NCAA College Football 2018-19: Official Thread

Your home for NCAA Football on GWJ!

Oh boy.

Wait National Signing Day is tomorrow... you're too early.

Ags' class just jumped from 35 to 23 after Leon O'Neal recommitted yesterday, and some services expect us to be one of the biggest movers tomorrow. We're in on a bunch of uncommitted guys and a couple that are committed elsewhere.

The coaching change and early signing day really threw some wrenches into our recruiting this cycle, but we might still finish strongly.

The Noles, who lost 7 guys the day that Jimbo left and dropped into the 60s have been doing quite well. While the class isn't huge, the ratio of blue chippers is quite high. Tomorrow should be interesting, as they are in the hunt for one of the highly rated QBs (James Foster) and may flip some guys from other schools. Similar to TAMU, anything positive is gravy considering the coaching change.

Things look good for Kirby to cement the number 1 overall class for the Dawgs tomorrow.

If we land 5 star CB Tyson Campbell as expected, that will make 7 of the 29 composite 5 stars to the Dawgs.

The Process II: the Processing, continues to be right on schedule if not ahead.

Yeah, Georgia is absolutely tearing it up this cycle.

Abu5217 wrote:

The Noles, who lost 7 guys the day that Jimbo left and dropped into the 60s have been doing quite well. While the class isn't huge, the ratio of blue chippers is quite high. Tomorrow should be interesting, as they are in the hunt for one of the highly rated QBs (James Foster) and may flip some guys from other schools. Similar to TAMU, anything positive is gravy considering the coaching change.

FYI his cousin (a 4-star OL) just signed with us and he's announcing any second.

Fedaykin98 wrote:
Abu5217 wrote:

The Noles, who lost 7 guys the day that Jimbo left and dropped into the 60s have been doing quite well. While the class isn't huge, the ratio of blue chippers is quite high. Tomorrow should be interesting, as they are in the hunt for one of the highly rated QBs (James Foster) and may flip some guys from other schools. Similar to TAMU, anything positive is gravy considering the coaching change.

FYI his cousin (a 4-star OL) just signed with us and he's announcing any second.

Aaaaaaand he just signed with the Ags!

I'm liking this Jimbo lyfe. We were set to sign no QB under Sumlin even though we're super thin there. Jimbo comes in at the eleventh hour and grabs not just a four star QB, but one with a four star OL cousin who wants to play with him.

Kirby can has all the croots.

*Edit* Just saw this fun little tweet:

Kipp Adams

@KippLAdams

Just to show how #UGA is recruiting in this cycle, Otis Reese was the highest-rated member of Michigan's class. Now becomes the 11th highest-rated in the #Dawgs class. Likely soon to become 12th in the next thirty minutes.

Louisville up in the top 25 when I caught some ESPN during my lunch workout.

I belive the Ags are up to 15 now and have several targets yet to announce.

Good grab of Foster by A&M. Considering how bad things were when Jimbo left (there are suggestions from 'croots that the old staff basically stopped recruiting in late October / early November), coach Willie has far more than salvaged the class. We flipped a couple of kids (RB and WR) from Tennessee and got a DL from Miami.

No QB in this class may be, well, interesting down the line, but all in all I am quite pleased with what should solidly be a top 15* class, all things considered.

* - The class was in the top 10 for a hot second, but got passed by USC and may get passed by Washington.

Wife and I are wondering if Kirby is telling recruits that Saban might retire so they should stick with him.

manta173 wrote:

Wife and I are wondering if Kirby is telling recruits that Saban might retire so they should stick with him. ;-)

I have heard that their relationship has cooled since Smart left, but I think it comes down to Kirby locking down the state.

Consider this bit from Al.com

The Kirby Smart factor is hard to ignore in this whole dynamic.

One of Alabama’s best recruiters in his eight seasons as defensive coordinator, Smart was a big reason the Tide did so well just east of the state line. Back in 2012, Alabama signed eight from Georgia. Since Smart took over in Athens, Alabama hasn’t signed more than one per class from Georgia. The Tide’s lone commitment for this class, Quay Walker, is now classified as a “soft commit” with Tennessee and Georgia gaining ground in the fight to flip the four-star linebacker.

Smart is the X-factor in it all.

“It hurts. It definitely hurts,” said Farrell of Rivals. “They’ve done a good job at Georgia in recent years. When you look at Kirby Smart being able to win head-to-head battles for guys that Alabama covets. Being able to flip guys that Alabama had committed. It’s not often that happens to Alabama at all.”

And in case you missed it, Quay did indeed sign with the Dawgs.

Texas seems to have done well at #3. Now let's see Herman do something with them. Oh yeah, still no stand-out QB.