NFL 2017 Week 7 Thread

*Legion* wrote:

I don't think the Niners are going to lose this one by 3 or less. :(

So much for the promise of that new QB. I guess you could say the 49ers got

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Beat hard.

*Legion* wrote:

I don't think the Niners are going to lose this one by 3 or less. :(

They lost by 30, which is a multiple of 30 and states with "3" so it's like the same thing.

Break up the Jags!

I would like to know the last time two LA teams picked a shutout the same day.

And yeah, sky is blue, grass is green, bad are Browns.

How is roughing the passer not applied after the interception?

The order of events is throw roughing/pick. Not penalty pick. One I never really understood.

edit: I'm just going to assume its just extra incentive to not hit QBs the NFLs money machine.

Is it 28-3 yet?

I will forgive the constant Superbowl references for a good old fashioned fog bowl. I only hope it gets like the one in 1988:

IMAGE(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Fog_Bowl_1988.jpg/250px-Fog_Bowl_1988.jpg)

garion333 wrote:
*Legion* wrote:

I don't think the Niners are going to lose this one by 3 or less. :(

They lost by 30, which is a multiple of 30 and states with "3" so it's like the same thing.

So glad I didn't bet this game.On paper, it was very tempting.

tboon wrote:

I will forgive the constant Superbowl references for a good old fashioned fog bowl. I only hope it gets like the one in 1988:

IMAGE(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Fog_Bowl_1988.jpg/250px-Fog_Bowl_1988.jpg)

Is there a setting for this level of fog in Madden, cuz it seems like the only way NBC is getting around this fog is shooting from angles used in Madden.

The Factory of Sadness giveth and it taketh away. Well, it taketh away, again and again.

Joe Thomas' (record setting) consecutive snap streak ended at 10,363. He's likely out for 8 weeks with a tricep tear.

For today's official Cleveland Browns-bashing statistic; here's a link to the Career Approximate Value rankings for the entire history of the team. . I bring this up because iron man Joe Thomas is out for the first time in his career, and, even while playing on a series of horrible teams, he still managed to accumulate the fifth-most Career AV in the once-illustrious history of the Cleveland Browns.

"So," I asked myself, "I wonder where on that ranking I might find the next player on the New Browns after Mr. Thomas?"

The answer?

D'Qwell Jackson. At #40.

I feel like there is an endless series of ways to describe all the various ways Cleveland has been terrible.

The highest-ranked Cleveland QB since 1999 on AV is Tim Couch, tied for 90th in franchise history. He had 32 accumulated Career AV.

Aaron Rodgers accumulated 18 AV last year alone. Tim Couch is the only QB in the new franchise history who ever accumulated more than that in their career in Cleveland. Second to Couch is Derek Anderson, at 15.

I feel like I've fallen into a rabbit hole of pure awfulness and I don't know how to get out.

B, then Y, Y, Y and you should be on stairs.

Maybe that will help.

Derek Anderson accumulated -4 AV in 2009 over a seven-game stretch as the Browns starting QB. Blaine Gabbert started three of the worst games ever in 2013, but still managed one single, lonely AV point. Even rookie Jared Goff, who had an almost indescribably awful year, still only had -2 AV last year.

Abu5217 wrote:

B, then Y, Y, Y and you should be on stairs.

Maybe that will help.

What's a person's AV after doing this?

garion333 wrote:
Abu5217 wrote:

B, then Y, Y, Y and you should be on stairs.

Maybe that will help.

What's a person's AV after doing this?

Depends on whether you're using wood, stone, or metal.

The Jaguars have 33 sacks through 7 games. That pace over 16 games would be 75, which would break the record of 72 held by the 1984 Bears.

The defense is also tied for 1st in interceptions, with 10. Double the number that Blake Bortles has thrown to the other team.

Bortles is on pace for 448 pass attempts in a season. In the two years he has been a 16-game starter, he's thrown over 600 pass attempts both times.

Bortles' completion percentages through the years:

2014: 58.9%
2015: 58.6%
2016: 58.9%
2017: 58.7%

Yeah but next week is an even week.

*Legion* wrote:

The Jaguars have 33 sacks through 7 games. That pace over 16 games would be 75, which would break the record of 72 held by the 1984 Bears.

The defense is also tied for 1st in interceptions, with 10. Double the number that Blake Bortles has thrown to the other team.

Bortles is on pace for 448 pass attempts in a season. In the two years he has been a 16-game starter, he's thrown over 600 pass attempts both times.

Dante Fowler - 5.5 sacks - meh

ALL WORLD Calais Campbell - 10 sacks - YEAH!

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
garion333 wrote:
Abu5217 wrote:

B, then Y, Y, Y and you should be on stairs.

Maybe that will help.

What's a person's AV after doing this?

Depends on whether you're using wood, stone, or metal.

To convert for the master race, that's F3.

*Legion* wrote:

Bortles' completion percentages through the years:

2014: 58.9%
2015: 58.6%
2016: 58.9%
2017: 58.7%

IMAGE(https://media1.tenor.com/images/5d235fbaeb4ce4f82140682d044ab97b/tenor.gif)

garion333 wrote:

Dante Fowler - 5.5 sacks - meh

Meh? That's tied for 12th with Justin Houston. It's one more sack than Khalil Mack!

Stele wrote:

Yeah but next week is an even week.

I guarantee you that they do not lose next week.

*Legion* wrote:
garion333 wrote:

Dante Fowler - 5.5 sacks - meh

Meh? That's tied for 12th with Justin Houston. It's one more sack than Khalil Mack!

Khalil Mack is shouldering an entire defense on his own.

Dante Fowler is def the bottom half of what offenses are concerned about from the Jags D.

Also, you and I know damn well that sacks aren't an end all be all but I balked when I saw Calais Campbell's number.

*Legion* wrote:
Stele wrote:

Yeah but next week is an even week.

I guarantee you that they do not lose next week.

Is it their bye week?

garion333 wrote:

Khalil Mack is shouldering an entire defense on his own.

Dante Fowler is def the bottom half of what offenses are concerned about from the Jags D.

You're not making "Dante Fowler, meh" into the next meme, damn it.

Infyrnos wrote:
*Legion* wrote:
Stele wrote:

Yeah but next week is an even week.

I guarantee you that they do not lose next week.

Is it their bye week?

Shhhh.

Every play gets a flag but the one that turns into an interception.

That's a great start to the night.

I think Doug needs to tell the players to keep hands away from helmets because that seems to be the main cause of these problems.

*Legion* wrote:

The Jaguars have 33 sacks through 7 games. That pace over 16 games would be 75, which would break the record of 72 held by the 1984 Bears.

The defense is also tied for 1st in interceptions, with 10. Double the number that Blake Bortles has thrown to the other team.

Bortles is on pace for 448 pass attempts in a season. In the two years he has been a 16-game starter, he's thrown over 600 pass attempts both times.

Were the Colts even trying? I get the impression that they weren't. Or that they thought this was 6-man small school football.