Assassin's Creed Odyssey RPG-all

I tried the newer control scheme, but the old one is just hardwired into my hands at this point. When holding the controller, I sometimes rest my finger on the right trigger. That led to a lot of accidental attacks in Odyssey, so I ended up switching to button attacks and trigger for "high profile/parkour" as in ye olden dayse of yore.

It never felt right to me to use a trigger for a melee attack.

I started up the new DLC tonight. There was a new ability added to the Assassin tree: Death Veil.

Enemies killed by Assassination automatically disappear and cannot be detected by anyone.
Aristophan wrote:

I started up the new DLC tonight. There was a new ability added to the Assassin tree: Death Veil.

Enemies killed by Assassination automatically disappear and cannot be detected by anyone.

I'd put a point in that, though the dlc is a bit expensive so haven't rushed in and got it

I definitely want that. I'm still cranking on the base game (83 hours now, I think?). When I finish that, or if the season pass goes on sale, I'll pick it up. If I finish before the winter sales time, I might just take a short break to play something else for a bit, and see if it gets a discount there.

The other day, I was thinking "man, I've been playing this game for a month solid now, haven't I? That's impressive." Then I checked the timestamps on my cheevos, and realized I've actually been playing this thing for two months solid. That's unheard of for me. Apparently I like this game.

LondonLoo wrote:
Aristophan wrote:

I started up the new DLC tonight. There was a new ability added to the Assassin tree: Death Veil.

Enemies killed by Assassination automatically disappear and cannot be detected by anyone.

I'd put a point in that, though the dlc is a bit expensive so haven't rushed in and got it

It only takes 1 point and does not stack to 3 like most of the other abilities.
I'm glad that option was not there at the start of the game as hiding bodies is part of the strategy I use for Forts and I feel like this makes it too easy, but 80+ hours into the game it is handy ability. Saves time and makes things a bit easier - I know I can do without it but now that I'm using it I like it.

Is that an ability you can turn on or off? Because sometimes I want to make bodies poof, and sometimes I want to use a body pile to lure patrolling guards over so I can add them to the pile.

I'd also kind of miss the comedy of repeatedly trying and failing to chuck a body over the wall.

Chaz wrote:

Is that an ability you can turn on or off? Because sometimes I want to make bodies poof, and sometimes I want to use a body pile to lure patrolling guards over so I can add them to the pile.

I'd also kind of miss the comedy of repeatedly trying and failing to chuck a body over the wall.

I was so happy when I figured out I could throw bodies. The walls of the forts I infiltrated would look mighty suspicious to outside eyes.

Ah, the time-honored tradition of dropping guards off rooftops. Never gets old. In AC2, the town full of towers was probably my favorite place for that reason. Some of them had guards at the top.

I stealth killed a bear and it disappeared. Game's pretty awesome folks.

To answer Chaz's question, there does not seem to be a way of turning it off, short of respeccing.

Mechanical spoiler ahead for the DLC:

Spoiler:

You get a weapon early on that allows you to chain the Rush Assassination 4 times. To kill a mercenary, I waited until he had two other guards beside him, then chained Mercenary -> Guard 1 -> Mercenary -> Guard 2 -> Mercenary. In the end all three were dead.

When I got the game, I picked up the Season Pass, but historically I almost never play that content. I'm having fun again in this world.

Overall the episode took me about 3-4 hours. It's the first of three parts, with the rest to be released in the following months.

Now Kassandra has a polar bear. It's about twice the size of a normal polar bear. I'm not sure what a polar bear is doing in Greece. Also she rides a black unicorn. In this image, she's wearing the gray Traveler armor set.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/J2Imlgdh.jpg)

Shortly after I shot that, I acquired the last piece of Amazon armor!

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/uod6WaMh.jpg)

I do wonder what Alexios looks like in that.

Oh many, you can make her look like Wonder Woman? I gotta get that set.

Yep, it's one of the cultist sets.

Yeah, I've got at least some of it. Maybe most. I just tend to not bother wearing the cultist stuff, since there's usually so long between cultist kills. The piece dropped levels to where you are when you get it, so I'd only be wearing one piece at a time. Yeah, I could upgrade, but why bother when I'll get the free upgrade when I get the fifth piece?

The Immortal set has saved my bacon in a few boss fights now.

Chaz wrote:

Yeah, I've got at least some of it. Maybe most. I just tend to not bother wearing the cultist stuff, since there's usually so long between cultist kills. The piece dropped levels to where you are when you get it, so I'd only be wearing one piece at a time. Yeah, I could upgrade, but why bother when I'll get the free upgrade when I get the fifth piece?

The Immortal set has saved my bacon in a few boss fights now.

You know when you get the last piece of the set that the whole set jumps to your level?

NathanialG wrote:
Chaz wrote:

Yeah, I've got at least some of it. Maybe most. I just tend to not bother wearing the cultist stuff, since there's usually so long between cultist kills. The piece dropped levels to where you are when you get it, so I'd only be wearing one piece at a time. Yeah, I could upgrade, but why bother when I'll get the free upgrade when I get the fifth piece?

The Immortal set has saved my bacon in a few boss fights now.

You know when you get the last piece of the set that the whole set jumps to your level?

He said that in his second to last sentence.

I'm ~7 hours in, level 8. Still enjoying it but I clearly need to get some higher level weapons. I had three different mercenaries on my tail last night, and although I killed one of them when I got him alone, that was very slow going as my weapon did so little damage, it took a lot of patience to finish him off. When the other two found me at the same time, I tried taking them down, but I was just too exposed in 2-on-1 given how little damage I was doing when I got hits in. Guess I need to focus on story quests? Really psyched to see how this looks in 4k when my One X arrives soon.

Outside of cheese tactics (kite to a tall place and sparta kick them over the edge) I don’t think you’re generally meant to be able to handle a 2 on 1 with mercenaries if they’re above your level, regardless of weapons. And early on, if you get a 3 alert rating chances are at least one will have been above your level.

Chaz wrote:

The other day, I was thinking "man, I've been playing this game for a month solid now, haven't I? That's impressive." Then I checked the timestamps on my cheevos, and realized I've actually been playing this thing for two months solid. That's unheard of for me. Apparently I like this game.

Heh, yeah same, been playing since release and somehow I've yet to get bored of the game.

I am finally coming up on the end though, all storylines except the Cultists are complete, and I only have like four left to go.

I had two lvl12 bounty hunters on me last night, having just turned lvl11 and only having lvl9 and 10 equipment. Got beat pretty badly. Lots of bow kiting helped me take them down one on one, but it was still dicey. My experience of the game so far is they push you to open combat a lot, which makes sense for a mercenary I suppose. Still looking forward to pushing my assassin abilities higher. Various quest choices already have me wondering how flexible the narrative is. There were two quest decisions in relatively close proximity that I'll probably look up later how they differ.

vypre wrote:
NathanialG wrote:
Chaz wrote:

Yeah, I've got at least some of it. Maybe most. I just tend to not bother wearing the cultist stuff, since there's usually so long between cultist kills. The piece dropped levels to where you are when you get it, so I'd only be wearing one piece at a time. Yeah, I could upgrade, but why bother when I'll get the free upgrade when I get the fifth piece?

The Immortal set has saved my bacon in a few boss fights now.

You know when you get the last piece of the set that the whole set jumps to your level?

He said that in his second to last sentence. ;)

Literacy is hard.

Finished the big main story elements at 92 hours. Gonna break for now but keep it installed because the mechanics of the game is just so good and I still have some unexplored places I can go to.

I hacked and slashed my way through the game. For a long time I tried to minimize killing soldiers but toward the end there are some cultists you can only get to by doing certain things so I got a little more feisty. I used a sword pretty much exclusive the whole game. I usually changed my appearance to the hunter style stuff so I could wear the body paint during cut scenes. 218 assassinations / 3135 killed. A lot more head on fighting for sure.

If your already playing ac odessy on Google stream if you play it for an hour between now and Jan 15th you get a copy for free in Uplay.

Still unsure if your save will carry over but great game for free!

Heya, Hobear. That's great news for me (70 hours in Google Stream version now). Do you have a link for that? I just played a good bit this morning, and I don't see anything in Uplay. I haven't received an email or anything with that offer. I'd love to be able to keep playing after Jan 15.

Alright guys/gals, I have a problem. I've got a $50 PSN gift card and 2 Assassins Crees games I've been meaning to play. Origins and Odyssey. I haven't played an AC since Revelations (played and beat every one up to that point). I love stealth, but I hated the repetition of the quests the earlier games in the series had.

Gameplay and Story are what sold those games to me. In your professional Assassins Creed playing opinions, what game should I gun for? Origins or Odyssey? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

The way I understand it is you will get the game on january 15 for uplay, hey my birthday. You have to be signed up with uplay to even us google stream so you should be all set.

The Conformist wrote:

Alright guys/gals, I have a problem. I've got a $50 PSN gift card and 2 Assassins Crees games I've been meaning to play. Origins and Odyssey. I haven't played an AC since Revelations (played and beat every one up to that point). I love stealth, but I hated the repetition of the quests the earlier games in the series had.

Gameplay and Story are what sold those games to me. In your professional Assassins Creed playing opinions, what game should I gun for? Origins or Odyssey? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I've got some thoughts over here. Fair warning that both these games are seriously massive. I lot of it is optional, but the gameplay loop is pretty much the same throughout. For me, the sneaky stabby loop is great and I enjoyed the repetition, but ymmv. For strictly story, I give the edge to Origins, but it's real close.

Whereas I preferred Odyssey. Due to my own background, I connected more with Greece than Egypt, and I enjoyed Kassandra a lot more than Bayek.

I liked both for different reasons. I give the tiniest of edges to Origins because I think the relationship between Bayek and Aya and the way it develops is more nuanced than the story in Odyssey. I don't think there's a wrong answer here, though.

I bit and I'm loving it after 2 hours.
I'm wishing the Shadow of Mordor games played more like this. Or maybe its the controls?
I like this better than Origins which I couldn't get into but can appreciate. I think the combat seems less sluggish in Odyssey. I would say I like the Greek setting better but I think I was turned off by the starting exploration in Origins. The jumping puzzles were interesting but suffered from camera wonkiness.

I do think a large part could be the Shaileen Woodley Shehulkshep er um, I mean femshep.

Hmmmmm. Are there any "Tomb" like areas that you can explore like in AC2 and Brotherhood? I dont remember which game had them, but I found the Tombs of all the old Assassins quite fun to explore and learn from. If one of thrae two games has that over another then my decision will be easy, hah.