Monster Hunter World Catch-All

Suvanto wrote:

Yeah I saw it, still worrisome. I'd want the game to stay focused on skill and not power or feature gain via leveling. If nothing else it clutters the UI.

I believe it's been confirmed that the tracking flies will be fully optional. You should be able to turn them off without issue. I'm hopeful a lot of the new UI features will be like that.

The more I read about this the more I feel that I don't really want a Monster Hunter MMO, I just want another Monster Hunter.

Suvanto wrote:

Yeah I saw it, still worrisome. I'd want the game to stay focused on skill and not power or feature gain via leveling. If nothing else it clutters the UI.

It's just the level of the tracker. Not character level.

Skiptron wrote:

The more I read about this the more I feel that I don't really want a Monster Hunter MMO, I just want another Monster Hunter.

There is a Monster Hunter MMO. It's just Monster Hunter with a lot more gear.

I'm just worried that being open-world and always online just doesn't really add anything to MH. I'm worried it'll end up with 100s of people camping the rare Queen Blumperkin spot for hours and mobbing it down as soon as it spawns.

I'm a sucker though, so I know I'll be buying it.

I'm not really aware of it being open world, or always-online. Am I out of the loop? I thought the new gameplay, even if mostly following the same script we've seen before, looked great. Hunter had some big whiffs, but got some nice hits too.

I'm curious about the scout flies. They look to replace paintballs and you get them to lock onto certain monsters by investigating particular traces/clues of their presence. Once you engage, you can find your way back quickly. If you can turn them off, that might be interesting. I might do that if monsters still have areas they frequent and rest in that are learnable.

Skiptron wrote:

I'm just worried that being open-world and always online just doesn't really add anything to MH. I'm worried it'll end up with 100s of people camping the rare Queen Blumperkin spot for hours and mobbing it down as soon as it spawns.

I'm a sucker though, so I know I'll be buying it.

I don't think that's how it works. MH: Worlds will be no more open-world than it was before. The only difference is that there is one giant map instead of a smaller map with rooms separated by loading screens. These should still be instanced zones with a maximum of 4 players per hunt. Where are you getting the MMO info from?

The date, I need, of release! Soon must this game have I.

Dyni wrote:
Skiptron wrote:

I'm just worried that being open-world and always online just doesn't really add anything to MH. I'm worried it'll end up with 100s of people camping the rare Queen Blumperkin spot for hours and mobbing it down as soon as it spawns.

I'm a sucker though, so I know I'll be buying it.

I don't think that's how it works. MH: Worlds will be no more open-world than it was before. The only difference is that there is one giant map instead of a smaller map with rooms separated by loading screens. These should still be instanced zones with a maximum of 4 players per hunt. Where are you getting the MMO info from?

Correct. It's not a MMO, it's not always online. This has been repeatedly said in previous videos. There is the ability to go Multiplayer on the fly with the Flares, but that's basically it.

The main area is no longer segmented with hard breaks into loading screens. Because the map isn't hard segmented anymore, Capcom toned down the animations when drinking potions since a good strategy is to move zones to eat/sharpen an so on. Same thing with gathering as I recall.

Scout flies are completely optional, as has been shown elsewhere (and might be useless in higher grade hunts).

Curious about more info on the scout fly stuff, any links?

I'm excited. I hope the release isn't too deep into next year.

I am obviously way off base here. Sorry friends. I have clearly misunderstood the things that I've read. Thank you all for putting me back on the straight and narrow. Clearly I need to sharpen my research and get up to date.

Skiptron wrote:

Clearly I need to sharpen my research and get up to date.

find the Handicraft in real life.

I'm not sure I'll ever adjust to their skill naming system.

I really really hope all that hand holding and tutorial message crap is only in that one mission. I detest games that constantly pop those types of messages up.

I assume the early stages of MHW will be like any other Monster Hunter game I've played. I think there will be an intrusive popup message every single time you do something in the early game that will drive you crazy.

I don't remember how bad it was in MH3U anymore but I remember the tutorial missions of the first MH through probably the 2nd or 3rd PSP release were very frustrating.

I will be blown away if the game throws you into fighting mid sized monsters right away rather than making you do an hour telling you how to gather items.

Despite what may or may not happen at the very beginning of the game I am very excited to see how the modified mechanics affect the game.

If it's only an hour I'll be happy. MH Tri was like 4 hours before Great Jaggi...

Maybe they'll see the light and add a "skip the tutorial" sort of option.

It seemed as though a lot of the information presented in the videos recently the tutorial type notifications that were in the old games were just voiced by the quest giver. If you can turn her notifications off or mute them it might be fantastic.

Skiptron wrote:

Maybe they'll see the light and add a "skip the tutorial" sort of option.

I wish they would but they will not.

gamerparent wrote:
Ted wrote:

The thing I'm most curious about is the Slinger. I wonder what will prevent/discourage us from just slinging around all over the place, if anything?

The quest timer?
Your teammates? :p

Upon closer inspection, grapple points appear to be limited to "hook bugs".

Ted wrote:
gamerparent wrote:
Ted wrote:

The thing I'm most curious about is the Slinger. I wonder what will prevent/discourage us from just slinging around all over the place, if anything?

The quest timer?
Your teammates? :p

Upon closer inspection, grapple points appear to be limited to "hook bugs".

And your teammates are the best reason to use the slinger constantly.

This is the English version.

There are other videos from GH and others on youtube as well.

EDIT: GaijinHunter's Deconstruction:

Ooooooooh yeah! I know what I'll be watching when I get home.

Dyni wrote:

Ooooooooh yeah! I know what I'll be watching when I get home.

IG is straight up crazy.

I like the reduced particle effects so much. I hope it's an option but if it's not, I hope it stays the way it is in the trailer.

HH looks good. Hammer looks brutal

Yeah.....yeah....so good.

athros wrote:

I like the reduced particle effects so much. I hope it's an option but if it's not, I hope it stays the way it is in the trailer.

I love the overall visual upgrade, but I don't know if I'm a fan of the reduced particle effects, tbh. It's a bit too far in the realistic direction for my taste. I just don't want the game to lose it's silliness and charm. That change alone wouldn't do it, but a bunch of small changes like that could.

Wow, that new move they gave to IG is completely nuts. That weapon is going to be everywhere, as if it wasn't already.

Hammer looks awesome. The two new moves shown for Switch Axe also looked amazing.

My precious Hunting Horn looks great as always. It looks like you can move a little bit when playing songs. That will be great for avoiding getting clipped by the edge of a charging monster. Also, it looks like your horn briefly glows the color of the note you choose before attacking. That's nice.

Bow also looks completely ridiculous. It looks so much more active than it ever has before. In fact, I bet ranged weapons in this game are going to be much more widely used than in previous Monster Hunters. Between true dual stick shooter controls and numerous QoL improvements for all three weapons, it looks like they will be far more fluid and responsive than they ever were previously. That could be a big deal in getting new western players on board.

Overall, looking really good.

Dyni wrote:

I love the overall visual upgrade, but I don't know if I'm a fan of the reduced particle effects, tbh. It's a bit too far in the realistic direction for my taste. I just don't want the game to lose it's silliness and charm. That change alone wouldn't do it, but a bunch of small changes like that could.

That's why I hope it's an option. Just because I don't really go for those particles, doesn't mean others aren't

Dyni wrote:

My precious Hunting Horn looks great as always. It looks like you can move a little bit when playing songs. That will be great for avoiding getting clipped by the edge of a charging monster. Also, it looks like your horn briefly glows the color of the note you choose before attacking. That's nice.

As a HH main, all of that looked amazing. I'm so frickin happy it made such a great transition. Same with th Charge Blade. All of this looked great too.

Dyni wrote:

Bow also looks completely ridiculous. It looks so much more active than it ever has before. In fact, I bet ranged weapons in this game are going to be much more widely used than in previous Monster Hunters. Between true dual stick shooter controls and numerous QoL improvements for all three weapons, it looks like they will be far more fluid and responsive than they ever were previously. That could be a big deal in getting new western players on board.

I really want to try these versions of the ranged weapons. They all look great.

athros wrote:
Dyni wrote:

I love the overall visual upgrade, but I don't know if I'm a fan of the reduced particle effects, tbh. It's a bit too far in the realistic direction for my taste. I just don't want the game to lose it's silliness and charm. That change alone wouldn't do it, but a bunch of small changes like that could.

That's why I hope it's an option. Just because I don't really go for those particles, doesn't mean others aren't :)

Absolutely. More options are always better.

I know that it has been confirmed that the monsters will bleed when hit which is clearly not in yet. Maybe this is what the game will looks like when blood is turned off.

Whatever effect they have in there now looks a bit silly because it looks like the hunter is chipping off bits of concrete every time he connects. Plot twist: there were never any monsters at all... just clay figurines brought to life by a tyrannical god!

To be honest every weapon looks like it could be a blast to play. I never liked the idea of having a live insect as part of a weapon but the actual weapon bit looks like a lot of fun.

I know just about everyone has said what weapon they are most looking forward to already but the new video has me wanting to expand my traditional armory.

Also those armor sets in the brief pre-preview looked great.

Starts out Dual Blades, then jumps to the Insect Glaive at ~11 minutes

EDIT 2: Switch Axe and Armor change at 20 Minutes

EDIT 3: LBG and Armor change at 24 Minutes

Arekkz Gaming breakdown

New trailer showing off Wildspire Waste in Monster Hunter World!