NFL 2016: Week 3

*Legion* wrote:
LeapingGnome wrote:

Because teams playing him don't have to throw to win?

And which game was that? Because you have two games where the opponent had to hold on and stop a last minute drive to win, and then you have the bad blowout game where Philip Rivers threw 4 TDs.

When have you ever let the facts get in the way of a good dig? Just accept it that the Jags never fill up their stadium (even when they do) and that they're always getting blown out (even when they're not).

I keep believing in Jacksonville and getting burned.. I gotta get used to the fact that the players probably wake up every morning and realize they are in Jacksonville, FL. and just shrug and say f*ck it. I would guess when/if they move to San Antonio they win multiple Super Bowls.

TheGameguru wrote:

I keep believing in Jacksonville and getting burned.. I gotta get used to the fact that the players probably wake up every morning and realize they are in Jacksonville, FL. and just shrug and say f*ck it. I would guess when/if they move to San Antonio they win multiple Super Bowls.

My pattern seems to be if I pick Tampa or Jacksonville, they lose, if I don't they win...

Whoa, JJ Watt just got placed on IR. The reinjury to his back is apparently serious enough to shut him down for a long while. Probably best move possible.

garion333 wrote:
*Legion* wrote:
LeapingGnome wrote:

Because teams playing him don't have to throw to win?

And which game was that? Because you have two games where the opponent had to hold on and stop a last minute drive to win, and then you have the bad blowout game where Philip Rivers threw 4 TDs.

When have you ever let the facts get in the way of a good dig? Just accept it that the Jags never fill up their stadium (even when they do) and that they're always getting blown out (even when they're not).

IMAGE(https://media.giphy.com/media/e5kmqg709XLZ6/giphy.gif)

In the most important football news of the day:

Tim Tebow, first professional at-bat... goes yard.

I dunno that I'd call instructional league 'pro' but nice anyway.

I didn't see any ball go over the fence.

Here's some NFC South news that made me smile:

Monday's Saints-Falcons game drew just a hair over 8 million viewers. It's the lowest MNF viewership in history. (Not sure if they mean history of ESPN or since the dawn of time; I think it's the latter.)

The next lowest: Saints/Falcons in 2007.

(source)

That confirms the notion that these are the two worst teams in history outside of DC.

Don't you think people watching the fate of the world play out live might have had something to do with it?

There was more drama in the presidential debate than in that game. It's not every day you get to watch a dude come off cocaine live on TV.

Rat Boy wrote:

Don't you think people watching the fate of the world play out live might have had something to do with it?

Eh, no. It's the fact that it was Saints-Falcons, two of the three worst teams in the history of organized sports. Don't try to lay facts and context on me!

my picks were not good this week. No more Florida picks until they start winning

Because it's 1PM CST on Thursday:

Something something new thread something.

I'm guessing he's busy sifting through a stack of Roberto Aguayo photos and will get to the new thread when he finds the perfect one.

And the best part is that he's going to read these posts, too.

cube wrote:

Because it's 1PM CST on Thursday:

Something something new thread something.

The Week 4 thread, like all the NFL threads, operates on Pacific Time, sonny boy.