GWJ RPGs

Orbital Decay - Episode 24

Welcome to Orbital Decay, an episodic collaborative storytelling RPG made possible by our Patreon subscribers! Join Game Master Michael Zenke as he takes Sean Sands, Shawn Andrich, Karla Andrich and Rob Daviau into a mysterious sci-fi adventure where our heroes don't know who they are, where they are or why they've emerged from their damaged cryo pods in the first place.

Right Click Here and 'Save As' to Download!

IMAGE(http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/files/images/podcasts/rss.gif)

  • Subscribe with iTunes
  • Subscribe with RSS
Download the official apps
  • Download the GWJ Conference Call app for Android
  • Download the GWJ Conference Call app for Android

Show credits

Comments

Whew, what a ride. well done all.

Thanks all. That was a lot of fun

Well done, thank you all Loved the characters and how the story was built. Not gonna lie I got a biiiiit confused on the hows/whys of the Project, but not so much that I couldn't enjoy the overall story.

Over time I found myself loving the character designs and I really wanted fanart or some other content soooo.... I made my own. It's been a while since I actively drew characters that I've been picturing in my head so it's a bit rough, but I wanted to share it with you all.

Art with Notes/Chatter If Interested:

Spoiler:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Xakw2p2.jpg)
I haven't re-listened to the opening episodes where the characters were being more established, so these are kind of what my brain grew into over the course of the story.

Jyn: I always pictured him as part Salarian, part Kaminoan, and with eyes that always looked down on the world with an always slightly annoyed/disinterested expression. Had fun drawing his 'Smile' though xD
88: Probably my least comfortable character type to draw, older military dudes! Gruff Harrison Ford-type character, but more lean and dangerous. Took a quick shot of him in uniform.
Cat: Bagheera from jungle book but standing upright. Paws like Scar from Lion King so padded but prehensile. The most expressive of the group. Had to doodle him covered in ooze/water because of course.
Pipe: Brick sh*thouse, the woman! Had to look at pictures of lady Dwarves for reference, as I picture her shorter and wider than the rest. An idea of the silver wiring up her back, something that can be a ton of fun to design.

Thanks again!

I haven't listened to the last ep yet, and I'm going to be sad for this to end. I've been enjoying the heck out of it. I just had to post here now though because of that awesome fanart! Great job raevenote! I regret that I had only one like to give.

Very Spoiler question here, will ruin the ending so be warned

Spoiler:

SOOO, our four heroes make it out in the end but is the universe basically all dead now? wasn't everyone turned into Shadows and then sucked in?

Was the ending left off to be followed up on in a squeal? if it was, how long do i have to wait for this?

Great Series, really loved this. looking forward to your next project.

raevenote wrote:

Well done, thank you all Loved the characters and how the story was built. Not gonna lie I got a biiiiit confused on the hows/whys of the Project, but not so much that I couldn't enjoy the overall story.

Over time I found myself loving the character designs and I really wanted fanart or some other content soooo.... I made my own. It's been a while since I actively drew characters that I've been picturing in my head so it's a bit rough, but I wanted to share it with you all.

Art with Notes/Chatter If Interested:

Spoiler:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Xakw2p2.jpg)
I haven't re-listened to the opening episodes where the characters were being more established, so these are kind of what my brain grew into over the course of the story.

Jyn: I always pictured him as part Salarian, part Kaminoan, and with eyes that always looked down on the world with an always slightly annoyed/disinterested expression. Had fun drawing his 'Smile' though xD
88: Probably my least comfortable character type to draw, older military dudes! Gruff Harrison Ford-type character, but more lean and dangerous. Took a quick shot of him in uniform.
Cat: Bagheera from jungle book but standing upright. Paws like Scar from Lion King so padded but prehensile. The most expressive of the group. Had to doodle him covered in ooze/water because of course.
Pipe: Brick sh*thouse, the woman! Had to look at pictures of lady Dwarves for reference, as I picture her shorter and wider than the rest. An idea of the silver wiring up her back, something that can be a ton of fun to design.

Thanks again!

Lackrin wrote:

Very Spoiler question here, will ruin the ending so be warned

Spoiler:

SOOO, our four heroes make it out in the end but is the universe basically all dead now? wasn't everyone turned into Shadows and then sucked in?

Was the ending left off to be followed up on in a squeal? if it was, how long do i have to wait for this?

Great Series, really loved this. looking forward to your next project.

My take:

Spoiler:

The darkness / dark dimension was actually a separate plane of literal evil. So, the Administrator made a literal deal with the devil to try to gain immortality.

The Administrator, using the power and influence of the Tehan Empire, followed plans of the darkness’ corporeal servants to permanently tear the boundaries between planes.

The amber beings provided a spiritual anchor (of unending torment for the non-Drakkari and of unending rage for the Drakkari) which the darkness needed to enter the world. The taps magnified this spirtual distress.

When the taps fully activated, the darkness obliterated / consumed the light / life it encountered. I don’t believe all light was snuffed out but it is possible. Those seeking the power and energy of the darkness are ultimately corrupted into wights (the Terran power armor) as their physicality is slowly consumed.

Our heroes simply sealed the breeches.

Double ultra spoiler conspiracy take:

Spoiler:

Our heroes are the Circus and the Darkness is the same Darkness from the Unmarked.

Reaper81 wrote:

Double ultra spoiler conspiracy take:

Spoiler:

Our heroes are the Circus and the Darkness is the same Darkness from the Unmarked.

Spoiler:

Love this. I started to think the same thing when they mentioned a "Powerful Wizard" on the other side.

raevenote wrote:

Not gonna lie I got a biiiiit confused on the hows/whys of the Project, but not so much that I couldn't enjoy the overall story.

I'm hoping some of this can be cleared up in the post-cast.

Did they already record the post-cast? It would be nice to be able to email them ask questions.

Yep, already recorded, sorry! Scheduling is a challenge so we had to get it done before we forgot a bunch of details. If you ask questions in the thread for that show I'm sure we can try and fill in any gaps

Certis wrote:

Yep, already recorded, sorry! Scheduling is a challenge so we had to get it done before we forgot a bunch of details. If you ask questions in the thread for that show I'm sure we can try and fill in any gaps ;)

ok, well I'll remember that for your next one.

Thanks for this amazing run! It was really fun. I especially loved hearing Daviau on the other side of the table. Worth every penny of my monthly Patreon donation.

Not having the podcast to listen to every week is gonna really leave a hole in my week! I'm looking forward (and hopping) that you guys will be doing a new RPG soon!

happy_cthulhu wrote:

Not having the podcast to listen to every week is gonna really leave a hole in my week! I'm looking forward (and hopping) that you guys will be doing a new RPG soon!

The next series should be launching next week, so you're all good! We'll probably return to an every-other-week schedule, though.