Rocket League Catch All

FlamingPeasant wrote:

Take a break, turn off chat, then come back and play with us. Turn off chat. Turn. Off. Chat. It's like asking for youtube comments in your game.

This x1000

I haven't seen "What a save" for 5 years running. While this may have led to maybe 10 goals against because of face off confusion during that same period it is so worth it. Added bonus, you can spam whatever stupid quick chat weekly requirement, get credit for it, and no one actually sees it. I spammed "I got it" this week from the back position and no one was the wiser for it.

Gridiron came back for a weekend but unfortunately I was out of town and missed it that’s a fun game mode with a team. Not as much fun with randos tho.

So far this season I’ve mostly been solo queueing dropshot and having lots of fun. Anyone else here play dropshot much?

I’m a fan of all the alt modes...except rumble

(I’m a broken record) I hope they turn some of these recent limited time modes into new ranked modes but it seems likely they don’t want to split the player base into more playlists. We need a party mode list that throws all the limited modes together or alternates over time.

Broken LOVES Dropshot and would probably like a good partner once in a while. She likes Rumble now and again, too. I like snow day, but she doesn't. We both hate hoops because we're still bad at aerials.

Mixolyde wrote:

Broken LOVES Dropshot and would probably like a good partner once in a while. She likes Rumble now and again, too. I like snow day, but she doesn't. We both hate hoops because we're still bad at aerials.

You can play and win a lot of hoops without aerials but you have to learn wall defense. Although maybe at lower ranks people miss enough it won’t be a problem. Not sure. I made it pretty far in hoops without using boost (so no aerials) but I relied heavily on my wall defense. Each kickoff I went to back wall instead of kickoff. I still can’t defend from the ground (under hoop) well at all. As for shooting in hoops you absolutely do NOT need aerials for that. Soft shots from the ground will get you far in hoops. You kinda don’t want to power shot on that small map anyways. You just need pop shots without flipping.

Snowday is one of my favorite modes but I hate solo queueing it because Snowday players pretty much regardless of rank rotate like bots. It’s hard to find a team of people I know to play Snowday at higher ranks so I haven’t been playing it much. @Dork get your skates!

Wait, I just realized you said you two play dropshot but you don’t do aerials. What the heck is dropshot like without aerials? That sounds crazy.

Well we do aerials, we're just not good at them. I still miss high ones a lot. Broken only goes for low boost shots or flips.

Mixolyde wrote:

Well we do aerials, we're just not good at them. I still miss high ones a lot. Broken only goes for low boost shots or flips.

Yeah that makes sense. I misread what you originally said.

I was curious what dropshot looks like in mid/lower ranks so I loaded up one of my kids accounts and played a couple matches. It was a highly variable skill level of players mashed together in one match. No parties either so it wasn't smurfs carrying their friends. Just a really weird mix of people who don't aerial and people who can air dribble. Maybe it was a weirder mix because the account didn't have a rank yet?

ApparentlyJack does a great job of explaining smart play and decision making in his videos. Leth is a smart player not a flashy player so there is a lot to learn from his playstyle regardless of your mechanics.

This series is great

TFW a game breaking bug happens while you're playing with a dev of the game

IMAGE(https://i.postimg.cc/HWBRCNPP/edited-Inked20210519205006-1-LI.jpg)

pandasuit wrote:

TFW a game breaking bug happens while you're playing with a dev of the game

IMAGE(https://i.postimg.cc/HWBRCNPP/edited-Inked20210519205006-1-LI.jpg)

And the Dev is the guy asking Psyonix for help.

Most people learn how to hit the ball harder and more accurately by playing a lot and intuitively learning what works and what doesn't over time but knowing how the game mechanics involved actually work can accelerate that learning.

Did Anti gif that ricochet shot we scored on last night? I forgot to save the replay but that was fantastic.

Stele wrote:

Did Anti gif that ricochet shot we scored on last night? I forgot to save the replay but that was fantastic.

Unfortunately, no. gif your game hasn't been working for me lately and I haven't spent the time to figure out what's wrong. Need to though. It was fantastic

Today is the day you can log into your old console account and link the DLC you bought there to your Epic account so that you get it on all platforms.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/pr...

Accessing licensed content across platforms requires two steps:
- You will need to link your different platform accounts to your Epic Games account if you haven’t done so already. If your accounts are already linked, you can skip this step.
- Once your platform accounts are linked up, you will need to log into the platform where you own the licensed items once this feature is live on May 24. You only need to do this once. It’s a necessary step so PsyNet can link which DLC your platform account owns to your other accounts.

I assume platform specific stuff like Mario and Luigi hats from Switch still won't cross over?

Stele wrote:

I assume platform specific stuff like Mario and Luigi hats from Switch still won't cross over?

Yeah, it won't and I think the other content won't cross to the Switch either. Party poopers.

FlamingPeasant wrote:
Stele wrote:

I assume platform specific stuff like Mario and Luigi hats from Switch still won't cross over?

Yeah, it won't and I think the other content won't cross to the Switch either. Party poopers.

Truth.

The stuff that came with the game on each platform isn't DLC so doesn't count and that is no surprise. It's just DLC you bought in a platform specific store that counts. Anything that came on a game disc doesn't count either.

It's getting Dork in here...

IMAGE(https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KeenDismalBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif)

Ability to consistently hit power shots from any angle and situation is a clear distinction between ranks. Ability to put that shot where they want so they can score on a defended net or hit a long shot varies even more. When someone asks me to review a replay or give advice on ranking up one of the things I always look at is their power shots (or more often complete lack of).

So you say you want the skyline....

Skyline info

Do you $20 want it because you know it's going to cost some major $$$

pizzaddict wrote:

Do you $20 want it because you know it's going to cost some major $$$

Speaking of which, I got a blueprint for the anime bunny-girl goal explosion. So tempting.

pizzaddict wrote:

Do you $20 want it because you know it's going to cost some major $$$

This. I got Skyline for $1 originally because DLC sale. I bought it just for the wheels but ended up loving the car.

Edit: The blog post says it’s 3 cars for 2400 Credits so more than $20 USD total

Edit edit: You can get each car for 1000 and can upgrade previous purchases for 300 credits. The Nissan now has black wheels which I am tempted to pay 300 for.

But also:

Note: The items included in the Fast & Furious 3-Car Bundle can only be equipped to their respective cars. The Fast & Furious Pontiac Fiero, Fast & Furious Dodge Charger, and Fast & Furious Nissan Skyline cannot be customized with other licensed/third-party item types, but can be customized with non-branded items from Rocket League. Fast & Furious Cars that were previously purchased will also have these restrictions.

^ uh which part of those restrictions? Does that mean I’m no longer allowed to use my white Skyline wheels on Octane? Because that will piss me off.

IMAGE(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1760325922233248457/7641A1EB92DE42748F15A77F904C4CD1199B8E6D/)

Stele wrote:

IMAGE(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1760325922233248457/7641A1EB92DE42748F15A77F904C4CD1199B8E6D/)

Congrats!

The Silversonic Spouse Series is tied at 1 game apiece! Tune in next for more awful aerial action!

"Don't practice your alliteration on me, dear!"

Am I understanding the F&F DLC right? These 3 cars were all $2 each back in 2017-2019. Now they're ~$10 each in credits? or $24-ish if you want them all 3, instead of $6?

Or if you did manage to buy them for $2 each, it's still ~$3 to buy the upgrades?

I haven't paid a ton of attention to DLC lately, but is this what Epic ownership has done to prices for everything?

TFW you open the official Rocket League Twitch stream during RLCS to watch some top level play but they are streaming content creators playing rumble instead

pandasuit wrote:

TFW you open the official Rocket League Twitch stream during RLCS to watch some top level play but they are streaming content creators playing rumble instead :(

Yeah, that wasn't great, but a lot of the exhibition matches were pretty cool. 2v2s, Middle East teams, etc.

FlamingPeasant wrote:
pandasuit wrote:

TFW you open the official Rocket League Twitch stream during RLCS to watch some top level play but they are streaming content creators playing rumble instead :(

Yeah, that wasn't great, but a lot of the exhibition matches were pretty cool. 2v2s, Middle East teams, etc.

Apparently I missed the good ones. 2v2 would have been good. ME is one of the more exciting regions and I can’t wait to see Sandrock compete on the world stage one day.