GWJFFL 2017: Week 6

Early games:
  • Next Game, 8:25 PM ET: Eagles at Panthers

Byes: Bills, Bengals, Cowboys, Seahawks

Pro
Standings
      Overall Division Points For
#1 Corn on the Cobb (Docjoe) * 4-1 2-0 (#1) 564.98
#2 Grigson, Baalke, and Smith (LegionSB) * 4-1 2-0 (#1) 553.88
#3 Grump's Chumps (Grumpicus) * 4-1 2-0 (#1) 541.24
#4 From Wentz You Came (Apollo0507) * 3-2 2-0 (#1) 560.18
#5 Kissing Cousins (ukickmydog) * 3-2 1-1 (#2) 555.84
#6 The Heavies (tboon) * 3-2 0-2 (#2) 524.90
#7 Giants Among Men (Kush15) 3-2 0-2 (#2) 521.48
#8 Beware of the Phog (JayhawkerStL) 2-3 1-1 (#3) 498.38
#9 Karma's Astro Droids (karmajay) 1-4 1-1 (#3) 516.16
#10 Minaseans (mcheshier) 1-4 0-2 (#3) 505.68
#11 I Have No Legs (Bill_Bonney) 1-4 1-1 (#2) 461.48
#12 Garion's Goff Clubs (garion333) 1-4 0-2 (#3) 502.88
Regular Season Awards*
Most total points ($25): Corn on the Cobb (564.98)
#1 Overall ($10): Corn on the Cobb
Division Winner ($15): Corn on the Cobb
Division Winner ($15): Grigson, Baalke, and Smith
Division Winner ($15): Grump's Chumps
Division Winner ($15): From Wentz You Came
Highest single-week team total ($10): Garion's Goff Clubs (156.62 in week 4)
*Award winners are subject to change as the season progresses.
Results - Week 5
94.44 #1 Corn on the Cobb (4-1) vs. #11 Beware of the Phog (2-3) 121.38
74.92 #2 From Wentz You Came (3-2) vs. #6 The Heavies (3-2) 122.52
93.76 #3 Grigson, Baalke, and Smith (4-1) vs. #8 Minaseans (1-4) 78.72
109.76 #4 Grump's Chumps (4-1) vs. #9 Garion's Goff Clubs (1-4) 89.42
140.04 #5 Kissing Cousins (3-2) vs. #12 I Have No Legs (1-4) 86.60
122.70 #7 Giants Among Men (3-2) vs. #10 Karma's Astro Droids (1-4) 112.76
Schedule - Week 6
  #1 Corn on the Cobb (4-1) vs. #3 Grump's Chumps (4-1)
  #2 Grigson, Baalke, and Smith (4-1) vs. #7 Giants Among Men (3-2)
  #4 From Wentz You Came (3-2) vs. #11 I Have No Legs (1-4)
  #5 Kissing Cousins (3-2) vs. #6 The Heavies (3-2)
  #8 Beware of the Phog (2-3) vs. #12 Garion's Goff Clubs (1-4)
  #9 Karma's Astro Droids (1-4) vs. #10 Minaseans (1-4)

 

Division I
Standings
      Overall Division Points For
#1 Tartans (Emmes) * 5-0 2-0 (#1) 607.30
#2 The Patriotarchy (Sr_Malo) * 4-1 2-0 (#1) 579.82
#3 Rainbow Sprinkles (sortimat) * 3-2 1-1 (#1) 555.48
#4 Brown Coats (UpToIsomorphism) * 3-2 2-0 (#1) 533.96
#5 Goffense Wins Championships (Carlbear95) * 3-2 1-1 (#2) 491.40
#6 The 7 and 9ers (Rat_Boy) * 2-3 1-1 (#2) 546.92
#7 Demariyus Targaryen (Neozilla) 2-3 0-2 (#2) 503.78
#8 Mr. T's Gymnastics Team (erichoya) 2-3 0-2 (#3) 501.46
#9 Emerald Islanders (TorqGWJ) 2-3 2-0 (#2) 490.98
#10 Captain Obvious (JeffreyLSmith) 2-3 0-2 (#3) 487.52
#11 TBA (iaintgotnopants) 1-4 0-2 (#3) 561.98
#12 Stele's 49ers (Stele) 1-4 1-1 (#3) 424.78
Results - Week 5
105.74 #1 Tartans (5-0) vs. #7 Emerald Islanders (2-3) 80.94
101.04 #2 Rainbow Sprinkles (3-2) vs. #11 Captain Obvious (2-3) 107.06
136.86 #3 The Patriotarchy (4-1) vs. #9 TBA (1-4) 112.00
92.72 #4 The 7 and 9ers (2-3) vs. #10 Mr. T's Gymnastics Team (2-3) 103.68
105.66 #5 Brown Coats (3-2) vs. #6 Demariyus Targaryen (2-3) 77.82
102.52 #8 Goffense Wins Championships (3-2) vs. #12 Stele's 49ers (1-4) 83.70
Schedule - Week 6
  #1 Tartans (5-0) vs. #7 Demariyus Targaryen (2-3)
  #2 The Patriotarchy (4-1) vs. #10 Captain Obvious (2-3)
  #3 Rainbow Sprinkles (3-2) vs. #11 TBA (1-4)
  #4 Brown Coats (3-2) vs. #9 Emerald Islanders (2-3)
  #5 Goffense Wins Championships (3-2) vs. #8 Mr. T's Gymnastics Team (2-3)
  #6 The 7 and 9ers (2-3) vs. #12 Stele's 49ers (1-4)

 

Dynasty
Standings
      Overall Division Points For
#1 Brown Coats (UpToIsomorphism) * 4-1 2-0 (#1) 606.18
#2 The Moldavian Massacre (iaintgotnopants) * 4-1 2-0 (#1) 542.40
#3 Los Gringos (Bill_Bonney) * 4-1 2-0 (#1) 501.48
#4 Straight Outta Coughlin (Docjoe) * 3-2 1-1 (#1) 562.22
#5 Some Stuff and a Few Things (ukickmydog) * 3-2 1-1 (#2) 561.52
#6 House Legion (LegionSB) * 3-2 1-1 (#2) 476.92
#7 Disney Magic (staceybug) 2-3 0-2 (#3) 521.54
#8 Suicide Squad (Kush15) 2-3 1-1 (#2) 517.00
#9 Garion's G-String (garion333) 2-3 2-0 (#2) 479.42
#10 Grenades (Chabuda) 1-4 0-2 (#3) 529.04
#11 Puffy Tacos (erichoya) 1-4 0-2 (#3) 455.86
#12 Tartans (Emmes) 1-4 0-2 (#3) 435.18
Results - Week 5
69.50 #1 The Moldavian Massacre (4-1) vs. #12 Puffy Tacos (1-4) 103.04
109.24 #2 Brown Coats (4-1) vs. #7 Disney Magic (2-3) 104.56
104.42 #3 Los Gringos (4-1) vs. #10 Tartans (1-4) 70.36
104.24 #4 House Legion (3-2) vs. #5 Some Stuff and a Few Things (3-2) 112.36
132.60 #6 Straight Outta Coughlin (3-2) vs. #8 Suicide Squad (2-3) 101.32
78.00 #9 Garion's G-String (2-3) vs. #11 Grenades (1-4) 130.46
Schedule - Week 6
  #1 Brown Coats (4-1) vs. #4 Straight Outta Coughlin (3-2)
  #2 The Moldavian Massacre (4-1) vs. #6 House Legion (3-2)
  #3 Los Gringos (4-1) vs. #10 Grenades (1-4)
  #5 Some Stuff and a Few Things (3-2) vs. #11 Puffy Tacos (1-4)
  #7 Disney Magic (2-3) vs. #8 Suicide Squad (2-3)
  #9 Garion's G-String (2-3) vs. #12 Tartans (1-4)

 

Legend:

* - Would make playoffs if season ended now
y - Clinched division
z - Clinched round 1 bye
x - Clinched wildcard
y - Eliminated from division contention
z - Eliminated from round 1 bye contention
o - Eliminated from wildcard contention

Woo, squeezed out one of those sub-100 point wins in Pro.

That trade in Dynasty. Are we allowed to trade picks for next season? Old rule, I thought, was we only traded picks from this year, which we can't do atm since we're past the draft.

garion333 wrote:

That trade in Dynasty. Are we allowed to trade picks for next season? Old rule, I thought, was we only traded picks from this year, which we can't do atm since we're past the draft.

Correct. To date, the rule has been that future picks could only be traded once the full complement of owners were locked in for that season.

I may need to invalidate this trade. However, I will open up the floor for discussion. The concern has always been about someone selling off future picks and then ditching the team, leaving the next guy to take over a team that's missing draft picks. Taking over vacated dynasty teams is difficult enough.

In this case, the player giving away the draft pick is ukick, which means I'm less concerned about the possibility of him vanishing before next season.

I like the idea of encouraging trading, and ukick is always looking to wheel and deal, so I don't want to just slam the door if I can avoid it. But if we're going to relax the pick trading rules, I'd like some consensus on what the new requirement should be.

If we're gonna change the rule we should do it in the offseason. It's unfair to current owners who maybe tried once or twice to trade for Joe Mixon to not be able to use future picks in their offers but then let ukick snag him.

Seriously, rule changes should happen in offseason.

*Legion* wrote:
garion333 wrote:

That trade in Dynasty. Are we allowed to trade picks for next season? Old rule, I thought, was we only traded picks from this year, which we can't do atm since we're past the draft.

Correct. To date, the rule has been that future picks could only be traded once the full complement of owners were locked in for that season.

I may need to invalidate this trade. However, I will open up the floor for discussion. The concern has always been about someone selling off future picks and then ditching the team, leaving the next guy to take over a team that's missing draft picks. Taking over vacated dynasty teams is difficult enough.

In this case, the player giving away the draft pick is ukick, which means I'm less concerned about the possibility of him vanishing before next season.

I like the idea of encouraging trading, and ukick is always looking to wheel and deal, so I don't want to just slam the door if I can avoid it. But if we're going to relax the pick trading rules, I'd like some consensus on what the new requirement should be.

Ya, I won't be ditching the team. I've been doing all these trades to remake it in my image since it was one I took over this year :). I can see the reasoning behind the rule (which I didn't know about), but it seems to me to make sense to relax it to allow people to build their teams. There are a few teams that are essentially punting this year and building for future years since teams they took over aren't so good. Trading for picks helps facilitate that.

Perhaps a limitation on the number of picks that can traded by one team or a "value" assigned to picks that can be traded (kind of like the point values used in NFL draft pick trades). For example, you're only allowed to trade 5 points worth of picks; 1st rounders are worth 10 points, 2nd rounders worth 5 points, 3rd rounders worth 3 points, 4th and 5th rounders worth 2 points, 6th+ worth 1 point. I completely made up the values, but you get the idea.

garion333 wrote:

If we're gonna change the rule we should do it in the offseason. It's unfair to current owners who maybe tried once or twice to trade for Joe Mixon to not be able to use future picks in their offers but then let ukick snag him.

Seriously, rule changes should happen in offseason.

Really, this. I don't mind rule changes, but you can't let someone break a rule, even unintentionally, and then decide to make it a new rule. And this goes doubly if the reasoning is that you might have overruled the trade had the participants been different.

So where are these dynasty rules posted? Any others I should know about? The rules doc in the signup thread just says no trading of draft picks at all, which seems to just be referencing redraft, and would obviously not be applicable to dynasty anyways as we were allowed to trade picks before the draft.

I'm honestly not ssure what's the most up to date, but the rule on being allowed to trade picks was *new* this year, so...

The rules doc I had intended to update, but the lead-up to the start of this fantasy season was mostly scrambling to try and keep Dynasty alive at all.

ukick, I'm going to go ahead and invalidate the trade, but if you can work out another deal, I will fast track its approval.

I hate weeks like this where all of my players are front loaded and building up points, while my opponent has a ton of Sunday night and Monday night players thatI have to watch and hope tank.

The Saints put up 52 but Brees only gets 13.5 points? f*ck this season, man.

iaintgotnopants wrote:

The Saints put up 52 but Brees only gets 13.5 points? f*ck this season, man.

Mark Ingram though

IMAGE(http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/168/687/faf.jpg)

Legion, if you still want to undue that Rogers-Gurley trade, I’d be willing.

UpToIsomorphism wrote:

Legion, if you still want to undue that Rogers-Gurley trade, I’d be willing.

I'll trade you a barely used Alex Collins for him.

Jesus, Jameis Winston gave me no chance in Pro.

Tough break, Legion and Stele. Tough break.

tboon wrote:
iaintgotnopants wrote:

The Saints put up 52 but Brees only gets 13.5 points? f*ck this season, man.

Mark Ingram though

IMAGE(http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/168/687/faf.jpg)

Probably his best game of the year.

Sorry, didn't know about the draft pick rule either!

Dropped To Make Room For Trade
Joe Flacco QB BAL (rank: 30-116)

Poor Flacco.

I was loving my team so much. Then Rodgers breaks his collarbone on the concrete floor of the new Metrodump. That kills both my fantasy team and my favorite football team. In a year when they had a real shot of playing in the Superb Owl in Minneapolis.

Ugh. Just ugh.

That time I beat ukick in a fantasy football game:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/QONVIyz.gif)

I guess gronk will forever be a started unless he is on ir. I forget that this is the peril of having him on your fantasy team.

*Legion* wrote:

Jesus, Jameis Winston gave me no chance in Pro.

Rat Boy wrote:

Tough break, Legion and Stele. Tough break.

Yeah damn. And Marriotta was still questionable Sunday so 8 left him benched. Too big a risk to wait for Mon night and maybe not have a QB.

At least that one change wouldn't have been enough for me to win so I don't feel as bad about making the wrong choice.

That bs 75yd Derrick Henry TD at the end of the game cost me in 2 leagues...

Man, Garion, I got the miracle kicking performance I needed to have a shot last night. I just needed Bad Demarco Murray to show up, and instead Good Demarco did.

I would've done better with Derrick Henry in the starting lineup, which will probably be the case moving forward. Probably slot em both in, actually.