The Some Like It HOT TAKES thread

Pages

Please leave your preparation, consideration, and information at the door. And if there is no nearby door, just set those things on fire because this is a thread for your HOT TAKES. The hotter and take-y-er, the better.

The rules of HOT TAKES thread are simple. Presumably. But I can't find them. HOT TAKE: It doesn't matter that I misplaced them. You should just post your hottest takes on anything game or gaming related. Just do it. No editing allowed - we want these fresh out of the oven, baked as is. Don't you DARE touch that delete keyt. I meant key. But whatever because HOT TAKE: You knew what I meant.

These takes need to be so hot that people will look at the temperature of said take and assume that it must be Kelvin. But it isn't. It is CELSIUS. Cel. Si. Us.

Feel free to have HOT TAKES about someone else's HOT TAKE. But HOT TAKE: everyone should be nice!

Polygon

IMAGE(http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/56663/pancake-o.gif)
Oh, hot Take...

SUPERHOT is neither hot, nor particularly super.

Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong, it's neat, but if it was super or hot, I'd want to play it for more than 15 minutes in a sitting, wouldn't I?

Also, this is the most innovative thread I've posted in in years.

HOT TAKE: Batman in general isn't nearly as great as everyone says. Also, the Nolan Batman movies are terrible.

HOT TAKE: My previous HOT TAKE was a bit of a LUKE WARM TAKE on account that the Nolan movies aren't happening RIGHT THIS CULTURAL SECOND.

That take is downright freezing, my man.

I just wanted to dis the Batman, I guess.

HOT TAKE: I should be dissing Superman.

Okay, here is a HOT TAKE: Forbes published an article about not getting over-hyped for Horizon: Zero Dawn.

This article is silly (google it if you want, I can't link right now because this take is too damn hot) because the game hasn't released yet and in prepping for a backlash it is supporting creating that very backlash. At this rate, the game's Stranger Things-esque wave of universal praise, inevitable backlash, and backlash to said backlash will occur before it is even widely available to the general public.

Is this taking over for the Blasphemy thread? If so, I approve, cuz I've been meaning to throw one up for a while now...

Hot Take: Adam Baldwin (as as my bestie puts it "noted piece of sh*t Adam Baldwin") sucks. And not just for the reasons that he is noted piece of sh*t Adam Baldwin, but because he's bad. He seems to force his persona into projects, and apparently no one will call him out on it. Kal Reegar sticks out like a wart with dyed hair on a sore thumb, and his "For the Corps!" shouting Green Lantern? Motherf*cker, the Green Lanterns already have a rallying cry, and it's way cooler than your raaarI'mstillaMarineraaar horsesh*t. Yes, I am aware it's the GL Corps, but they're supposed to be cops, not military to match his Ooo-rahs. Slop on the reasons why he is noted piece of sh*t Adam Baldwin, he becomes intolerable. I dearly hope Injustice 2 features Jon Stewart, or they recast.

Jonman wrote:

SUPERHOT is neither hot, nor particularly super.

Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong, it's neat, but if it was super or hot, I'd want to play it for more than 15 minutes in a sitting, wouldn't I?

Also, this is the most innovative thread I've posted in in years.

HOT TAKE: You're wrong.

TheHarpoMarxist wrote:

HOT TAKE: Batman in general isn't nearly as great as everyone says. Also, the Nolan Batman movies are terrible.

HOT TAKE: You're wrong.

TheHarpoMarxist wrote:

I just wanted to dis the Batman, I guess.

HOT TAKE: I should be dissing Superman.

HOT TAKE: You're right.

HOT TAKE: You're never going to get a good DCCU movie because their source material sucks.

Also Warner Brothers are meddling too much and stifle any sort of creative freedom.

Also also Zack Snyder is sh*t, so that doesn't help.

Twitter is a terrible way to communicate information about video games whether it be individual to individual, industry to individual, or individual to industry. Hot enough for ya!?!?!?!

HOT TAKE: Everyone should log the hell out of Curse and use the GWJ Discord server instead.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Twitter is terrible.

Better.

Dyni wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Twitter is terrible.

Better.

I approve.

HOT TAKE: Everyone here is too chicken to post some more HOT TAKES.

*Legion* wrote:

HOT TAKE: Everyone here is too chicken to post some more HOT TAKES.

HOT TAKE: We're all too busy playing video games because 2017 already has TOO MANY GOOD GAMES.

With all the extra systems added on, the new Zelda game doesn't appeal to me despite the fact that I really like Zelda games.

Also, that Horizon game looks stupid.

Some one explain to this non English speaker what Hot Take is.
Is it like a bold declaration that goes against the accepted mainstream pop cultural zeitgeist?

Hobbes2099 wrote:

Some one explain to this non English speaker what Hot Take is.
Is it like a bold declaration that goes against the accepted mainstream pop cultural zeitgeist?

My Opinion On This Current Event Is Awesome And Here's Why.

Jonman wrote:
Hobbes2099 wrote:

Some one explain to this non English speaker what Hot Take is.
Is it like a bold declaration that goes against the accepted mainstream pop cultural zeitgeist?

My Opinion On This Current Event Is Awesome And Here's Why.

I feel like a true hot take offers no meaningful explanation or detail. It's all id. Just instinctive opinion and hyperbole spewed forth as quickly, with as little forethought, and in as few characters as possible.

HOT TAKE: All the bitching about the Switch OS missing features is dumb because it gets out the way and lets you play video games. I don't give a rat's ass if I can't send messages to my friends, because I can do that in about a billion different ways besides inside the Switch. Hell, I don't even care that there are friend codes because I don't care about system friends, because multiplayer is dumb and not very fun.

Hot take, or hottest of takes?

WipEout wrote:

Also also Zack Snyder is sh*t, so that doesn't help.

Dyni wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Twitter is terrible.

Better.

I thought HOT TAKES were only when you were full of sh*t in your HOT TAKE and not when you are factually accurate and 100% correct? It's less HOT TAKEY when the stance you're taking is uncontroversial.

Blake Bortles blows. He's like Joe Flacco but without the ring and all those sweet playoff wins.

Hot takes can be be accurate and true, but only incidentally.

If I get offered a cookie and it's oatmeal raisin, or peanut butter - I can't be held responsible for my language.

Also, I can't stand Maple Syrup (the tree is pretty enough), or poutine... there, I said it.

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

Also, I can't stand poutine... there, I said it.

IMAGE(https://media.giphy.com/media/12mF9DKcaggLoQ/giphy.gif)

Poutine looks like food that's already been eaten and regurgitated so it could be the greatest tasting thing in the world and I'd still have no interest. Visuals matter.

Pages