World Cup 2018 - Russia

Well, I’m hoping France or England win this mess of a tourney. So far so good with the Uruguayan keeper giving high fives to shots before the count as goals.

Wooooof. That was a howler's howler.

Yeah that was one heck of a powerful kick by Griezmann!

whispa wrote:

Yeah that was one heck of a powerful kick by Griezmann!

Yeah and it caught the keep by surprise when he started moving far post. Uruguay’s defense looks terrible. Giving space and looks at the 18 is ridiculous.

Fedaykin98 wrote:

Watching my second match in public of this tournament. TheWalt and I are at the same soccer pub we watched the Euro Final at, once again pulling for France.

...but that dive by Mbappe is almost enough to make you pull for Suarez's team. What an embarrassment. His teammates need to square him away.

Oof. That Muslera slap at the ball. Piu, piu, piu.

Seemed pretty easy for France, in a very lukewarm game. France is killing South American teams left and right. Will Brasil be another one or will Belgium take care of that? We shall see.

BlackSheep wrote:

Well, I’m hoping France or England win this mess of a tourney. So far so good with the Uruguayan keeper giving high fives to shots before the count as goals.

Not liking the tournament?

Giroud looking happy because he knows at the very least he has another Top Four trophy to go with all the ones he won at Arsenal.

slazev wrote:

Oof. That Muslera slap at the ball. Piu, piu, piu.

Seemed pretty easy for France, in a very lukewarm game. France is killing South American teams left and right. Will Brasil be another one or will Belgium take care of that? We shall see.

BlackSheep wrote:

Well, I’m hoping France or England win this mess of a tourney. So far so good with the Uruguayan keeper giving high fives to shots before the count as goals.

Not liking the tournament?

On the contrary, I love this tourney and I love that there’s no real front runner or super teams. I love that the playing field was largely anyone’s game - it’s been very unlike so many other wcs and I’m really happy for that.

Fellaini starting in midfield when Mousa Dembélé is right there?

Never change, Roberto Martinez.

11 now for Own Goal! Only two behind Just Fontaine's record!

Mr Bismarck wrote:

11 now for Own Goal! Only two behind Just Fontaine's record!

He is having a miraculous tournament, honestly. Someone's got to sign him.

That KDB boy good.

Also, Lukaku is so much better than he looks at ManU.

G I N G E R W I Z A R D !

Mr Bismarck wrote:

G I N G E R W I Z A R D !

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/EUZ97mP.jpg)

Things are going as well as I could have hoped.
Guess Neymar hasnt been spinning enough in his grave to turn things around.

Every time Brazil get down the outside on the left they just cut back inside to the top of the box. They're not convinced Jesus can get onto a cross.

Paulinho in midfield is just as bad as Fellaini.

Imagine how good an attack with Hazard-De Bruyne-Lukaku would be for a club side.

Brazil got things started off with an own goal, just like they did versus Germany four years ago.

Muller scored the first one in 2014, right? A corner, but not an OG.

Mr Bismarck wrote:

Muller scored the first one in 2014, right? A corner, but not an OG.

Am I wrong? I thought the Marcelo own goal was the first one in 2014.

That's not gonna happen. This Brasil is much, much better than 2014. They were very unlucky in the first minutes.

Mr Bismarck wrote:

They're not convinced Jesus can get onto a cross.

Out of context theater, folks.

Ooh not over yet.

That probably should have tied it

Brazil's going to regret those two great chances if this finished 2-1. Didn't even get them on target.

Rat Boy wrote:
Mr Bismarck wrote:

They're not convinced Jesus can get onto a cross.

Out of context theater, folks.

Surprising to say about Brazil as well.

Wow. That was...

We've had two examples today of why having a great goalkeeper matters.

Also, I am feeling VERY good about my world cup picks.

EDIT: Oh, and we're all watching the finals of the Euros now.

Prederick wrote:

Also, I am feeling VERY good about my world cup picks.

I'm not

Thought Belgium road their luck in the 2nd half getting carved open in midfield and should have made substitutions earlier but they got the job done. Lukaku + De Bruyne = fun.

Brasil really didn't want to win today. So many wasted chances. VAR failed in not awarding a penalty to Brasil.
Other than that, kudos to Martinez for making all of us fools for laughing about Fellaini being in the starting 11. Belgium defended pretty well today, at least compared to their previous games.

And today the world cup as transformed into the european cup.
I'll be rooting for a Belgium x Croatia/Sweden.
I want a new world champion. But screw Russia.