WoW: Battle for Azeroth (8.2 drops June 25)

Enix wrote:

8.2 comes out June 25. At the link, there's a 2-minute video on the features in the new patch.

Here's the Wowhead roundup of key features.

This is a big one. Buckle up.

Aww blizzard, that's the best birthday week present!

The grind is real my friends.

Nazjatar feels like an appropriate challenge at ilvl 400. Get ready to be bombarded by all kinds of activities.

Also, Mechagon is kind of a strange rep grind. There is only like one world quest a day for 850ish rep (plus tough pet battles) so if you value flying as fast as possible, you'll want to log in daily.

Edit: world quest per day. There are several daily quests around the island.

I am confused about the heart of azeroth changes.
Have they completely scrapped the old system?

fangblackbone wrote:

I am confused about the heart of azeroth changes.
Have they completely scrapped the old system?

Nope. They're adding to it, sort of like they did with the Netherlight Crucible at the end of Legion.

Now that 8.2 is out, you can level your neck piece again. (It was stuck at 50 for a while; slackers get theirs boosted to 35, and AP requirements to level have been nerfed to the ground.) You get essences as you do stuff in WoW -- rep, quests, raids, dungeons, BGs, etc. -- and you unlock essence slots as you level the neck piece. Essences have ranks that you unlock by doing stuff.

There's a bread crumb quest line to unlock essences when you step into Nazjatar. Follow that, then start killing stuff like you always do.

The Wowhead writeup looks pretty good. The one thing I'm not clear on (but Reap probably knows) is how the essences change or not when you swap specs.

Enix wrote:
fangblackbone wrote:

I am confused about the heart of azeroth changes.
Have they completely scrapped the old system?

Nope. They're adding to it, sort of like they did with the Netherlight Crucible at the end of Legion.

Now that 8.2 is out, you can level your neck piece again. (It was stuck at 50 for a while; slackers get theirs boosted to 35, and AP requirements to level have been nerfed to the ground.) You get essences as you do stuff in WoW -- rep, quests, raids, dungeons, BGs, etc. -- and you unlock essence slots as you level the neck piece. Essences have ranks that you unlock by doing stuff.

There's a bread crumb quest line to unlock essences when you step into Nazjatar. Follow that, then start killing stuff like you always do.

The Wowhead writeup looks pretty good. The one thing I'm not clear on (but Reap probably knows) is how the essences change or not when you swap specs.

I think it stays active in the slot but only functions if you are in the essence's designated role.

Reaper81 wrote:
Enix wrote:
fangblackbone wrote:

I am confused about the heart of azeroth changes.
Have they completely scrapped the old system?

Nope. They're adding to it, sort of like they did with the Netherlight Crucible at the end of Legion.

Now that 8.2 is out, you can level your neck piece again. (It was stuck at 50 for a while; slackers get theirs boosted to 35, and AP requirements to level have been nerfed to the ground.) You get essences as you do stuff in WoW -- rep, quests, raids, dungeons, BGs, etc. -- and you unlock essence slots as you level the neck piece. Essences have ranks that you unlock by doing stuff.

There's a bread crumb quest line to unlock essences when you step into Nazjatar. Follow that, then start killing stuff like you always do.

The Wowhead writeup looks pretty good. The one thing I'm not clear on (but Reap probably knows) is how the essences change or not when you swap specs.

I think it stays active in the slot but only functions if you are in the essence's designated role.

You flying yet? I'm staying far, far away until the crowd dies down.

I think it's gonna be a bit before most people are flying. Unless i'm missing something there's a limit to how much rep you can get per day (there's no rep grind-able mobs for example)

The zones really favor discovery and exploration. I try to prioritize the WQs and dailies and then do the storyline / requisition missions.

I am up to honored in both. It will probably be about three weeks total. Darkmoon Faire next week will help.

The Ashes of Al'ar mount dropped for me tonight! I've only been farming it for seven years.

Nice. That's the one from Tempest Keep, right?

ruhk wrote:

The Ashes of Al'ar mount dropped for me tonight! I've only been farming it for seven years. :P

Gratz. I farmed for that thing for forever and finally gave up this expansion.

Sydhart wrote:
ruhk wrote:

The Ashes of Al'ar mount dropped for me tonight! I've only been farming it for seven years. :P

Gratz. I farmed for that thing for forever and finally gave up this expansion.

Same! Big congrats on that one.

I did get the bear ground mount this weekend from Darkshore WQ. That made me quite happy as black bears hold great personal significance.

Edit: I got flying shortly after the reset. I had a toon parked in Icecrown for a LONG time trying to camp unborn valkyr battle pet spawns and I finally got one. First one I ever saw, I caught.

Not joking, I had a near-panic attack.

Reaper81 wrote:

Edit: I got flying shortly after the reset. I had a toon parked in Icecrown for a LONG time trying to camp unborn valkyr battle pet spawns and I finally got one. First one I ever saw, I caught.

Not joking, I had a near-panic attack.

Grats! That one was a PITA to get.

If you're still on Blackhand and in the need of specific battle pets, hit me up. I've got a bunch stored in the guild bank and on one of my banking toons.

@ Ruhk: Grats on the mount! RNG that goes in your favor is immensely satisfying.

If you are looking to catch an Unbork Valkyr, it looks like they've expanded on where they spawn. It used to be only at a couple of spots in Icecrown, and Storm Peaks, but now they're in a lot more places, like Crystalsong forest. I caught one just the other day down at the western side of the western most purple patch. It took less than a minute to find one.

Take a look at https://www.wowhead.com/npc=71163/un... for more maps of where to find them.