NFL 2016: Playoffs: Super Bowl LI

I would assume a lot of teams would have interest in trading for Allen Robinson, but I'm pretty hard-pressed to imagine why Jacksonville would do that.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

I would assume a lot of teams would have interest in trading for Allen Robinson, but I'm pretty hard-pressed to imagine why Jacksonville would do that.

Well, there's the fact that Allen Hurns is the guy they've already given the new contract to, and Marqise Lee was the most productive Jaguars WR down the stretch (virtually equaling Robinson's numbers by the end of the season, despite only starting 6 games).

Lee was the guy that was supposed to become the team's next WR1, he was drafted ahead of Robinson.

I could see them talking themselves into getting the value they can get for Robinson and still having Lee and Hurns as their starting WRs.

Would I do it? No, I don't think the team would get nearly enough for Robinson to make it worth it.

*Legion* wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:

I would assume a lot of teams would have interest in trading for Allen Robinson, but I'm pretty hard-pressed to imagine why Jacksonville would do that.

Well, there's the fact that Allen Hurns is the guy they've already given the new contract to, and Marqise Lee was the most productive Jaguars WR down the stretch (virtually equaling Robinson's numbers by the end of the season, despite only starting 6 games).

Lee was the guy that was supposed to become the team's next WR1, he was drafted ahead of Robinson.

I could see them talking themselves into getting the value they can get for Robinson and still having Lee and Hurns as their starting WRs.

Would I do it? No, I don't think the team would get nearly enough for Robinson to make it worth it.

If the Jags want to dump A-Rob for not nearly enough trade value, they should send him to Tampa.

The Fickle Career of an NFL Player

The chances that a high school football player makes it to the NFL are extremely small. In 2015, 23-year-old D.J. Morrell was an offensive lineman for the NFL with the Buffalo Bills and felt like he had actualized a lifelong goal. However, Morrell was released before the football season even began. The short film Waiting documents his journey home as he looks after his family, especially his quadriplegic younger brother, and trains for another chance to play in the NFL. This is the first episode of a digital series developed by Alex Morsanutto that profiles professional athletes as they try to succeed in their careers.

Video at the link. A bit overblown musically, but pretty cool story.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

If the Jags want to dump A-Rob for not nearly enough trade value, they should send him to Tampa.

You have Mike Evans already, sit back down.

You have the guy that made people think Johnny Manziel could be an NFL QB, you don't get the one that made them think Christian Hackenberg could be too.

The Draw Play heard the news about Tomsula getting the Washington D-line coach job, and is happy.

Look I know your game, Bortles bashing by proxy.

I had a dream last night, that the 49ers traded down and drafted Mitch Trubisky.

Still not sure how I feel about that.

*Legion* wrote:

I had a dream last night, that the 49ers traded down and drafted Mitch Trubisky.

Still not sure how I feel about that.

You were dreaming about Mitch Trubinsky, so I'd feel weird about that.

This is the first draft in a number of years where I didn't absolutely know who the Bucs were taking in the first round. It's going to be kind of fun. Until the stupid Titans draft Corey Davis one slot ahead of Tampa, of course.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

You were dreaming about Mitch Trubinsky, so I'd feel weird about that.

That's where you're wrong. I was dreaming about the draft board.

*Legion* wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:

You were dreaming about Mitch Trubinsky, so I'd feel weird about that.

That's where you're wrong. I was dreaming about the draft board.

IMAGE(http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s149/MilkmanDanimal/1354951901827581543.jpg.gif)

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
*Legion* wrote:

I had a dream last night, that the 49ers traded down and drafted Mitch Trubisky.

Still not sure how I feel about that.

You were dreaming about Mitch Trubinsky, so I'd feel weird about that.

This is the first draft in a number of years where I didn't absolutely know who the Bucs were taking in the first round. It's going to be kind of fun. Until the stupid Titans draft Corey Davis one slot ahead of Tampa, of course.

That's because the Bucs aren't drafting top 15 this year. If they were it'd be obvious. Down with the other winning teams you gotta fight for the scraps or hope Aaron Donald falls in your lap.

You gotta believe they're thinking pass rush for the future. It takes time for pass rushers to develop, unless they're Bosa, apparently, so they've gotta be looking long term and see their pass rush is potentially sh*t in the future.

Everyone talks about WR across from Mike Evans, but I feel like a 2nd or 3rd round pick there makes more sense.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

This is the first draft in a number of years where I didn't absolutely know who the Bucs were taking in the first round.

Have you looked at kickers?

The Bucs took Noah Spence last year with their non-idiotic secund-round pick, and he showed a lot of promise, particularly as the year went on. The thing with pass rush this year is there looks to be maybe two top-flight guys in Garrett and Thomas and then lots of interchangeable DEs nobody agrees on. There's two really good WRs (maybe three, depending on UW's Ross' injury history), two TEs, and why the hell do people keep saying Dalvin Cook it's not 1975 no RBs in the first round.

Tampa desperately needs other pass catchers. Per the latest FO article on Failed Completions, Mike Evans had 96 catches last year. Five were unsuccessful in terms of yardage gained. If you give the team a real WR on the other side, he gets even better.

If you score enough points, the other team has to pass more to catch up, and that just makes your existing pass rushers that much better. I'm 100℅ in on a WR or TE to expand the offense, and pass rush can come later.

Shows how little I know about the Bucs as I had no idea who Noah Spence is and the guy managed 5.5 sacks last year.

I feel like you spent most of last season bitching about poor safety play. Pass rush or an actual safety would help there, obv, but I have no idea how the class stacks up.

You really want them to draft a TE? They're essentially useless their first season. I thought Brate was on the "I have chemistry with Winston" train?

garion333 wrote:

Shows how little I know about the Bucs as I had no idea who Noah Spence is and the guy managed 5.5 sacks last year.

I feel like you spent most of last season bitching about poor safety play. Pass rush or an actual safety would help there, obv, but I have no idea how the class stacks up.

You really want them to draft a TE? They're essentially useless their first season. I thought Brate was on the "I have chemistry with Winston" train?

Brate runs good routes and has great hands, but he caught a pass late last year and got another 10 yards or so and I'm bringing this up because it might be the only time all year he got YAC. Like, literately all year. Catches lots of passes, gets open consistently, could not stretch the field to save his life. O.J. Howard or the Njoku kid from Miami? They could provide an actual downfield threat, plus some blocking.

Brate has been surprisingly good at what he does, but what he does will always be limited just by his lack of speed.

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index....

I sure hope the Tom Brady movie gets made and made soon so it can completely tank and he can realize that nobody outside of Bawstin and Trump likes his cheating ass. I need to take some of my friends and go to the premier and boo loudly until they throw us out.

Throw some D batteries at him as well... or snowballs if its in the winter.

Such animosity...

Spoiler:

Brady plays himself. Wins an Oscar

sr_malo wrote:

Such animosity...

Spoiler:

Brady plays himself. Wins an Oscar

HA! We all know it was the role Ben Affleck was born to play... Marky Mark as Edelman and Matt Damon as Belacheat.

TheGameguru wrote:
sr_malo wrote:

Such animosity...

Spoiler:

Brady plays himself. Wins an Oscar

HA! We all know it was the role Ben Affleck was born to play... Marky Mark as Edelman and Matt Damon as Belacheat.

Mark Wahlberg will only have a role in the film that Brady will get to cut as retaliation for walking out on him at the Super Bowl.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
*Legion* wrote:

I had a dream last night, that the 49ers traded down and drafted Mitch Trubisky.

Still not sure how I feel about that.

You were dreaming about Mitch Trubinsky, so I'd feel weird about that.

This is the first draft in a number of years where I didn't absolutely know who the Bucs were taking in the first round. It's going to be kind of fun. Until the stupid Titans draft Corey Davis one slot ahead of Tampa, of course.

There's got to be a kicker available right?

When your 2nd round kicker is 31st in FG%, a 1st round kicker must be the answer.

Stele wrote:

When your 2nd round kicker is 31st in FG%, a 1st round kicker must be the answer.

32 teams.

Aguayo is #31.

Not the worst.

DRAFT PICK JUSTIFIED!

He was actually 35 out of 36 for kicking percentage. The only person with a worse percentage went 1 for 2 and injured his leg so he couldn't kick more.

sr_malo wrote:

Such animosity...

Spoiler:

Brady plays himself. Wins an Oscar

I think Brady's acting in Simple Tom is going to be overlooked by the Academy.

Looks like y'all can start busting out the ol' Panthers-have-so-many-RBs-LOLOL hot takes. Word around the draft campfire is that Carolina might want to take Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook at No. 8. Mike Mayock is the latest on board that bandwagon.

The Panthers are only 8th in RB positional spend for 2017. A nice fat Top 10 rookie contract would help fix that.

I'm all for the Panthers ignoring their secondary and offensive line in the upcoming draft. They can take Fournette and then trade all their picks to move up to get Dalvin Cook as well.

And yes, (insert kicker joke here).

Tampa Bay 12th in K positional spend for 2017.

Partly because they're one of only 5 teams with a second kicker under contract.

Kirk Cousins has supposedly made it known that the only team (other than Washington) that he'd sign a contract extension with is San Francisco.

In other words, Cousins has taken the legs out of any potential trade to anyone except San Francisco. Washington can franchise tag him, but the risk they're running is that they don't seem to be willing to offer him a long-term deal that he'll sign, and they may only get the one year and then watch him walk away and get nothing beyond a compensatory draft pick. If they deal with San Francisco, they're probably looking at Cousins and pick #17 for picks #2 and #34, and maybe some later picks or pick swaps to round it out.

The rather dismal QB class (at least for pick #2) plus $78 mil of cap space makes SF motivated buyers.