Vermintide 1 + 2

Jow wrote:

What's the consensus on Winds of Magic now? Steam reviews are still not good, saying essentially weaves are a total waste of time and the Beastmen add difficulty but little else.

Anyone still playing? I picked this game up long after the initial buzz died down and the friend group I played with petered out after about 25 hours... I really miss it.

I've never seen the Vermintide community as disengaged and uninterested as they are now, so that's probably a bad sign. I still think the Cataclysm difficulty is pretty good, and the beastmen are OK, but they have a few things that are not particularly well balanced. They definitely add more than difficulty, but they are far from perfect. The new weapons are pretty good. As for the new "weaves" game mode, it didn't hold my interest for long. Some folks are playing the weaves, but they don't seem that popular overall. The new map in Winds of Magic ended up being a bit disappointing, too.

The community is still pretty negative on Winds of Magic. I don't entirely agree with that, but I'm not especially positive on it either. The game in general is in a bit of a "needs new content" lull — most of the really big players I know have petered out, and the activity level is way down on the major Discords.

That said, smashing rats and stuff is still fun. If you don't play 40 hours a week and get all wrapped up in the end-game nonsense it's still a pretty enjoyable game.

I'm bopping around on PS4 now, so I can play with my girlfriend. WoM hasn't dropped for that yet. I also had a big gap between when I last played so stuff is fairly refreshing.

Picked this up to play with a buddy during this coronavirus craziness. Any tips for a newbie? So far I kinda prefer the Witch Hunter guy or the Elf girl.

Always be moving, and dodging. Enemies take extra damaged when staggered, so pushing if youve got spare stamina is great. Save your stuff that can open at level 300, for later
(or at least ration them so they just dont give you whites).

Witch Hunter is prob my fave, but his VA grates on my nerves, haha. I've been enjoying the pyromancer a lot lately. Kirrilian is fun but reminds me of that kid in high school that would get that one word stuck in their head and say it constantly.

Spoiler:

m a y f l i e s

I just picked this up on PS4. It was never even a blip on my radar which is criminal as it looks awesome. I aim to get some time in tomorrow once work is in my rear-view. I'm really interested to give it a whirl!

Hit me up if you need company RnR.

I've been playing this pretty consistently with a buddy. We can handle Veteran no sweat (well, until we try to get a Grimoire, in which case we get stomped ) but success on Champion is proving elusive.

I've been playing Wayfinder Kerellian almost exclusively, but also enjoy Hunter Kruber. Longbows all the way!

RnRClown wrote:

I just picked this up on PS4. It was never even a blip on my radar which is criminal as it looks awesome. I aim to get some time in tomorrow once work is in my rear-view. I'm really interested to give it a whirl!

I also picked it up fairly recently, I have it on PC so if it's cross platform co-op, let me know if you want to join up!

Neutrino wrote:

if it's cross platform co-op

Unfortunately, it is not. The systems don't work exactly the same way on each platform, and consoles are usually several patches behind the PC version.

I'm in on Vermintide 2 on PS4, cracking deal at £7.99 that I had to capitalise on the other day. It looks like a lot of fun & a good bunch of us seem up for some co-op

BushPilot wrote:
Neutrino wrote:

if it's cross platform co-op

Unfortunately, it is not. The systems don't work exactly the same way on each platform, and consoles are usually several patches behind the PC version.

Ah that's a shame but thanks for letting me know.

On sale on Xbox for $7.49. Still a community playing? AI bots as teammates if not?

Picked this up for PS4, the premium edition. I wanted to get a taste for this series before the new 40K flavoured one, Dark Tide, comes out.

I've only played a few sessions on the beginner difficulty. It's fun... there's a lot of flailing around. A LOT of flailing around actually, haha. I guess this will change and people's play will become more considered once the difficulty is cranked up.

Big game, big footprint on the HDD. Seems to be a ton of content. But there's still a decent community around it and it is just some simple, dumb fun.

It's been over a week since I bought this. I'm having a pretty good time. There is a very healthy online community as matchmaking is very speedy and I'm finding groups for Recruit and Veteran missions without any hassle.

The game has really got a great jump in, jump out loop: pick a character, jump into a mission with randos, have a good time for 15 minutes, return to base, collect objective rewards and open some sweet chests. Rinse and repeat. It's really simple on nearly every level but it works!

After dicking around with Gruber the merc, I think I've found my home with the elven archer. Archery feels really good. I was afraid it'd be really cumbersome.

Maclintok wrote:

It's been over a week since I bought this. I'm having a pretty good time. There is a very healthy online community as matchmaking is very speedy and I'm finding groups for Recruit and Veteran missions without any hassle.

The game has really got a great jump in, jump out loop: pick a character, jump into a mission with randos, have a good time for 15 minutes, return to base, collect objective rewards and open some sweet chests. Rinse and repeat. It's really simple on nearly every level but it works!

After dicking around with Gruber the merc, I think I've found my home with the elven archer. Archery feels really good. I was afraid it'd be really cumbersome.

I probably played my first 70 hours exclusively as Waystalker Kerillian. Making headshots with that longbow just feels sooooo good. Huntsman Kruber's bow is similarly effective, but feels slower.

Right now though I'm all aboard the Zealot Saltzpyre train with axe'n'falchion.