The Some Like It HOT TAKES thread

garion333 wrote:
Higgledy wrote:
DSGamer wrote:

Just finished re-watching the modern Planet of the Apes trilogy. Am I crazy or is that one of the best series of movies of all time?

That series of 3 movies is incredible in so many ways. They basically made 3 art-house movies about a plague and talking apes with machine guns and somehow it has more emotional resonance and beauty than most modern films.

I adore those movies.

And yet you never hear about them anymore. It's super weird. Maybe it spoke too much about ourselves.

Instead we need more...... Avengers! It has so many stars and one liners!

I found a DC Fan!

/sarcasm/hot take #content

Spoiler:

remember to like subscribe and SLAM that bell!

Dodge rolls are a tired mechanic and the entire industry should agree to a 12-month moratorium on putting them into games.

Agathos wrote:

Dodge rolls are a tired mechanic and the entire industry should agree to a 12-month moratorium on putting them into games.

Seconding and adding parrying to the list.

bbk1980 wrote:
Agathos wrote:

Dodge rolls are a tired mechanic and the entire industry should agree to a 12-month moratorium on putting them into games.

Seconding and adding parrying to the list.

These hot takes wound me to my very Soul.

RING-A-DING-DING!!

merphle wrote:
bbk1980 wrote:
Agathos wrote:

Dodge rolls are a tired mechanic and the entire industry should agree to a 12-month moratorium on putting them into games.

Seconding and adding parrying to the list.

These hot takes wound me to my very Soul.

Would that be ye Dark Souls?

Hobear wrote:
merphle wrote:
bbk1980 wrote:
Agathos wrote:

Dodge rolls are a tired mechanic and the entire industry should agree to a 12-month moratorium on putting them into games.

Seconding and adding parrying to the list.

These hot takes wound me to my very Soul.

Would that be ye Dark Souls?

IMAGE(https://www.pngitem.com/pimgs/m/140-1404463_praise-the-sun-png-dark-souls-png-animation.png)

I adore the souls games and have completed them all multiple times. Not every game needs a parry though!