July 10 – July 16

Section: 

IMAGE(https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/files/pictures/pictures/picture-5877.jpg)   Greg “DoubtingThomas396” Decker

There are a lot of games to choose from this week, but I’m going to go with the one I’ve been looking forward to ever since I saw it at PAX East earlier this year.

Serial Cleaner puts you in the role of a professional cleaner, but not the sort you’d find in an Amy Jones movie. More the sort you’d find in a Quentin Tarantino movie. There are crimes being committed, and it’s your job to destroy the evidence – with a vacuum cleaner and a 1979 Buick Estate.

But it’s not all seltzer water and lemon. You have to clean up while the police are still investigating the crime scene. So yeah, it’s Viscera Cleanup Detail meets Hitman, with a funky, mod art style that fires on all the right cylinders for me.

Also: Mmm, mmm, mmm! Dat soundtrack!

So get groovin’, cats, because those bodies ain’t hidin’ themselves. Serial Cleaner gets my nod for Game of the Week.

IMAGE(https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/files/pictures/picture-111373-1483294321.jpg)   Chris "C" Cesarano

I feel the need to highlight Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator. It came to my attention when I saw someone retweet some character art of a muscular but affable looking father with dreadlocks, one of his notable Likes being to attend Daddy/Daughter concerts. A younger me would have quirked an eyebrow, but my experience during and following college has taught me that DILFs are a thing and the majority of my female friends and acquaintances are the target audience for such a title.

I not only expect, but demand a Spoiler Podcast, preferably featuring Amoebic, either Lara Crigger or forumite and recent streamer Eleima, and either Rabbit or Sean Sands.

As for myself, I missed out on Final Fantasy XII when it first launched on PlayStation 2. I'd ditched Sony in favor of the Xbox and GameCube in my college days, and even if I had the system, I was pretty certain Square Enix was an insult and travesty to all I had loved them for.

Now that I'm less of an idiot, I'm eager to give Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age a whirl. I like a lot of its aesthetic, and knowing that the writer behind Final Fantasy Tactics, Yasumi Matsuno, is behind the narrative of XII has me eager to see what I might have missed out on. The Zodiac Age gets my pick of the week.

IMAGE(https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/files/pictures/pictures/picture-13445.jpg)   Felix “Surveillance State” Threepaper

I don’t normally praise a game for being topical, but Black the Fall is tackling some politically relevant issues. It’s an adventure game where you play as a machinist plotting to escape a dystopian communist regime. Gameplay involves stealth, puzzles and some tool that lets you manipulate machines and other humans. The aesthetic is very communist noir.

The protagonist feels trapped in a society that doesn’t tell him the truth and that he doesn’t believe in. Hallmarks of this society are distrust, dehumanising work conditions and uniformity. Could only happen under communism. For provoking this much thought outside my weekly dockside meetings, it gets my GOTW nod.

This week:

PC

  • A Goo Adventure
  • A Quick Death
  • AccuRC 2
  • Against the Gradient
  • Airi's World
  • All You Can Eat
  • Antihero
  • Ariel
  • Ballistic Attack
  • bead
  • Behind These Eyes Actual release date: 7/25
  • Black the Fall
  • Boom-Bahh
  • Break The Cookie
  • Canvas Quest
  • Catacombs 1: Demon War
  • Chinese Souls-Hua Garden
  • Clumsy Fred
  • Dawn of the killer zombies
  • Dead of Night
  • Dead Purge: Outbreak
  • Dracula's Library
  • Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator
  • Enshrouded World Pushed to 7/21
  • Exocomets
  • Fantasy Mosaics 16: Six Colors in Wonderland
  • Farmington Tales
  • Fire Pro Wrestling World
  • Flight Unlimited 2K18
  • Flipper Hazard
  • Fly Simulator
  • Geneticognito
  • Girls and Quiz
  • Golem Creation Kit
  • Hand Simulator
  • Hard Man
  • Hell Quest
  • In the Raven Shadow
  • Iron Crypticle
  • JETBROS
  • Just One Line
  • Kalzor: 2000
  • Kimulator 2: Brother Of Time
  • Labyrinth Escape
  • Laseronium: The Line
  • LSDriver 2
  • Lupus in Fabula
  • Mad-Sector
  • Masked Forces: Zombie Survival
  • Metal as Phuk
  • MIND BLOX
  • Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two: The Telltale Series
  • Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two - Episode 1: Hero in Residence
  • My Personal Angel
  • Neurowake Vive only
  • Ninja Gainyk
  • Numberline 2
  • OHOTA KREPKOE
  • Panda Love
  • Rock 'N Roll (2017)
  • Rusted Warfare
  • RXE
  • Serial Cleaner
  • Shn!p
  • Solitaire - Cat Pirate Portrait
  • Sorcerer's Dream
  • Space of Darkness
  • Sphere Frustration
  • Spirit of the Ancient Forest
  • Steampunk Action Battle Simulator
  • Super Rocket Shootout
  • Survival Tycoon
  • The End Is Nigh
  • ThinkAhead
  • tho_maz
  • tick-hunter
  • Tower of Time
  • Travel Riddles: Trip To France
  • Travel Riddles: Trip To Italy
  • TronLight Cycle Hockey (Changed because, well, you know)
  • Trophy Fishing 2 Pushed to 7/17
  • VAULT OF HONOR Pushed to 7/17
  • Visitors: Marine Invasion
  • Whip the Vote
  • Wild Guns Reloaded
  • Wizards: Home Pushed to 8/10, possibly
  • Wizhood

PS4

  • Black The Fall
  • Defenders of Ekron
  • Fantastic Contraption (VR)
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Hunting Simulator
  • Iron Crypticle
  • Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two: The Telltale Series
  • Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two - Episode 1: Hero in Residence
  • Rogue Stormers
  • Serial Cleaner

Xbox One

  • Black The Fall
  • Fable Fortune
  • Hunting Simulator
  • Iron Crypticle
  • Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two: The Telltale Series
  • Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two - Episode 1: Hero in Residence
  • Rogue Stormers
  • Serial Cleaner

Switch

  • Death Squared

Wii U

  • BOX UP

3DS

  • Asdivine Cross
  • Cursed Castilla EX

Vita

  • Energy Cycle

RIFT

  • Late for Work
  • Tunnel Runner VR
  • Viral EX

Vive

  • Bullet VR
  • GORN
  • SoundLites
  • Survivor VR
  • Tunnel Runner VR
  • Viral EX
  • NeurowakeProbably not coming out this week.

Comments

Greg “DoubtingThomas396” Decker wrote:

So get groovin’, cats, because those bodies ain’t hidin’ themselves. Serial Cleaner gets my nod for Game of the Week.

Yup. Serial Cleaner has been on my Wishlist for a bit as well.

Looks like a fun cat & mouse experience with a fantastic sense of style.

I noticed that it's only $9.99 (-33%) over at Humble Store. Hmmmm...

So something I was unaware of about Dream Daddy: the player character is evidently also a Dad.

Doesn't really change anything about my friends that are interested but I dunno if that would impact who in the community would be interested or not. My bad for making an assumption that the player character is female!

ccesarano wrote:

So something I was unaware of about Dream Daddy: the player character is evidently also a Dad.

Doesn't really change anything about my friends that are interested but I dunno if that would impact who in the community would be interested or not. My bad for making an assumption that the player character is female!

So to clarify: The player-character is a dad looking to date another dad?

According to Wikipedia, yes.

wordsmythe wrote:
ccesarano wrote:

So something I was unaware of about Dream Daddy: the player character is evidently also a Dad.

Doesn't really change anything about my friends that are interested but I dunno if that would impact who in the community would be interested or not. My bad for making an assumption that the player character is female!

So to clarify: The player-character is a dad looking to date another dad?

This is the product description on the Steam page:

Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is a game where you play as a Dad and your goal is to meet and romance other hot Dads. Are you ready? Hi ready, I'm Dad.

Serial Cleaner looks to be up my alley.

JohnKillo wrote:

Serial Cleaner looks to be up my alley.

It's on sale for $8 on Humblebundle, and it comes with some other game that people seem to like.

I'm seeing $12.

IMAGE(https://image.ibb.co/jmWsEa/1.jpg)

Do you have a membership to Humble Monthly?

JohnKillo wrote:

Do you have a membership to Humble Monthly?

1. Neither of the previous posts (Aaron and Thomas) mentions the price they stated being dependent on a subscription.
2. Taking 10% off $11.99 is $10.79, which is almost $3 more than the stated $8.

MeatMan wrote:

I'm seeing $12.

IMAGE(https://image.ibb.co/jmWsEa/1.jpg)

Huh.

I paid $8 last night. No subscription required.

EDIT:

I think I know what happened. The early-access price was $10, with a 20% discount. The game released today, with the attendant price hike to $15, but it still has the 20% discount on Humble.

I'm glad I jumped on it when I did!

doubtingthomas396 wrote:

I think I know what happened. The early-access price was $10, with a 20% discount. The game released today, with the attendant price hike to $15, but it still has the 20% discount on Humble.

After checking IsThereAnyDeal.com, I see that it wasn't an early-access price, but simply an 18-hour period in which, for whatever reason, Humble was selling it for $8. Prior to that 18-hour period, they were selling it for $10.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
wordsmythe wrote:
ccesarano wrote:

So something I was unaware of about Dream Daddy: the player character is evidently also a Dad.

Doesn't really change anything about my friends that are interested but I dunno if that would impact who in the community would be interested or not. My bad for making an assumption that the player character is female!

So to clarify: The player-character is a dad looking to date another dad?

This is the product description on the Steam page:

Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is a game where you play as a Dad and your goal is to meet and romance other hot Dads. Are you ready? Hi ready, I'm Dad.

It's ... beautiful.