to stay at the palace, even though previous presidents were. :D

Trump was just unlucky to visit during the week when all 52 of Buckingham Palace's bedrooms were being renovated.

OG_slinger wrote:
Stele wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

Thread title still sucks.

Trump Visits the Queen and Gets an Itty Bitty Book

The Queen seems to enjoy taking the piss on Trump's visit.

Also he wasn't allowed to stay at the palace, even though previous presidents were. :D

Trump was just unlucky to visit during the week when all 52 of Buckingham Palace's bedrooms were being renovated.

He was probably pissed because he (the pres, the name, the company) didn't get the contract.

IMAGE(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vWnX6zbJ--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/chcyj0f6dh1b6mf9uthk.jpg)

JC wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vWnX6zbJ--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/chcyj0f6dh1b6mf9uthk.jpg)

what do you expect school children to drink, water? Like from the toilet?!

Nuclear waste will be classified as safer under a controversial Trump administration change

LA Times wrote:

The federal Department of Energy is changing how it will dispose of nuclear weapons waste, reclassifying what was formerly considered high-level radioactive material to a lower standard, officials said in a formal notice Wednesday.

The new approach triggered immediate opposition in Washington state, South Carolina and Idaho, which contend that the Energy Department wants to bury dangerous waste in shallow pits.

Paul Dabbar, the department’s undersecretary for science, said the approach will allow for faster cleanup of contaminated areas and lower cleanup costs, and bring a more realistic approach to public health and safety.

OG_slinger wrote:

Nuclear waste will be classified as safer under a controversial Trump administration change

LA Times wrote:

The federal Department of Energy is changing how it will dispose of nuclear weapons waste, reclassifying what was formerly considered high-level radioactive material to a lower standard, officials said in a formal notice Wednesday.

The new approach triggered immediate opposition in Washington state, South Carolina and Idaho, which contend that the Energy Department wants to bury dangerous waste in shallow pits.

Paul Dabbar, the department’s undersecretary for science, said the approach will allow for faster cleanup of contaminated areas and lower cleanup costs, and bring a more realistic approach to public health and safety.

Sounds good. I have a location in Florida that could be used.

lunchbox12682 wrote:
OG_slinger wrote:

Nuclear waste will be classified as safer under a controversial Trump administration change

LA Times wrote:

The federal Department of Energy is changing how it will dispose of nuclear weapons waste, reclassifying what was formerly considered high-level radioactive material to a lower standard, officials said in a formal notice Wednesday.

The new approach triggered immediate opposition in Washington state, South Carolina and Idaho, which contend that the Energy Department wants to bury dangerous waste in shallow pits.

Paul Dabbar, the department’s undersecretary for science, said the approach will allow for faster cleanup of contaminated areas and lower cleanup costs, and bring a more realistic approach to public health and safety.

Sounds good. I have a location in Florida that could be used.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump never had Mar a Lago tested for radon.

Thread title still sucks. :-p

Trump just pulled a piece of paper out and claimed it was an agreement he made with Mexico. Then he wouldn't let anyone see it. Then he said it was one page of a very long agreement. He said if he showed it, the press would analyze it too closely, and ruin his deal.

Just standing there lying to reporters, and now using props. Agreements we can’t see is just blatant fascism.

Trump is not a liar. He is a fascist, and that is the word that should be used everyday

It’s airing right now on the news channels, which is why I don’t have a link yet.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/9zcbxym.png)

I can't help but think about the time Trump held a press conference to show how he was divesting himself from the Trump Organization by showing a table with stacks of manilla folders stuffed with blank pieces of paper.

OG_slinger wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/9zcbxym.png)

I can't help but think about the time Trump held a press conference to show how he was divesting himself from the Trump Organization by showing a table with stacks of manilla folders stuffed with blank pieces of paper.

That was before Don Jr started speaking at his rallies, doing the Fox News rounds as a de facto administration representative, and accompanying the President on state visits, right? Divested like that?