Conan Exiles - Crush Your Enemies, See them driven before you!

astralplaydoh wrote:

How many different enemy types are there?

Don't fight back - little turtles, gazelles, rabbits

Fight back - imps, big turtles, gators, hyenas, ostriches, rhinos, scorpions, stone horses (not sure what else to call them), spiders, skeletons, dragon/mastodon (i've heard it called both)

NPCs - vary by weapons/armor they have

thats all i can think of at the moment. some of them have variations (melee vs archer skeleton) or tiers (regular vs king versions)

If there's still room on the server I would like to get the info as well.

In case anyone answers in here before Curse. I would love the server info as well. Just broke down and bought it.

There's actually a mastodon, an undead dragon, a spider queen and you missed all the npc exiles that agro.

Thirst and hunger are also enemies

Just joined. Good times!

Servers won't be found for me ;/

BlackSheep wrote:

Servers won't be found for me ;/

i believe it restarts itself ever hour if no one is on, so it may just be in the middle of a restart, takes a few minutes.

plus an update was just released so it may be installing that, etc.

i see it as online now.

BlackSheep wrote:

There's actually a mastodon, an undead dragon, a spider queen

Other than the setting, somehow this made me more interested in the game than anything else so far.

So, I found the city to the northwest after dying from, um, I guess logging out in my own house. I do have a house set up in the oasis that is north of that city just to the east of us, on the east side of the oasis.

Additional monsters: scorpions, giant scorpions, and some kind of locust thing that I had to punch to death while naked. Because of course.

seems like the server restarts are taking forever now. goes down for 15-20 minutes at a time even when there is no new patch.

not sure if it's a server hardware issue or an issue with one of their recent patches causing the servers to start slowly. i'll try updating and starting my local server later see if there is any issue there.

Whenever it runs a steam update it always downloads the last update. I don't know why. So if the last update was big it might take longer to restart. I can change the interval to every 4 hours. It might mean the server would be unavailable for a longer period after a patch, but it won't be down as much when there isn't.

either way is fine with me, just thought it was odd that it was taking so long.

new low for me today. i was standing in my base, but alt-tabbed out of the game doing some work stuff for a few minutes. when i come back in the game i'm in the starting area, so i make my way back basically sprinting between everyone's old bases.

when i get back turns out that a rhino rampaged through my base and thats how i died. not sure why he got pissed off, either i died of thirst and respawned at my bed that was too close to him or one of the thralls pissed him off. either way he had destroyed my bed (hence the starting area) but also my body was gone, so lost all my steel weapons, steel armor, religion weapons, and some mats (steel, thick leather, etc). and he destroyed a couple chests, so everything that was in there is gone (thought it was supposed to drop if that happened?)

so when i eventually do get back he's still pissed and as soon as i get close to my base he starts charging me and will not give up, if i go in a building he's trying to tear it down, etc. i ran away (like away away, not just in circles) from him for i'd guess a good 4-5 minutes and he kept following anyway. until eventual he just died of old age or whatever it is they randomly die from.

man that was one angry rhino.

I've had s rhino in my house too. They're quite the pests.

IMAGE(http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11/117763/2692475-tumblr_m740m1fs1b1qiknbco1_1280.jpg)

BlackSheep wrote:

I've had s rhino in my house too. They're quite the pests.

i've had them in too, just never had one that bugged out and wouldn't give up like that.

sortimat wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:

I've had s rhino in my house too. They're quite the pests.

i've had them in too, just never had one that bugged out and wouldn't give up like that.

I noticed that your archers shot at wildlife that went by. I was attack by an ostrich and it started firing at it when it charged me while cutting wood.

Also if you're ever in that situation again run to my place top or bottom and run through to the other side. They'll give up if you're no longer at the same elevation. Otherwise they keep charging even through walls.

ranalin wrote:

Also if you're ever in that situation again run to my place top or bottom and run through to the other side. They'll give up if you're no longer at the same elevation. Otherwise they keep charging even through walls.

i did that actually and thought i had lost him, but soon as i came out up top it must of started running around up the hill after me. whatever it was it was just bugged and wouldn't release it's target on me until it died.

I had a rhino go invulnerable on me. I hit it about 100 times with my sword and he was still alive. Ranalin came over and killed him so it was just me he couldn't damage. The cool part was, he couldn't hurt me either. But he was able to throw me around like a rag doll.

The house that I am making is on stilts way up in the sky. I am hoping that it will prevent situations like yours Sortimat. But I have had to logout on a safe spot outside my house as when I login, I always start on the ground and warp up to my house once everything loads. But while on the ground, I am vulnerable to attack.

My rhino issue was that it was literally stuck in my doorway. So it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

kazar wrote:

I had a rhino go invulnerable on me. I hit it about 100 times with my sword and he was still alive. Ranalin came over and killed him so it was just me he couldn't damage. The cool part was, he couldn't hurt me either. But he was able to throw me around like a rag doll.

i've seen something similar happen, it usually seems to be that i'm stuck in him, so it sounds like we're hitting each other but we're not, i guess hitting the inside of a rhino doesn't do any damage :p

BlackSheep wrote:

My rhino issue was that it was literally stuck in my doorway. So it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

i've had them get stuck in doorways too, i don't know what makes them think they can fit. one time i had to take out like 4 sections of wall to get him free.

i'm seriously considering building a fence to free me of this rhino menace.

kazar wrote:

But I have had to logout on a safe spot outside my house as when I login, I always start on the ground and warp up to my house once everything loads. But while on the ground, I am vulnerable to attack.

same here, but i've been logging out inside my house but as soon as i load i run out, if i stand in place i get stuck in foundation.

maybe you need to build a guest house on the ground with nothing in it to log out in.

There are mutterings that they will have magic at some point. I think they are focusing on getting what works now stable and ironed out.
I am holding off for magic though.

fangblackbone wrote:

There are mutterings that they will have magic at some point. I think they are focusing on getting what works now stable and ironed out.
I am holding off for magic though.

The devs did an AMA a week or two ago and confirmed that there definitely will be magic at some point, and will likely require the corruption debuff you get from entering tainted areas in order to cast spells.

sortimat wrote:
kazar wrote:

But I have had to logout on a safe spot outside my house as when I login, I always start on the ground and warp up to my house once everything loads. But while on the ground, I am vulnerable to attack.

same here, but i've been logging out inside my house but as soon as i load i run out, if i stand in place i get stuck in foundation.

maybe you need to build a guest house on the ground with nothing in it to log out in.

There is a spot where nothing spawns that is right outside so I have been using that. I might extend my house to that part and make that the main entrance.

Someday soon I hope to be able to play for more than 15 minutes at a time so I can actually make some progress.

yes, increased bark!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/4409...

sad this is what i'm excited about :p

sortimat wrote:

yes, increased bark!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/4409...

sad this is what i'm excited about :p

although they're removing the regen portion of purified meat and just makes it regular food. seems like that nerfs Yog's usefulness.

I suppose it makes Yog a good deal weaker than it was but it's still really good food, especially with it not rotting. I'm more concerned about the NPC's getting their own structure blocking. If the range on that is the same as players it could severely limit where you can build, even early game.

Whorhay wrote:

I suppose it makes Yog a good deal weaker than it was but it's still really good food, especially with it not rotting. I'm more concerned about the NPC's getting their own structure blocking. If the range on that is the same as players it could severely limit where you can build, even early game.

the not rotting thing is nice, but once i got established i've used the yog food only for regen and thrown away 75+% of the other food i pick up, rotting food hasn't really been a problem for me. I suppose on longer adventures in the future, the no rotting thing will be helpful.