Nintendo Switch Catch-All 2.0

Nintendo bought some land to build a new R&D building to expand capabilities, but not planned to be ready until 2028. Seems like maybe they could have been working on that already since they've had troubles getting out games even through the Wii U lifetime. Hopefully they'll be building up staff to fill the building at opening, or soon after.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Nintendo bought some land to build a new R&D building to expand capabilities, but not planned to be ready until 2028. Seems like maybe they could have been working on that already since they've had troubles getting out games even through the Wii U lifetime. Hopefully they'll be building up staff to fill the building at opening, or soon after.

IMAGE(https://cdn.gamer-network.net/2022/articles/2022-04-12-08-44/ninhq2.jpg)

That's the blandest, most boring office building I've ever seen. It's like the Nintendo Wii of office buildings.

They took the top of the Xbox Series X and made it their building walls.

merphle wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

Nintendo bought some land to build a new R&D building to expand capabilities, but not planned to be ready until 2028. Seems like maybe they could have been working on that already since they've had troubles getting out games even through the Wii U lifetime. Hopefully they'll be building up staff to fill the building at opening, or soon after.

IMAGE(https://cdn.gamer-network.net/2022/articles/2022-04-12-08-44/ninhq2.jpg)

That's the blandest, most boring office building I've ever seen. It's like the Nintendo Wii of office buildings.

That's because it matches the existing buildings around it. Boring and easy to sell to anyone on the outside, all the fun and creativity on the inside. Here's the the google maps location. Street view confirms both buildings are pretty much exactly like that rendering.

New My Nintendo reward. You can get a Kirby shopping bag for 600 Platinum points... and $6.99 shipping. Bah!

For those not paying attention to individual threads and news, we got 2 upcoming big Nintendo release dates announced this week. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 got a surprise early release date of July 29th instead of the 'September' we were given previously. Splatoon 3 got a release date of September 9th, which I was thinking was going to be June or July. Links are to the respective GWJ threads.

.

I honestly think they switched places due to Splatoon needing some more finishing touches, and once BotW 2 was delayed to next year, Xenoblade got some extra staff to wrap it up. Certainly a lot of dates shifting from expectations.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, why in the world did they not just do a Direct for all of this? All of these announcements and a few others would have been great material for a Direct of some sort.

Also, maybe I'm talking to myself, having posted the last 3 posts here...

Need em both. But not sure if day 1...

Saw some speculation about this and liked their thoughts

Digital Foundry Reiterates That, No, Breath Of The Wild 2 Is "Not Too Big For Switch"

Yearly financials dropped earlier today. Here's the PDF.
Metroid: Dread is the best selling Metroid title, Mario Kart 8 sold 9.95 M units, and Kirby and the Forgotten Land sold 2.1 M in it's first 2 weeks, outpacing Star Allies. Hardware sales didn't meet lowered projections due to limited semiconductor supply, but software exceeded raised expectations.

Also, an Indie World Showcase tomorrow at 10:00AM Eastern.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg3m...

Just had to google "star allies". I'm wondering whether Lego Palpatine Saga was included in that timeline, as it seems to be selling where on all platforms so I imagine also on Switch where I got it.

Nobody's talking about this?

There's actually a few interesting looking titles. Every trailer below was also accompanied by dev comments and some gameplay.

ElecHead looks like a really intuitive and satisfying platform puzzler with some nice retro chiptunes. I just wish the aesthetic was a bit nicer.

Gunbrella surprised me in that initially when I saw it I thought it'd be a pass, but as the trailer went on it looked better.

Another Crab's Treasure looks like a nice change of pace and environment to the soulslike formula. Not so sure they will nail the mechanics, though.

And there was plenty more I think others would find really interesting, like Ooblets, some card games, narrative based games, and even a management sim.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Nobody's talking about this?

There's actually a few interesting looking titles. Every trailer below was also accompanied by dev comments and some gameplay.

I didn't see anything that I really cared about but I happy you see some interesting stuff.

I always enjoy watching to see what surprise games release today.

But I swear they are usually at lunch or end of day. This was too early for me

That Crab-souls game looks interesting, and so does Opus, but for some reason this one direct felt a little meh in general.

I thought Gunbrella was the standout, and I'm sure a lot of people will be excited for Ooblets?