Name that GAME Thread

Alien Love Gardener wrote:

Definitely Gunslinger - I'd guess it's from the bit where they were attacked by Apaches - no wait, Apache style.

Gunslinger is such a surprisingly good game.

It's one of the better arguments I know for B-grade games. It's seems like it's mostly indies and AAA these days, but Call of Juarez:Gunslinger was obviously made on the cheap, and was stupidly fun. As Quintin says, it was strongly reminiscent of Outlaws, which is sadly unplayable for modern gamers.

You could really tell the voice actors were having fun with it, too, especially the lead. He was pitch-perfect.

CptDomano wrote:

This is 100% a Mad Max game! I played it on the Genesis. I get the feeling that Garion is on the right track. This is definitely Mad Max, but maybe the studio couldn't get or lost the rights to it.

Since Mad Max clearly was not the name of the game, I'm going with Road Warrior.

You know. I'll give it to you. That was supposed to be a Mad Max game, and was supposed to be titled The Road Warrior. But the company lost the rights for one reason or another, I think they forgot to relicense before release or something. So it came out as Outlander with all the Mad Max taken out of it. I also played it on the Genesis, which I think was the superior version to the SNES one.

maverickz wrote:

You know. I'll give it to you. That was supposed to be a Mad Max game, and was supposed to be titled The Road Warrior. But the company lost the rights for one reason or another, I think they forgot to relicense before release or something. So it came out as Outlander with all the Mad Max taken out of it. I also played it on the Genesis, which I think was the superior version to the SNES one.

Oh wow, I did not realize all the history with it. Seems that Mindscape actually did make a Mad Max game, and this was supposed to to be the sequel. I wonder how they came up with the name Outlander? Ah well, thanks for the confirmation that I wasn't going crazy

Here's the next game
IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/MRjNG6R.png)

CptDomano wrote:
maverickz wrote:

You know. I'll give it to you. That was supposed to be a Mad Max game, and was supposed to be titled The Road Warrior. But the company lost the rights for one reason or another, I think they forgot to relicense before release or something. So it came out as Outlander with all the Mad Max taken out of it. I also played it on the Genesis, which I think was the superior version to the SNES one.

Oh wow, I did not realize all the history with it. Seems that Mindscape actually did make a Mad Max game, and this was supposed to to be the sequel. I wonder how they came up with the name Outlander? Ah well, thanks for the confirmation that I wasn't going crazy :)

Definitely not crazy, at least not in this way. Here's a deeper dive into it that talks about history, the plot, and name.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/out...

Is that from Outlaws? Never played it but that fits what I recall seeing of it.

Damn benign, I was trying to not make it too easy on the first picture, but you nailed it. I guess Outlaws has a very unique look that is hard to hide

You're up!

Sorry I'm late to respond - the one I posted earlier was definitely Fighting Masters. I preferred DIO the man eating plant.

CptDomano wrote:

Damn benign, I was trying to not make it too easy on the first picture, but you nailed it. I guess Outlaws has a very unique look that is hard to hide :)

Well, Malor did mention it just a couple of comments up, so I guess it was already on my mind

Sticking with the theme of games of that era that I never got around to playing:
IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/3EhfMz2.png)

I'm pretty sure that's not Catechumen....right?

I think I read something about this recently. Realms of the Haunted?

Free play if right.

UpToIsomorphism wrote:

I think I read something about this recently. Realms of the Haunted?

Free play if right.

Realms of the Haunting, yes. Free play it is.