Fire Emblem Catch All

The

Spoiler:

Pillars of Light

was one of the most shocking thing I have seen in a video game in recent memory.

I really should give Three Houses another try. I loved, loved older Fire Emblem games but I just coulnd't get into 3 houses. I am not sure why. It might be that I tried playing in hand held mode it was such tiny fonts that I couldn't just enjoy it.

farley3k wrote:

I really should give Three Houses another try. I loved, loved older Fire Emblem games but I just coulnd't get into 3 houses. I am not sure why. It might be that I tried playing in hand held mode it was such tiny fonts that I couldn't just enjoy it.

I think 99% of my gameplay was in handheld mode. All 3 houses, for a total 165hrs. It’s the reason I traded up from a launch Switch to the refresh, as mobile battery life for 3 houses went from a little over 2 hours to nearly 4.5.

I really want to play it in handheld mode, but that text is just so small. I can only manage it in small bursts.

UpToIsomorphism wrote:

The

Spoiler:

Pillars of Light

was one of the most shocking thing I have seen in a video game in recent memory.

Spoiler:

As I'm sure you know, there's reference to the Pillars of Light in Edelgard's path. It felt really strange at the time. Like, these pillars destroyed a whole city - we should be concerned about that! But instead we kill Rhea and the rest is just a footnote in the epilogue.

Just kind of makes me feel like I missed half the story. Which I guess I did considering you have to choose only one house to join.

It reminds me a bit of Witcher 2, where the story only made complete sense once you'd done two play throughs - one helping Roche and one helping Iorveth.

Anyway, I've started my Golden Deer game now. They're a much more likeable bunch of people (well, mostly).

So here's a dose of random. For the 30th year anniversary of the franchise, Nintendo uploaded an hour long video featuring English voice actors for different Fire Emblem charactes.

I haven't watched it much myself, but figured I'd share here in case anyone was interested.

Is Blue Lions worth playing through? I just finished Cindered Shadows, which means I've done Golden Deer, Golden Deer Church, and Black Eagles. The only route I haven't done (I believe) is Blue Lions. I'm kind of tempted to run through it again, however if I did I'd be honestly be inclined to do the Golden Deer Church run as I enjoyed that run more than any of them.

Thoughts on if there's anything unique about Blue Lions?

DSGamer wrote:

Is Blue Lions worth playing through? I just finished Cindered Shadows, which means I've done Golden Deer, Golden Deer Church, and Black Eagles. The only route I haven't done (I believe) is Blue Lions. I'm kind of tempted to run through it again, however if I did I'd be honestly be inclined to do the Golden Deer Church run as I enjoyed that run more than any of them.

Thoughts on if there's anything unique about Blue Lions?

It focuses more on Edelgarde and Dimitri’s relations, and the war itself. I don’t want to go further for fear of spoilers.

halfwaywrong wrote:

Anyway, I've started my Golden Deer game now. They're a much more likeable bunch of people (well, mostly).

And I've just wrapped up my Golden Deer run. I think I might have preferred this one more than the Black Eagles. Generally speaking, I thought the characters were more likeable (exceptions on both side though) and the second half of the story was much more satisfying.

Anyway, thank you all for convincing me to do another run - it really deepened my appreciation for a game I already loved!

So I know Three Houses ihas been out a while at this stage, but I recently rolled credits on it for the third time and was wondering if anyone wanted to gush about how freaking awesome the game is?

For reference, my route order was Silver Snow -> Azure Moon -> Verdant Winds, and this is my first experience with Fire Emblem.

I went into my third playthrough basically not wanting to leave Claude out, but also with pretty low expectations regarding new content. Then I got to the last few chapters and couldn't believe how awesome the ending was! Similarly, I couldn't believe how much new lore I learned on my third playthrough!

What a great game!

It may be time to do the other path with the Black Eagles.

UpToIsomorphism wrote:

It may be time to do the other path with the Black Eagles.

I want to, Uptolsomorphism, but I'm afraid...

All joking aside, I came into my first playthrough without anything having beeing spoiled story-wise. So I got quite a surprise when I got to the halfway mark of that playthrough! Surprise is an understatement really; that moment messed with my head in a way that I don't think any other game ever has! It made the second half of that playthrough feel very...personal? So a big part of me doesn't want to go back and make different choices...

Does the fourth route add a lot to the story / lore that I wouldn't have gotten in the three I've already done? Claude's route in particular felt very complete in the story it told.

Stevintendo wrote:
UpToIsomorphism wrote:

It may be time to do the other path with the Black Eagles.

I want to, Uptolsomorphism, but I'm afraid...

All joking aside, I came into my first playthrough without anything having beeing spoiled story-wise. So I got quite a surprise when I got to the halfway mark of that playthrough! Surprise is an understatement really; that moment messed with my head in a way that I don't think any other game ever has! It made the second half of that playthrough feel very...personal? So a big part of me doesn't want to go back and make different choices...

Does the fourth route add a lot to the story / lore that I wouldn't have gotten in the three I've already done? Claude's route in particular felt very complete in the story it told.

Without spoiling too much, you really should do that other Black Eagles playthrough. The only playthrough that's kinda meh is Silver Snow, as it had a lot in common with Claude's route.

Then again, I totally played them out of order: Golden Deer, Blue Lions, Crimson Flower, Silver Snow. I hadn't been spoiled story-wise, so I went with the archer-heavy team first.

sometimesdee wrote:
Stevintendo wrote:
UpToIsomorphism wrote:

It may be time to do the other path with the Black Eagles.

I want to, Uptolsomorphism, but I'm afraid...

All joking aside, I came into my first playthrough without anything having beeing spoiled story-wise. So I got quite a surprise when I got to the halfway mark of that playthrough! Surprise is an understatement really; that moment messed with my head in a way that I don't think any other game ever has! It made the second half of that playthrough feel very...personal? So a big part of me doesn't want to go back and make different choices...

Does the fourth route add a lot to the story / lore that I wouldn't have gotten in the three I've already done? Claude's route in particular felt very complete in the story it told.

Without spoiling too much, you really should do that other Black Eagles playthrough. The only playthrough that's kinda meh is Silver Snow, as it had a lot in common with Claude's route.

Then again, I totally played them out of order: Golden Deer, Blue Lions, Crimson Flower, Silver Snow. I hadn't been spoiled story-wise, so I went with the archer-heavy team first.

Personally, I feel Golden Deer -> Blue Lions -> Silver Snow with Crimson Flower is the best play through lore wise. Not gonna say anything more, just my opinion given the amount of time I’ve spent in game (530+ hours).