Game trailers Catch All

Made by Avalanche. Their games have been kind of hit or miss but mostly enjoyable. Mad Max was awesome as was Just Cause 2. JC3 was at least fun. Rage 2 had its moments as well despite overall not being anything more than a post apocalyptic Far Cry.

Quoting myself from the PS5 thread:

ClockworkHouse wrote:

Different Avalanche. Avalanche Studios is the Swedish studio responsible for Just Cause, Rage 2, Generation Zero, and so forth. Avalanche Software is the American studio responsible for a whole pile of Disney movie games, Disney Infinity, and Hogwarts Legacy.

I haven't played any of the newer Assassin's Creed games (4 was the last one I played), but the new one is looking pretty good:

I'm still waiting and seeing. I'm very leery after creative director Ashraf Ismail's vile past. I'm having a hard time appreciating the product despite the creator. I know, an AC game takes a team of hundreds, but it is the top people who typically reap the rewards. Ismail won't, but the higher ups at the studio who let him get away with his abuse will.

He really came into the spotlight after Origins, though he was also creative director on Black Flag, and he abused that spotlight in the worst way.

BadKen wrote:

I'm still waiting and seeing. I'm very leery after creative director Ashraf Ismail's vile past. I'm having a hard time appreciating the product despite the creator. I know, an AC game takes a team of hundreds, but it is the top people who typically reap the rewards. Ismail won't, but the higher ups at the studio who let him get away with his abuse will.

He really came into the spotlight after Origins, though he was also creative director on Black Flag, and he abused that spotlight in the worst way.

Taking the bait. Derailing.

I often feel the need to push back a bit on this idea. Aside from all the cliches, I've never seen any correlation between creative output and positive moral worth. For the artists I've observed in my life, the opposite tends to hold true. Good, interesting art tends to come from difficult, troubled, damaged people who often make bad choices in dealing with other human beings.

We all have our own lines in the sand and Ubisoft should have held Ismail to account better. (Assuming the accounts are true. I don't have any confidence that the recent personnel changes in Ubisoft amount to anything other than one group of corporate political predators taking out another group of predators.) But, to the greatest extent I can, I try to separate my feelings about an artist's personal, political, moral, and criminal behavior from my feelings about the artist's work.

Anyway, that aside, the new trailer is pretty good and I'm more interested in this installment of the franchise than I was before.

polq37 wrote:

to the greatest extent I can, I try to separate my feelings about an artist's personal, political, moral, and criminal behavior from my feelings about the artist's work.

I am absolutely this way with most art. There are some cases, though, where I just can't, and this is one of those cases. There's no rhyme or reason to it, and I can't use reasoning to convince myself to change my mind. It's a purely emotional response.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just sharing my feelings.

This trailer was weird enough I had to look up what this game was about.

Devil May Cry 5 SE: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - The First Next-Gen Performance Face-Off

pandasuit wrote:

This trailer was weird enough I had to look up what this game was about.

Doin drugs?

These comparisons just make me more frustrated that ACV and other games don't run at 60 FPS with raytracing on Stadia.

Let's Play Demon's Souls PS5 Gameplay

IO Interactive working on a James Bond game.

Ooooooooh! It's been a while since we had a James Bond game. I am so down.

Given it's the Hitman devs, I hope we get a nice mix of sneaky spy stuff and actiony driving and combat.

Agreed this dev seems well suited for the task.

Now after all the Avengers memes, I can't help but wonder, will they license Daniel Craig's likeness? Or will Bond in the game look like a stunt double?

The World Ends With You sequel on the way.

TWEWY sequel, yes!

For Switch and PS4

I've been hungry for a TWEWY sequel for years. I'm afraid it might turn out like Chrono Cross though, so I'm excited and apprehensive.

I'm going to post this here since it's related, even if it isn't a trailer for a video game.

I keep trying to pronounce TWEWY in my head and it's cracking me up.

Stele wrote:

TWEWY sequel, yes!

For Switch and PS4

Not PS5?

Given Nomura's track record for game productions, they should have targeted the PS6.

UpToIsomorphism wrote:
Stele wrote:

TWEWY sequel, yes!

For Switch and PS4

Not PS5?

All (mostly) PS4 games play on PS5.

ClockworkHouse wrote:

Given Nomura's track record for game productions, they should have targeted the PS6.

Well they did tease the sequel was in production eight years ago when the PS4 was the upcoming new console...

Nice to have a trailer that actually explains the game this time.

Spoiler:

They make it sound like a Souls-like.

Swery created The Good Life releasing in 2021. Don't know how much involvement Swery has had since they're not leaning on his name as much as when the project was first announced.

Agathos wrote:

The World Ends With You sequel on the way.

Over a week later and I'm still bummed they aren't calling it THE WORLD ENDS WITH TWO.

Best part of the VGAs tonight.