General VR Catch-All

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Walkabout Minigolf is THE VR experience. Half Life Alyx, Superhot, BeatSaber? Pah! Get yourself a real game.

(it's really really good I promise)

Thinking of setting up a Walkabout Mini Golf game either Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon (CDT). Chime in if interested and if either is better. Looks like it supports up to 5 players in a session.

Registering interest!

I'd be up for some Walkabout. Either day should be good.

*Legion* wrote:

COMPOUND just reached 1.0 yesterday, and IMO is the best game in the VR sale even though it's 0% off.

You must hate my wallet

ToxicWaltz wrote:

Thinking of setting up a Walkabout Mini Golf game either Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon (CDT). Chime in if interested and if either is better. Looks like it supports up to 5 players in a session.

On this note, there's an update coming next week that expands MP support up to 8 players in a session.

Wasn't aware you could use Discord to schedule events, very cool.

That's 6am here, so a little early for me. However, would love to jump in if you end up playing a few hours later some time.

Will shoot for later next time. This Sunday is race night for us Racing Dorks which is why I scheduled earlier.

Great, keep me posted

Have fun!

Got Walkabout over the weekend and have enjoyed a few rounds with my brother. Such a nice social game and the feel of play is great. I do regret not getting the native Quest version. The tether is a hindrance but air link is just a bit too laggy in my environment.

Is there a good full golf sim yet? With multiplayer?

Well, they managed to get that in just before the price goes up by $100, which will likely kill that momentum.

Setup Saturday and Sunday Walkabout Golf sessions @4pEST in Discord. Signup if able. If we need to adjust the times for better attendance just let me know.

Friendly reminder that these repeat every weekend. Discord event link here.

Nimcosi wrote:

Setup Saturday and Sunday Walkabout Golf sessions @4pEST in Discord. Signup if able. If we need to adjust the times for better attendance just let me know.

I've been away for the last few weeks, but would like to get back into this soon. Can confirm it's a good time.

So BattleGroupVR is available as an app lab (i.e. early access) game natively on the Oculus and it is f*cking terrific.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/q...

It's basically a space RTS where you're on the bridge of your flagship, which you can also take control of directly. It's so god damned great, seriously.

I've had my eye on this one for quite a while! Are those screenshots and video from the native Oculus version or Steam version?

When possible, I do prefer to play native Oculus but I was a tad disappointed by how rough Vox Machinae looked. An impressive feat, but would have preferred playing it via VirtualDesktop/Airlink due to the visual downgrade.

A_Unicycle wrote:

I've had my eye on this one for quite a while! Are those screenshots and video from the native Oculus version or Steam version?

When possible, I do prefer to play native Oculus but I was a tad disappointed by how rough Vox Machinae looked. An impressive feat, but would have preferred playing it via VirtualDesktop/Airlink due to the visual downgrade.

I've played it on both Steam and Oculus and they look almost the same.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...

Half Life 2 in VR is absolutely incredible. It's so bizarre, it feels like it just belongs in VR, the transition is perfect. The only small problem is how fast the movement is, you slide across the ground very quickly and that's disorienting at first. That's just how FPS games were in 2004, though!

Simple to set up (literally just a download and play on Steam), and it runs very well. Some quick gameplay from my semi-decent, but definitely not top of the line PC:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1572860...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1572860...

Edit: Just wanted to mention that motion sickness pills seemed to help me play longer! I tried them on recommendation from a friend. Without, I played HL2 for 20 minutes before I started to feel my head get warm and light (first signs I'm gonna lose my lunch), after a break and a tablet, I played for at least twice as long and no symptoms! I did feel a bit dazed afterwards, but no nausea.

Might just be the ticket I need to get over VR sickness.