[Discussion] Talk about tonight's debate - Sunday nights alright for a fight

Pages

discussion of the town hall style debate Sunday night

*Apologies to Elton John but the title was just too good to pass up.

based in how trump seems to have prepped, it sounds like it will be interesting.

So the debate will start in a couple hours. Will the discussion of trumps comments in 2005 overshadow the debate?

Good thing tomorrow's a holiday, because we're going to need a buttload of booze.

farley3k wrote:

based in how trump seems to have prepped, it sounds like it will be interesting.

I really do hope he attacks Hillary for Bill's infidelities. I want to see her light him up like a Christmas tree in Clark Griswold's house.

I wish tomorrow was a holiday here too. Yet another debate I wanted to watch live.

Oh well, next debate I can watch. If there is actually going to be a third debate...

sometimesdee wrote:

Good thing tomorrow's a holiday, because we're going to need a buttload of booze.

Too bad it's a holiday most employers don't close.

BoogtehWoog wrote:
farley3k wrote:

based in how trump seems to have prepped, it sounds like it will be interesting.

I really do hope he attacks Hillary for Bill's infidelities. I want to see her light him up like a Christmas tree in Clark Griswold's house.

The Temperament Wiggle may turn into a full blown Macarena!

I have trouble conceiving of what a Trump meltdown that would do more damage would look like.

He generally manages to sink beneath my expectations, though.

Gremlin wrote:

I have trouble conceiving of what a Trump meltdown that would do more damage would look like.

Well, I'm excited to see if we find out what one of those looks like tonight.

I fantasize that he admits he was just seeing how deplorable he could get people to be, uses his last 2 minute segment to say "if you're wearing a Trump shirt or have a Trump sign in your yard, take a long look in the mirror and apologize to the rest of the country."

Seth wrote:

I fantasize that he admits he was just seeing how deplorable he could get people to be, uses his last 2 minute segment to say "if you're wearing a Trump shirt or have a Trump sign in your yard, take a long look in the mirror and apologize to the rest of the country."

This would be unbelievably amazing. The only problem there is I'd have to respect that.

I always fantasized about Trump winning* the election and then during the Inauguration / swearing-in ceremony, him taking the mic, looking the camera straight in the eye and telling America, "You people are freakin' idiots for electing me. You should all be ashamed of yourselves."

** drops the mic **

** rides off into the sunset, never to be seen again **

(* I understand the inherent fallacy of this fantasy [Pence next in line], but it's MY fantasy. :p )

Could the OP put something in the title showing this is the discussion for tonight's debate?

Trump is probably just gonna spend the whole night calling Clinton crooked and mentioning the emails over and over.

And his supporters will love it.

Here's to everyone's cirrhosis. Can't believe my Columbus-based company doesn't take Columbus Day off.

Cooper, Raddatz set to make first questions of debate about Trump tape gee you don't say

edit: CNN is claiming he invited more people to the front row who accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault or maybe rape? stay classy Trump.

Watching a Frontline special about the candidates in prep. It's pretty enlightening.

This is going to be a complete sh*t show. I'm torn between staying up to watch it and being so frustrated I can't get to sleep, or do something relaxing for the evening and see all the sound bites tomorrow.

This is gonna be bonkers as Trump holds panel with all of Bill's accusers.

I don't think I will be able to watch. I just expect it to be horrible.

*dread*

obirano wrote:

This is gonna be bonkers as Trump holds panel with all of Bill's accusers.

Just came to post that! What the hell is he thinking? Surely there cannot be anyone else thinking this is a good idea. Oh wait, I just remembered who his "advisors" are.

And the band played on...

Yeah. It's going to take a lot of booze.

Oh boy

C-SPAN: absolutely raw feed, no extra commentary.

Plus you get to watch everyone sit in silence as they wait for it to start.

Let's go!

JC wrote:

Could the OP put something in the title showing this is the discussion for tonight's debate?

Psst, Farley, that's you. I can edit posts, but not the OP or thread title.

Yellek wrote:
sometimesdee wrote:

Good thing tomorrow's a holiday, because we're going to need a buttload of booze.

Too bad it's a holiday most employers don't close. :(

Yeah, but I won't have to drive my kid to school!

Watching PBS. The most telling comment so far:

"The fact that I can't let my 4th grader son watch the debate tells you all you need to know."

BIG glass of wine in my hand....

Pages