WoW: Battle for Azeroth (8.3 on deck)

I'm liking the enhancement shaman in this patch. The talent selection feels much more situational than before to me, and I like having a proc for Lava Lash as well as Storm Strike.

I'm planning to get my shaman through Legion content by the time BfA launches, so the question now on my mind is what character should I use my boost for!? I'm thinking of monk actually, because I like the Windwalker spec and would love the option to go tank and healer if I wanted. Not sure yet though.

Vickriman wrote:

I'm liking the enhancement shaman in this patch. The talent selection feels much more situational than before to me, and I like having a proc for Lava Lash as well as Storm Strike.

I'm planning to get my shaman through Legion content by the time BfA launches, so the question now on my mind is what character should I use my boost for!? I'm thinking of monk actually, because I like the Windwalker spec and would love the option to go tank and healer if I wanted. Not sure yet though.

Monks are great fun. The tank spec is extremely versatile and quite powerful. Zenke is currently in love with the healer spec and we both enjoy Windwalker.

ranalin wrote:
fangblackbone wrote:

The damage demon hunter is as fun or even moreso than in beta.

They just streamlined them. I don't understand why they gave them the taunt ability. Unless it does something in pvp there's never anything i want to taunt while in havoc specialization.

I think any class that can tank gets the taunt in their DPS specs. My Monk certainly does. Some of that is for flavor; some of it is for pulling an add off the healer in the hopes of buying enough time to stabilize a bad situation.

Reaper81 wrote:
Vickriman wrote:

I'm liking the enhancement shaman in this patch. The talent selection feels much more situational than before to me, and I like having a proc for Lava Lash as well as Storm Strike.

I'm planning to get my shaman through Legion content by the time BfA launches, so the question now on my mind is what character should I use my boost for!? I'm thinking of monk actually, because I like the Windwalker spec and would love the option to go tank and healer if I wanted. Not sure yet though.

Monks are great fun. The tank spec is extremely versatile and quite powerful. Zenke is currently in love with the healer spec and we both enjoy Windwalker.

I REALLY love the healing monk in pvp.

So far the Global Cooldown changes are very annoying. Putting most everything on the GCD just makes the rotations clunky and slow. Maybe some things needed to be added but so far it seems overkill for most every class.

I'm leveling a WW monk right now and enjoying it. He seems a little squishy at the moment, but he's undergeared, and I can't seem to stop myself from rolling into a pack of five mobs. OH SH!T THIS ISN'T MY RET PALLY

On a related note, can anyone recommend a not-hard-to-get transmog with pants (no skirts) that looks vaguely karate-esque and looks OK on a panda? I got tired of the Shado-Pan kit, so I'm now rocking a transmog that now makes him look like a farmer.

Kung Fu Lumberjack FTW!

GWJ Alliance Community Link:

https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invi...

Contact me in game if you can't get it up and running.

Thanks.

EDIT: GM9K9RNHKX5 - direct code

Hello, thread! I'm an old-time WoW player who just recently got back into the game for the first time in a long time.

Is there a GWJ Horde "Community" set up?

Edit: I just checked out the sticky threads in this forum. Looks like GWJ is mostly Alliance?

WolverineJon wrote:

Hello, thread! I'm an old-time WoW player who just recently got back into the game for the first time in a long time.

Is there a GWJ Horde "Community" set up?

Edit: I just checked out the sticky threads in this forum. Looks like GWJ is mostly Alliance?

Seems most currently playing are, I don’t know if we still have anyone on the horde side? If we have anyone, could they tell us what server are we on? I’m mostly playing horde these days as well.

My main is alliance, NE hunter, but ive got a horde side warlock for experiencing horde side story. Both on Uldamon

There's a group of us playing Horde, but not part of the GWJ guild.

ranalin wrote:

There's a group of us playing Horde, but not part of the GWJ guild.

Is there a single guild/server? Or are we spread across a few different ones?

Dr.Incurable wrote:
ranalin wrote:

There's a group of us playing Horde, but not part of the GWJ guild.

Is there a single guild/server? Or are we spread across a few different ones?

Primarily Blackhand, but there's a couple on other grouped servers. Only ones i know about are in the Dignitas guild. People that are playing now are just leveling alts and experimenting with the new story. There won't be much activity till launch.

ranalin wrote:
Dr.Incurable wrote:
ranalin wrote:

There's a group of us playing Horde, but not part of the GWJ guild.

Is there a single guild/server? Or are we spread across a few different ones?

Primarily Blackhand, but there's a couple on other grouped servers. Only ones i know about are in the Dignitas guild. People that are playing now are just leveling alts and experimenting with the new story. There won't be much activity till launch.

Do you know if the Blackhand guild would be willing to accept a casual player atm by chance?

I have been on Kil'jaeden forever. The guild I'm in is very casual and not overly active atm 3-4 people, but 5-10 once BfA launches. half of the people are in Taiwan so their hours of play are switched but good friendly people. I can invite you in if you want.

Dr.Incurable wrote:
ranalin wrote:
Dr.Incurable wrote:
ranalin wrote:

There's a group of us playing Horde, but not part of the GWJ guild.

Is there a single guild/server? Or are we spread across a few different ones?

Primarily Blackhand, but there's a couple on other grouped servers. Only ones i know about are in the Dignitas guild. People that are playing now are just leveling alts and experimenting with the new story. There won't be much activity till launch.

Do you know if the Blackhand guild would be willing to accept a casual player atm by chance?

TBH i have no idea. I have preordered for the new expansion, but unless something changes i may be taking a pass this time around. I've been hopping in the past couple weeks just to play with friends and shoot the sh*t while getting my main ready for the release content.

You can jump onto the WNJ discord server and ask Bean about guild details and invites.

Medmey wrote:

I have been on Kil'jaeden forever. The guild I'm in is very casual and not overly active atm 3-4 people, but 5-10 once BfA launches. half of the people are in Taiwan so their hours of play are switched but good friendly people. I can invite you in if you want.

Edit: I'll think about it, I enjoy small guilds like that, but the time difference makes me a little uneasy, I'll let you know, thanks.

ranalin wrote:
Dr.Incurable wrote:
ranalin wrote:
Dr.Incurable wrote:
ranalin wrote:

There's a group of us playing Horde, but not part of the GWJ guild.

Is there a single guild/server? Or are we spread across a few different ones?

Primarily Blackhand, but there's a couple on other grouped servers. Only ones i know about are in the Dignitas guild. People that are playing now are just leveling alts and experimenting with the new story. There won't be much activity till launch.

Do you know if the Blackhand guild would be willing to accept a casual player atm by chance?

TBH i have no idea. I have preordered for the new expansion, but unless something changes i may be taking a pass this time around. I've been hopping in the past couple weeks just to play with friends and shoot the sh*t while getting my main ready for the release content.

You can jump onto the WNJ discord server and ask Bean about guild details and invites.

I'll look into it, thanks.

TBH I thought more people would join the GWJ Community.
There is about 5-6 people and a few alts.

I am really bummed I missed out on the leveling event before Legion because I think they stealth nerfed XP gain this patch. I put leveling alts on hold a bit before 8.0 because I wanted to see how Expeditions and Warfronts would play out. Those don't seem to be playing out as alt leveling features.

With that said, it is still fun and it could be that the new areas in beta were just more fun and new. Which makes old world content seem slower. I know for a fact that the class changes are great but a ton of the changes are not realized until very high levels.

Check this example that
Druid Feral - Predatory Swiftness (level 80) 20% chance per combo point to make regrowth insta cast and won't break shapeshift
Shaman Enhancement - Healing Surge (level 66) consumes 20 maelstrom to become instant.
Priest Shadow - I will fill in when I get home because I can't find an updated list of abilities but there are 2-3 that make the class exciting

I intend to join, i just didn;t have a chance to log on yesterday

Dr.Incurable wrote:

Do you know if the Blackhand guild would be willing to accept a casual player atm by chance?

Absolutely! Msg me in-game. Jorrn is my main; Brewmanchu is the alt I'm playing most these days. I'm in game most nights from 8-10 pm EDT and off and on during the weekends.

For new and returning players: there's a quote-unquote official GWJ guild, and it's GWJ Alliance on the Blackhand server. (We're paired with the Galakrond server these days, which means you can roll there and still join the guild.) The guild is open to all comers. It's social only (though opening to 5s, raids, BGs, etc. if someone wants to organize it.)

If you're into raiding, check out Rapture on the Blackhand-A server. Several former GWJ-Alliance raiders are there now.

There's a GWJ Horde guild, but it's small and doesn't appear to be too active.

Plus as folks above have noted, there are other GWJ-affiliated guilds on several other servers.

Unrelated: Seems the drop rate for herbs and ores has been buffed a lot. I'm getting 4-6 instead of 1-2 or so.

Enix wrote:
Dr.Incurable wrote:

Do you know if the Blackhand guild would be willing to accept a casual player atm by chance?

Absolutely! Msg me in-game. Jorrn is my main; Brewmanchu is the alt I'm playing most these days. I'm in game most nights from 8-10 pm EDT and off and on during the weekends.

For new and returning players: there's a quote-unquote official GWJ guild, and it's GWJ Alliance on the Blackhand server. (We're paired with the Galakrond server these days, which means you can roll there and still join the guild.) The guild is open to all comers. It's social only (though opening to 5s, raids, BGs, etc. if someone wants to organize it.)

If you're into raiding, check out Rapture on the Blackhand-A server. Several former GWJ-Alliance raiders are there now.

There's a GWJ Horde guild, but it's small and doesn't appear to be too active.

Plus as folks above have noted, there are other GWJ-affiliated guilds on several other servers.

Unrelated: Seems the drop rate for herbs and ores has been buffed a lot. I'm getting 4-6 instead of 1-2 or so.

I think I’m still in the alliance guild, I’ll double check when I log in again. At the moment I’m grinding argussian reach rep on my horde character, and wanted a guild to be in to make things go a little smoother with. When I unlock void elves I’ll be spending more time on alliance then.

Be sure to do the class hall quests far enough to get the missions that reward rep tokens.
Can anyone confirm that the Battlefronts are still giving good rep rewards?
Also has anyone tried the 71-80 leveling trick in Kharazan to see that it still works?

The class hall changes to remove the gold from mission rewards would have been nice to keep until BfA actually launched. It was a nice steady source of gold everyday through the legion phone app.

Yeh I play pretty much exclusively Horde, but on an Oceanic server so not much use due to time zones and lag etc

I stopped playing Legion about 1.5 months ago. Starting to get the itch now that 8.0 dropped. With each new expansion I typically start with my pally (of course) in prot spec and then my DK in blood. I find that ramping up with new content as a tank is more forgiving. I used my Legion boost on my monk and really enjoy Brewmaster. But I find that BM self-healing is not nearly as effective as pally, DK or even warrior.

I want to start BofA with my monk but am concerned the BM is just going to fall flat out of the gate for leveling. Any thoughts or tips?

You will be fine.

I was set to go Prot Warrior until the change to Ignore Pain went live and made a hard pivot back to my BM monk.

I have been throwing him at raids, WQ, PvP and Dungeons.

They are not great for in-combat self sustain (though there are certain talent options) but otherwise they are best-in-class for tanking.

I use Fighter Chow food (self healing increase out of combat) and healing spells to lower down time. Otherwise I am AOE pulling like crazy with Ox Statue (aka Angry Dave.)

Any achievement hunters out there after more exalted rep here is a way to get Magram and Gelkis faction exalted. Old School reps you could never get to max. I had already completed the chain in Cata but was able to talk to the guy Karnum Marshweaver at the Cenarion Wildlands in Desolace to boost both to exalted. 2 more closer to 80 reps.

Magram/Gelkis Exalted Rep

Not sure if it's a bug with the new loot system, or if it's just an effect of personal loot, but the mount didn't drop from Attumen in mythic lower kharazhan. Unless I'm mistaken it's a 100% drop if someone in the party doesn't have it, evenly split between the person(s) who don't have it. Was my friend who told me this mistaken? Or is personal loot just weird?

Edit: If it is guaranteed, I know I don't have it, and additionally, as far as I can tell no one else got any loot at all in the dungeon. Nothing showed up in the chat window where there are usually notifications of people getting loot from bosses.

I have a question on the new races. I haven't played since the last expansion and I'm afraid I haven't been following the new expansion notes.

Can I choose more than one of the new races to start or am I limited to only one?