GWJFFL 2015 - Week 15

Early games:
  • Thursday, December 17th, 8:25 PM ET: Buccaneers at Rams

Byes: None

Pro
Regular Season Standings
      Overall Division Points For
#1 Leap's Peeps (LeapingGnome) 11-2 4-0 (#1) 1610.32
#2 Kissing Cousins (ukickmydog) 10-3 2-2 (#1) 1740.20
#3 Karma's Gaming Grandpas (karmajay) 9-4 2-2 (#1) 1498.64
#4 Minaseans (mcheshier) 8-5 3-1 (#2) 1438.46
#5 Runs Like A Dad (Evo) 7-6 2-2 (#2) 1439.62
#6 Old Man's Depends (oldmanscene24) 7-6 4-0 (#1) 1431.86
#7 Gumbie's Dammits (Gumbie) 6-7 2-2 (#2) 1623.66
#8 She Wants To Dance Like Odell Thurman (LegionSB) 5-8 1-3 (#2) 1394.14
#9 The Elliottx Expletives (elliottx) 5-8 1-3 (#3) 1577.18
#10 International Organization of Evil (kaostheory) 4-9 0-4 (#3) 1197.02
#11 The Heavies (tboon) 4-9 2-2 (#3) 1347.30
#12 I Have No Legs (Bill_Bonney) 2-11 1-3 (#3) 1119.66
Regular Season Awards
Most total points ($25): Kissing Cousins (1740.20)
#1 Overall ($10): Leap's Peeps
Division Winner ($15): Leap's Peeps
Division Winner ($15): Kissing Cousins
Division Winner ($15): Karma's Gaming Grandpas
Division Winner ($15): Old Man's Depends
Highest single-week team total ($10): Gumbie's Dammits (187.24 in week 3)
Post Season Awards*
Highest single-week team total ($5): Kissing Cousins (130.84 in week 14) new!
*Award winners are subject to change as the season progresses.
Results - Week 14
106.80 #3 Karma's Gaming Grandpas (9-4) vs. #5 Runs Like A Dad (7-6) 94.26
96.12 #4 Minaseans (8-5) vs. #6 Old Man's Depends (7-6) 80.30
119.88 #9 The Elliottx Expletives (5-8) vs. #12 I Have No Legs (2-11) 99.54
113.40 #10 International Organization of Evil (4-9) vs. #11 The Heavies (4-9) 124.86
Schedule - Week 15
  #1 Leap's Peeps (11-2) vs. #4 Minaseans (8-5)
  #2 Kissing Cousins (10-3) vs. #3 Karma's Gaming Grandpas (9-4)
  #7 Gumbie's Dammits (6-7) vs. #11 The Heavies (4-9)
  #8 She Wants To Dance Like Odell Thurman (5-8) vs. #9 The Elliottx Expletives (5-8)

 

Division I
Regular Season Standings
      Overall Division Points For
#1 Giants Among Men (Kush15) 11-2 4-0 (#1) 1762.02
#2 Casterly Rock Rovers (Crhis) 8-5 3-1 (#1) 1525.60
#3 Stele's 49ers (Stele) 8-5 1-3 (#1) 1483.66
#4 Berkeley Tree Cutters (Carlbear95) 8-5 2-2 (#2) 1464.90
#5 Cobble's Probably Losing by 17 (Cobble) 7-6 2-2 (#1) 1499.52
#6 Chip's Ahoy (Apollo0507) 7-6 2-2 (#2) 1495.48
#7 Forsett 'til it Ertz (FSevenSansdeity) 7-6 2-2 (#2) 1406.96
#8 Grump's Chumps (Grumpicus) 6-7 1-3 (#3) 1454.56
#9 BoomBoom (Chabuda) 5-8 3-1 (#2) 1385.00
#10 Demariyus Targaryen (Neozilla) 5-8 3-1 (#3) 1523.48
#11 Landshrk83's Lagomorphs (Landshrk83) 4-9 1-3 (#3) 1363.66
#12 Rabbitroids (gwjrabbit ) 2-11 0-4 (#3) 979.94
Results - Week 14
93.44 #3 Stele's 49ers (8-5) vs. #6 Chip's Ahoy (7-6) 99.38
116.86 #4 Berkeley Tree Cutters (8-5) vs. #5 Cobble's Probably Losing by 17 (7-6) 124.10
115.18 #9 BoomBoom (5-8) vs. #12 Rabbitroids (2-11) 70.30
85.98 #10 Demariyus Targaryen (5-8) vs. #11 Landshrk83's Lagomorphs (4-9) 77.86
Schedule - Week 15
  #1 Giants Among Men (11-2) vs. #5 Cobble's Probably Losing by 17 (7-6)
  #2 Casterly Rock Rovers (8-5) vs. #6 Chip's Ahoy (7-6)
  #7 Forsett 'til it Ertz (7-6) vs. #10 Demariyus Targaryen (5-8)
  #8 Grump's Chumps (6-7) vs. #9 BoomBoom (5-8)

 

Division II
Regular Season Standings
      Overall Division Points For
#1 Miller Time (Sr_Malo) 11-2 3-1 (#1) 1731.28
#2 Kap Pacino (LegionSB) 10-3 4-0 (#1) 1596.68
#3 TBA (iaintgotnopants) 10-3 3-1 (#2) 1500.48
#4 Play Stealing Spies (Furtivespy) 9-4 3-1 (#1) 1468.52
#5 Captain Obvious (JeffreyLSmith) 8-5 3-1 (#1) 1591.04
#6 Brown Coats (UpToIsomorphism) 5-8 2-2 (#2) 1444.86
#7 Rayguns (nightelfmohawk) 5-8 2-2 (#2) 1304.68
#8 Screaming Mimis (mudbunny) 5-8 1-3 (#2) 1229.62
#9 Million Monkeys (gorilla-gwj) 5-8 0-4 (#3) 1268.24
#10 The Hairy Kids (Rat_Boy) 4-9 1-3 (#3) 1337.10
#11 Backwards Cuttlefish (Atras ) 3-10 1-3 (#3) 1113.28
#12 What's Fantasy Football? (MountaineerWR27 ) 3-10 1-3 (#3) 1172.34
Results - Week 14
84.86 #3 TBA (10-3) vs. #5 Captain Obvious (8-5) 103.32
100.74 #4 Play Stealing Spies (9-4) vs. #6 Brown Coats (5-8) 132.32
112.68 #9 Million Monkeys (5-8) vs. #12 What's Fantasy Football? (3-10) 100.32
113.58 #10 The Hairy Kids (4-9) vs. #11 Backwards Cuttlefish (3-10) 88.44
Schedule - Week 15
  #1 Miller Time (11-2) vs. #5 Captain Obvious (8-5)
  #2 Kap Pacino (10-3) vs. #6 Brown Coats (5-8)
  #7 Rayguns (5-8) vs. #10 The Hairy Kids (4-9)
  #8 Screaming Mimis (5-8) vs. #9 Million Monkeys (5-8)

 

Keeper
Regular Season Standings
      Overall Division Points For
#1 Garion's Muffin Tops (garion333) 11-2 4-0 (#1) 1634.08
#2 The Elliottx Experience (elliottx) 9-4 4-0 (#1) 1550.54
#3 Pismo Beach Twisted Ankles (LegionSB) 8-5 2-2 (#1) 1553.40
#4 Jones'n For Morris (ukickmydog) 8-5 3-1 (#1) 1583.08
#5 Old Man's Flaming Arthritis (oldmanscene24) 8-5 1-3 (#2) 1517.98
#6 Bonney's Criminals (Bill_Bonney) 7-6 3-1 (#2) 1512.54
#7 Have You Seen Us, Uncle Revis? (Sr_Malo) 7-6 1-3 (#3) 1436.96
#8 JollyBill's Manly Morris Motorcade (Jolly) 6-7 1-3 (#2) 1341.36
#9 The Leftovers (gwjrabbit ) 5-8 1-3 (#3) 1178.68
#10 Jeff Goldblum's Hopeful Embryo (kaostheory) 5-8 2-2 (#2) 1380.14
#11 OBJesus Saved my Life (Landshrk83) 3-10 2-2 (#3) 1238.72
#12 Minase and his Tight Ends (mcheshier) 1-12 0-4 (#3) 1154.44
Results - Week 14
89.36 #3 Pismo Beach Twisted Ankles (8-5) vs. #6 Bonney's Criminals (7-6) 103.92
125.52 #4 Jones'n For Morris (8-5) vs. #5 Old Man's Flaming Arthritis (8-5) 95.90
112.62 #9 The Leftovers (5-8) vs. #12 Minase and his Tight Ends (1-12) 90.10
68.70 #10 Jeff Goldblum's Hopeful Embryo (5-8) vs. #11 OBJesus Saved my Life (3-10) 96.50
Schedule - Week 15
  #1 Garion's Muffin Tops (11-2) vs. #4 Jones'n For Morris (8-5)
  #2 The Elliottx Experience (9-4) vs. #6 Bonney's Criminals (7-6)
  #7 Have You Seen Us, Uncle Revis? (7-6) vs. #11 OBJesus Saved my Life (3-10)
  #8 JollyBill's Manly Morris Motorcade (6-7) vs. #9 The Leftovers (5-8)

 

Dynasty
Regular Season Standings
      Overall Division Points For
#1 The Moldavian Massacre (iaintgotnopants) 11-2 2-2 (#1) 1568.40
#2 The Elliottx Executives (elliottx) 9-4 3-1 (#1) 1552.68
#3 Pocket Lacys (Evo) 8-5 4-0 (#1) 1548.38
#4 House Legion (LegionSB) 8-5 3-1 (#1) 1607.94
#5 Los Gringos (Bill_Bonney) 7-6 2-2 (#2) 1481.76
#6 Grenades (Chabuda) 7-6 2-2 (#2) 1385.76
#7 The Adjective Nouns (FSevenSansdeity) 6-7 2-2 (#2) 1386.66
#8 Unfrozen Caveman Lawyers (Laarrs_GWJ) 5-8 1-3 (#2) 1375.06
#9 Garion's G-String (garion333) 5-8 0-4 (#3) 1276.90
#10 Leapsanity (MountaineerWR27 ) 5-8 2-2 (#3) 1249.40
#11 Landshrk83's Lack of Imagination (Landshrk83) 4-9 2-2 (#3) 1209.00
#12 Old Man's Dementia (oldmanscene24) 3-10 1-3 (#3) 1229.88
Results - Week 14
129.70 #3 Pocket Lacys (8-5) vs. #6 Grenades (7-6) 116.42
119.20 #4 House Legion (8-5) vs. #5 Los Gringos (7-6) 126.44
83.36 #9 Garion's G-String (5-8) vs. #12 Old Man's Dementia (3-10) 97.50
89.62 #10 Leapsanity (5-8) vs. #11 Landshrk83's Lack of Imagination (4-9) 62.98
Schedule - Week 15
  #1 The Moldavian Massacre (11-2) vs. #5 Los Gringos (7-6)
  #2 The Elliottx Executives (9-4) vs. #3 Pocket Lacys (8-5)
  #7 The Adjective Nouns (6-7) vs. #10 Leapsanity (5-8)
  #8 Unfrozen Caveman Lawyers (5-8) vs. #12 Old Man's Dementia (3-10)

 

So sad to see folks bailing out before the end of the year.

Alright, ukick, time to get serious in Keeper.

I apologize, its not a lack of love -- I've had a ridiculous string of problems between work and home. We pulled my daughter out of high school, had two weeks at home with her, then back into a new high school, and travelling all the time in between. Not that it matters (because everyone i drafted originally, practically, is on a bench or in a hospital) but I'll get back on the stick for the end here.

garion333 wrote:

Alright, ukick, time to get serious in Keeper.

IMAGE(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Bring_it_On_-_In_it_to_Win_it_cover.jpg)

rabbit wrote:

I apologize, its not a lack of love -- I've had a ridiculous string of problems between work and home. We pulled my daughter out of high school, had two weeks at home with her, then back into a new high school, and travelling all the time in between. Not that it matters (because everyone i drafted originally, practically, is on a bench or in a hospital) but I'll get back on the stick for the end here.

Holy hell, that sounds horrible. Hope it all works out!

84.86 #3 TBA (10-3) vs. #5 Captain Obvious (8-5) 103.32

Both of my other quarterbacks would have won me this game. f*ck you, Andy Dalton.

Gumbie, I am coming at you bro.

IMAGE(http://media.tumblr.com/0809497470ae6a3238196da6b1f826cb/tumblr_inline_mkkdsonPq91qz4rgp.gif)

tboon wrote:

Gumbie, I am coming at you bro.

IMAGE(http://media.tumblr.com/0809497470ae6a3238196da6b1f826cb/tumblr_inline_mkkdsonPq91qz4rgp.gif)

This will probably be my last year. Unless roster rules change (ex. position limits) I'll probably drop out after the season so no one will have to be regulated, or Grump may want to still drop someone down and open two spots?

garion333 wrote:
rabbit wrote:

I apologize, its not a lack of love -- I've had a ridiculous string of problems between work and home. We pulled my daughter out of high school, had two weeks at home with her, then back into a new high school, and travelling all the time in between. Not that it matters (because everyone i drafted originally, practically, is on a bench or in a hospital) but I'll get back on the stick for the end here.

Holy hell, that sounds horrible. Hope it all works out!

Indeed. Thanks for letting us know what was up. Though I'm not really a stickler for a whole lot of detail, at least letting folks know that "stuff is going on and I'm busy, not a flake" is helpful.

Gumbie wrote:

This will probably be my last year. Unless roster rules change (ex. position limits) I'll probably drop out after the season so no one will have to be regulated, or Grump may want to still drop someone down and open two spots?

Well I'm always open to suggestions. What about position limits is bothering you? Hell, I've been at this for like 10 years (or so it feels). If anyone else wants to take over for next year, I'd probably be willing to hand the keys to the kingdom to just about anyone with some credibility. As for relegation, I'll never drop someone down unless it's required to make room for the top two finishers in a lower league.

Grumpicus wrote:

Well I'm always open to suggestions. What about position limits is bothering you? Hell, I've been at this for like 10 years (or so it feels). If anyone else wants to take over for next year, I'd probably be willing to hand the keys to the kingdom to just about anyone with some credibility. As for relegation, I'll never drop someone down unless it's required to make room for the top two finishers in a lower league.

Well our rosters are huge to start with (19) and then since we don't have any limits placed on positions anyone can just load up on WR and RB in the draft. It really kills the wavier wire meta game since most anyone who starts to break out during the year is likely to just be stashed on someone's bench. Also I know injuries can really hurt a fantasy football season but with this format it's even worse because if you lose a high scoring big name player it's almost impossible to have a shot at replacing them since anyone who is even half way decent is stashed on someone's bench. I play in several leagues with different rules and this one always feels like more of a dice roll than anything to do with starting roster or wavier wire strategy.

Disclaimer: I speak only for myself and understand that I may be the only one that has a problem with it.

There are limits on positions, they're just tough to hit.

iaintgotnopants wrote:
84.86 #3 TBA (10-3) vs. #5 Captain Obvious (8-5) 103.32

Both of my other quarterbacks would have won me this game. f*ck you, Andy Dalton.

Thanks, Andy Dalton. I hope you get better soon.

My optimum lineup was 45 points higher than my starters. Always demoralizing.

I agree Gumbie. I would advocate for 15 man rosters.

My team has been pretty fluid this year. I'm still not 100% sure who my starters are going to be tomorrow

Gumbie wrote:

Disclaimer: I speak only for myself and understand that I may be the only one that has a problem with it.

I'm with you 100% on that thought.

Woke up this morning thinking it was a nice run but im about to be eliminated by the best record in div 1.

Im starting to think i may pull off the upset.

Cobble wrote:

Woke up this morning thinking it was a nice run but im about to be eliminated by the best record in div 1.

Im starting to think i may pull off the upset.

Most points across all leagues, and yet I will fall short. You had a monster week, you deserve the victory, good luck!

I was surprised that the matchups aren't reseeded so the #1 gets the lowest seed, but I don't think it would have mattered in my case, as the Chip's Ahoy would have beaten me as well.

I just need three more points to get into D2's Tidy Bowl...and I'll miss the first half of the game tomorrow because I'll be at the theater watching Star Wars. Less stressful, I hope.

Congrats, Sr_Malo, on your victory in D2. Good luck in the championship match.

I thought I had you going into Sunday night, with two ARI WRs against your one and the kicker. It turns out only WRs named Brown were getting touchdowns yesterday.

Was in the semis in all 5 leagues I'm in, losing 4 of them... I hadn't gone worse than 3-2 in any week before this. Sad times.

Evo wrote:
Gumbie wrote:

Disclaimer: I speak only for myself and understand that I may be the only one that has a problem with it.

I'm with you 100% on that thought.

You agree with me or don't agree with me...not sure?

I agree with you, I think the bench is way too large and position caps on draft need to be a bit lower. It was frustrating to have everyone of value sitting on someones bench and trading is pointless/non-existant

Cobble wrote:

I agree with you, I think the bench is way too large and position caps on draft need to be a bit lower. It was frustrating to have everyone of value sitting on someones bench and trading is pointless/non-existant

I like large benches. It rewards preparation since you can actually pick up potential breakout players instead of having to leave them on the waivers and hope that when/if they actually breakout that someone else doesn't beat you to them after the fact.

I like large position caps. I'm in another league where there is a cap of 3 RBs. It is terrible and arbitrary. Being able to just go to the wire and pick up a player nearly as good as the other players on your team basically at any point is dumb.

I disagree that trading is pointless. It should be the main method of getting new players. This was probably my least active trade proposal year, but I still made two trades in keeper this year. It is disappointing that the GWJ leagues aren't more active in trading, but that doesn't mean a rule change is needed, just that people need to be more active.

Speaking of Keeper, looks like we may pull this one out against ukick (gg, though you might pull it out but Antonio Brown is insane) while Bill_Bonney and Elliot have an interesting matchup:

Elliot is up 16 points with Calvin Johnson to play

while

Bill has Drew Brees starting

If Elliot isn't able to pull this out I'll be a bit shocked, but if Brees comes up big tonight then it'll be a great upset because Ted Ginn would've helped Bill pull it off!! Ted Ginn Jr, folks!

Yup I need 10+ points out of Calvin Johnson tonight to win my matches in Dynasty and Keeper. He's supposed to be the biggest stud on both of those teams but yet his consistency has been meh. I can just see him sticking me with a 4 catch 35 yard 7.5 point performance.

I honestly hope you lose because I'd much rather face Bill's team.

To everyone in DII, I don't know why I'm winning either.

Man, if I would have picked one of my WR that did well instead of Amendola I might have got the highest score of the year moola!

JeffreyLSmith wrote:

Congrats, Sr_Malo, on your victory in D2. Good luck in the championship match.

I thought I had you going into Sunday night, with two ARI WRs against your one and the kicker. It turns out only WRs named Brown were getting touchdowns yesterday.

Thanks a lot. Honestly, going into the game, I thought you might have got me too.

UpToIsomorphism wrote:

To everyone in DII, I don't know why I'm winning either.

I feel the same way in D1. First year it's looked like I knew what to do in fantasy football.