WoW: Battle for Azeroth (8.2.5 comes out Sept 24)

Curiosity question: How are y'all doing on the BfA rep grind?

I've done pretty much every emissary quest since BfA dropped and I'm using the weekly bonus to Champs of Azeroth. I don't go out of my way to do extra WQs, but I'll pick up some here and there if I'm in the area. I'll try to double up best I can (i.e., do a Champs of Azeroth WQ to count as one of my four to, say, Proudmore), and I used the Wickerman rep during the Halloween holiday.

So far, I'm revered with everyone -- about halfway and them some to exalted with Embers, Proudmore and Storm's Wake, and less than half with Champs, 7th Legion and the turtles. (I'm like 5K/21K with the turtles - that's going to be the real grind.)

I know that some folks are exalted with certain reps because I've seen Dark Irons and the new pony mounts out and about. I'm just wondering if my progress seems more or less on target. I know I'm not ahead of the curve, but I don't think I'm too far behind. OR AM I?!?

You're probably on target with most folk. I've been exalted with honorbound for a couple of weeks. I'm also exalted with Zandalari. I'm about 3/4 to exalted with everything else.

So....what is the weekly bonus you are referring to?

Exalted with everyone except for Champions, Tortollan, and the Nazmir reps.

I've also stopped playing except for raid days, because of Spider-Man, RDR2, and MHW PC.

Enix wrote:

Curiosity question: How are y'all doing on the BfA rep grind?

I've done pretty much every emissary quest since BfA dropped and I'm using the weekly bonus to Champs of Azeroth. I don't go out of my way to do extra WQs, but I'll pick up some here and there if I'm in the area. I'll try to double up best I can (i.e., do a Champs of Azeroth WQ to count as one of my four to, say, Proudmore), and I used the Wickerman rep during the Halloween holiday.

So far, I'm revered with everyone -- about halfway and them some to exalted with Embers, Proudmore and Storm's Wake, and less than half with Champs, 7th Legion and the turtles. (I'm like 5K/21K with the turtles - that's going to be the real grind.)

I know that some folks are exalted with certain reps because I've seen Dark Irons and the new pony mounts out and about. I'm just wondering if my progress seems more or less on target. I know I'm not ahead of the curve, but I don't think I'm too far behind. OR AM I?!?

I'm at about the same place as you Enix. I'll probably fall behind though as I'm now working on my horde character more and going through the story.

Also, the horde storyline is SO MUCH BETTER so far than Alliance. It kind of pisses me off tbh. I've completed Zandalar and halfway through Nazmir.

astralplaydoh wrote:

So....what is the weekly bonus you are referring to?

I know I didn't describe it correctly. It's that inscription scroll that gives you +10 rep points for that faction every time you do a WQ. The scroll is good for a week (which is why I called it a weekly bonus, I guess.)

(It's this thing: Contract - Champions of Azeroth.)

Sydhart wrote:

Also, the horde storyline is SO MUCH BETTER so far than Alliance. It kind of pisses me off tbh. I've completed Zandalar and halfway through Nazmir.

Oooo, tempting! I loved the Drustvar storyline because it was so creepy and weird. And then I did Stormsong, and it was something about Horde and quillboar and ... maybe I took too long and forgot the story. (I'm trying it with a second toon now; maybe it'll go better.)

I'm doing Tiragarde now. Two words: drunken pirates. It's goofy and fun and just what I need at the moment. It actually seems to connect back to the main Ally story line, which kinda got rolled out and forgotten. Weird.

I'll do Horde eventually. I promised to stick to (mostly) one toon this expansion and so far I've done that.

Alliance is like 3 stories that are barely tied together. Horde is much more intertwined.

I hit exalted with everyone last week. I didn't do much specific grinding on world quests, but I would always prioritize the ones that rewarded rep. I was also pretty active with missions that rewarded rep.

Huh...didn't even know you could get contracts.

I hit Exalted with Champions of Azeroth and the Honorbound a couple weeks ago, but I was hitting the mission table pretty hard for those. In hindsight I probably needn't have bothered, as I haven't yet played the Mag'har that I was so keen to make. Other than that I've been making sure to clean out my emissary quests before they drop off, hitting as many dual-faction world quests as I could manage. The trolls maxed out just recently, and the other two are somewhere in the Revered range.

Mostly I've been distracted by my Alliance alt on Blackhand, who just finished up Boran Tundra and Howling Fjord. Northrend is really pretty with the extended draw distance. The WotLK zones are a lot larger and more open than the more recent ones, so you really feel the expanded views. The dense, compartmentalized zones of Legion and BfA are still really nice, but the way the terrain breaks things up I don't get the same vibe from them.

Agree on Northrend. It's one of my favorite expansions.

astralplaydoh wrote:

Huh...didn't even know you could get contracts.

I think you can get one for each faction.

I went with Champs first because it has the biggest reward (more iLvls for the necklace).

Then it'll be Tortollans because that's by far the slowest rep to grind.

Delbin wrote:

I hit exalted with everyone last week. I didn't do much specific grinding on world quests, but I would always prioritize the ones that rewarded rep. I was also pretty active with missions that rewarded rep.

You know, that's the advice I'd give to myself if I were starting the grind all over. I've skipped a lot of nights this expansion, or logged on just long enough to do the mission table. If I were more intent on hitting exalted, I'd seek out more WQs with rep.

I am seeking out WQs that reward pet tokens. Those damn things are scarce, and I am a pet hoarder. Somewhere in one of the Alliance zones there's a houseful of cats, and I felt strangely at home there.

This seems to be the most appropriate place unless I missed a thread elsewhere. So regarding classic, it is bare bones, it is nostalgic and it is difficult. A level 15 mage with the frost armor gets killed in 3-4 hits by a boar, ret paladin is non existant, shammie off-tanks are quite possible now, rogues are the best class for money making once again, hunters have loyalty once again. Overall it is a much more basic, difficult version of WoW. It is not for everyone. Much of our QoL is gone, no shared looting, no group/raid finder, no shared mounts/pets that I could tell, money is quite hard to obtain and food/drink is really necessary unless you're a mage. However, if you want to experience vanilla because you didn't get the chance or never progressed far like me (I never broke 40 until Wrath), then this is gonna be a great game. If you want a more casual, easier game go for modern WoW.

I remember being a level 60 prot tank and not being able to anything outside of dungeons.
That sucked. I'll pass.

So the guy that said "You don't want what you want" was right? Color me surprised.
I should sell MWGA hats! (MWoWGA?)

Not surprising. I bet I'll play it, for nostalgia, get to 60, and stop.
They should add some of the QoL changes though, rather than a completely faithful vanilla version.
Like group finder, shared tagging of mobs etc.

Also, rather than making it Classis WoW 1.12 or whatever, it should be progressing like a speeded up version of the original, like adding Outlands after a year (but add in new servers starting fresh), then Wrath after another year (and Outlands on the 1 year old servers) and so on. That would have been a neat thing to jump into once in a while.

Shadout wrote:

Not surprising. I bet I'll play it, for nostalgia, get to 60, and stop.
They should add some of the QoL changes though, rather than a completely faithful vanilla version.
Like group finder, shared tagging of mobs etc.

Also, rather than making it Classis WoW 1.12 or whatever, it should be progressing like a speeded up version of the original, like adding Outlands after a year (but add in new servers starting fresh), then Wrath after another year (and Outlands on the 1 year old servers) and so on. That would have been a neat thing to jump into once in a while.

This is what I'm hoping they'll do eventually, but I'd be happy with stopping the progression at Wrath. I played pretty faithfully until then (with the maximum amount of alts) and I feel the game went down hill after Cata. Would be nice to experience Pandaria and Draenor at launch though.

Wouldn't be surprised if that is what they end up doing either. It seems like the logical conclusion if Classic WoW is going to have any relevance long term.
Guess it would be nice if you could choose to stay at the old expansion or move on, if you had rather stay in Wrath for example.

Heck, how about a feature that allows you to transfer the character over to the modern game, if you decide at some point to move on.

Portal rooms in Org and Stormwind in 8.1.5. Good change for all the poor non-mages out there.

Actually, both 8.1.5 and 8.2 sounds nice. Hopefully they can fix the BfA-wide game systems before.

Nghghh. Mythic only dungeons...

Patch 8.1 comes out Dec. 11. Here's Wowhead with all the details.

Highlights:
New troll and human allied races
Remastered Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin
A Darkmoon Faire roller coaster!
WoD timewalking
New portal rooms in SW and Org (about time!)
Profession quest lines and items
Brawler's Guild is back (and maybe this time I'll do it)
New PvP brawl

I think I saw somewhere in all the BlizzCon news dumps that we're getting a new instance in 8.1. (Update: It's in 8.2, and they're calling it a megadungeon with gnomes.)

A new raid is coming out, too, but not until sometime after 8.1 drops.

Vanilla is due out summer 2019.

No mention of flying in BfA that I saw (but I could have missed it).

They mentioned flying in 8.2 or 8.2.5. Cant remember which.

Also it sounded like two new zones in 8.2. And more focus on new outdoor solo content - that is not world quests.

I'm going to be pushing it to wrap up 8.0 by Dec. 11. Back to grinding!

What's up with the portal rooms? Don't both cities now have this?

lunchbox12682 wrote:

What's up with the portal rooms? Don't both cities now have this?

Orgrimar has a bunch of portals awkwardly crammed into a corner of the Cleft of Shadows, a couple more on a different level down there, and one way over by the Panda balloon to the east for Pandaria which takes you to the continent, but not to the max-level hub. Then there's the Earthshrine up on the cliff with portals to the Cataclysm zones. None of them take you to Thunder Bluff, Silvermoon, or Undercity. The ones to other expansion continents may or may not take you to their hub cities.

No idea what Stormwind has. I haven't gone looking yet.

Stormwind is similar. So the idea is to make less of a mess of all of that?

Listening to the Classic panel. They are not bringing (m)any QOL changes, contrary they are going out of their way to remove them. Such as making sure there is a 16 debuff limit on targets, 1 hour mail timer.
Except, the 2 hour loot trading timer, which will be there.

Content will be released over time: So only MC, Onyxia etc. will be available at the beginning etc. to recreate the experience of vanilla, and not just walk into Naxxrammas after a week.

Shadout wrote:

Listening to the Classic panel. They are not bringing any QOL changes, contrary they are going out of their way to remove them. Such as making sure there is a 16 debuff limit on targets, 1 hour mail timer.
Except, the 2 hour loot trading timer, which will be there.

Content will be released over time: So only MC, Onyxia etc. will be available at the beginning etc. to recreate the experience of vanilla, and not just walk into Naxxrammas after a week.

Mmm on the one hand that is what I’ve been telling myself I’ve wanted, on the other hand that will be a lot to get used to.

I know people been asking for this forever, but i don't know 40 people that can get on at the same time for anything anymore.

I bet that all vanilla raids, maybe with the exception of Naxx (and Cthun maybe), will be relatively easily puggable.

Shadout wrote:

I bet that all vanilla raids, maybe with the exception of Naxx, will be relatively easily puggable.

If they have a LFR, that goes against the classic Ethos

I mean the vanilla raid with people making groups through chat
Like most of the raids are tank and spank fights.

So, last question at the Q&A was about getting expansions in Classic. The answer most certainly was not No.