Splatoon 1 & 2

I got enough matches in to make Champion! Had fun, but there was a run of matches in there where we just got decimated by Squid teams. Though a few games at the end of the night where Octo had the upper hand was enough to brighten my mood.

I definitely haven't played this game enough. Keep getting distracted by other games. I think buying it on cartridge was a mistake - would probably play more if I didn't have to swap Zelda out every time. But I've rediscovered it now and am happily working through the single player when I'm not getting thrashed in Turf War.

ActualDragon wrote:

I think buying it on cartridge was a mistake - would probably play more if I didn't have to swap Zelda out every time. But I've rediscovered it now and am happily working through the single player when I'm not getting thrashed in Turf War. :-D

Same. I did it to save on Amazon and since I had never played the first. But I've loved the heck out of this thing. Sometimes considered double dipping with digital so I could play more

Stele wrote:
ActualDragon wrote:

I think buying it on cartridge was a mistake - would probably play more if I didn't have to swap Zelda out every time. But I've rediscovered it now and am happily working through the single player when I'm not getting thrashed in Turf War. :-D

Same. I did it to save on Amazon and since I had never played the first. But I've loved the heck out of this thing. Sometimes considered double dipping with digital so I could play more

This probably isn't going to help the situation, but I picked it up digitally and that's working very well for me. It's a game that I generally play for short sessions (i.e. when my children are asleep so I don't have to worry about having to disconnect) so being able to jump in and out of the game is great.

I don't know if this happened in other regions, but in Europe Splatoon 2 was about 33% off in a post-E3 eshop sale, based on its link to Smash Bros. Could be that they'll do something like that again around Smash's actual release?

Looks like the next Splatfest is going to be announced soon, at least in Europe anyway. I'll put it in spoilers because this comes from data mining. (I didn't know Splatfests were leaked that way but apparently they are.)

Hopefully this will be the theme outside of Europe too, it'd be nice if we could all compare notes again.

Spoiler:

Splatoon 2 - Splatfest Europe - Adventure v Relax

What's the best way to spend your holidays? On a grand adventure? Or chilling out on a relaxing getaway?

Announce Time: Sat, 8/11, 3:00 AM GMT+1

Start Time: Sat, 8/18, 3:00 PM GMT+1

End Time: Sun, 8/19, 3:00 PM GMT+1

Result Time: Sun, 8/19, 5:00 PM GMT+1

It looks like that leak has turned out to be accurate so the Adventure v Relax Splatfest should be starting in Europe tomorrow.

Chances are this next leak is accurate too and America will be getting the Fork v Spoon Splatfest soon.

IMAGE(https://files.oatmealdome.me/bcat/images/2056.PNG)
(Start: 8/25/2018, 5:00:00 AM. End: 8/26/2018, 5:00:00 AM)

I dunno about this round of themes... I guess the fact that the last one was worldwide and for the anniversary made it more impressive by default.

Anyone think they'll join in for either?

Anyone not signed up for Nintendo’s online service? I haven’t yet.

jrralls wrote:

Anyone not signed up for Nintendo’s online service? I haven’t yet.

I haven't because I don't feel I need to yet. I probably will when Smash comes out.

May do it in a few weeks to play some MK8D, but if I wait until Smash comes out, I don't feel like I'll be missing a lot.

IMAGE(https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Splat2-Splatoween-575x300.jpg)

There's a Halloween-themed Splatfest running from the 19th to the 21st. Looks cool, I might try to take part in this one.

Stevintendo wrote:

IMAGE(https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Splat2-Splatoween-575x300.jpg)

There's a Halloween-themed Splatfest running from the 19th to the 21st. Looks cool, I might try to take part in this one.

I'm planning to try to hop in on this one as well, since I started up the online service which makes me feel like I should play games online to get my money's worth. Even if I'm on the free trial.

I somehow forgot that the Splatfest was this weekend... I had planned on joining in cause it looks like a fun theme, but I'm deep into a fun quest in Skyrim now so not sure I can tear myself away... :/

Tough times...

Anyone playing in the Splatfest? My team has lost most of the games I’ve played in and I’ve had the high score which doesn’t seem to bode well (team Trick).

I've had a few games on Team Treat where it looked like we were going to be routed but mounted a solid comeback to win it. Probably a bit over 50% wins in a dozen or so matches today.

Made my way up to Champion on Team Treat. I think we were just over 50% wins as well today.

I’m new to Splatoon. What’s Splatfest and what does it offer different than the normal game?

Thanks,
Chad

chooka1 wrote:

I’m new to Splatoon. What’s Splatfest and what does it offer different than the normal game?

Thanks,
Chad

In terms of gameplay it's exactly the same. The difference is that you choose to join one of two factions (in this case, trick or treat) and all your wins and losses will be counted as wins and losses for your faction.

You also rise up the ranks within you faction based on how much you play/win, meaning your title gradually changes till you get to the highest rank. The better your title, the better the rewards you get after Splatfest finishes. You'll also be dressed like everyone else in your faction, and the whole game's aesthetic changes based on the theme.

Sometimes it's just region exclusion and sometimes it's in multiple, or even all, regions. So occasionally you'll see a European like me post about a Splatfest that isn't happening in the US.

And the music changes, and it pretty cool.

Also you get a splatfest t-shirt the entire week leading up to the weekend battle. The cool part with it is that it only costs 2000 to reset the powers on the shirt instead of the usual 20,000. So splatfest week gives you a cheap way to farm powers to use on other more permanent clothes.

Stele wrote:

Also you get a splatfest t-shirt the entire week leading up to the weekend battle. The cool part with it is that it only costs 2000 to reset the powers on the shirt instead of the usual 20,000. So splatfest week gives you a cheap way to farm powers to use on other more permanent clothes.

I never noticed that! Good tip!

Team Trick seems pretty screwed. Had a couple of game’s with 1400p and we still lost. Some of the maps looked clearly 3/4 painted by my team at the end. It we still lost somehow. Don’t want to blame a bug, but....

It seems like we just had a splatfest, but now we have Salsa Vs. Guacamole coming this weekend for North America. Not sure about the rest of the globe.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/09...

Man, I love guac, but if you had to live without one you couldn't get rid of salsa. That's just not fair.

Looks like a Splatfest coming. I just signed up for Online because of that other game*, so this is fine.

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuLu2ZCU0AAiFTS.jpg)

* NES Ninja Gaiden tomorrow, what did you think I was referring to?

Have many people picked up the Octo Expansion? Any possitive or negative reactions? It's on sale in Europe at the moment.

I enjoyed the single player content in the main game, but it took me a few months to get through it. On the one hand, it never held my attention for very long, but in the other, I always came back to it eventually. I especially liked how every level had two collectibles to find, that was a big plus for me.

I've been waiting for a sale. Hopefully NA matches

I just dipped back into the Octo Expansion around holiday time. That the Breath of the Wild folks contributed to level designs shows. As for how it is... I feel like it's a lot more reflex-based than the game's base levels. They're mostly shorter trials with more specific focus, but that focus can make for a greater challenge. You don't need to play all 70 or 80 levels to complete the Octo Expansion, but... well, that's a lot of extra content, isn't it?

I mean, I'm looking to eventually finish it just so I can play as an Octoling, so...

ccesarano wrote:

I just dipped back into the Octo Expansion around holiday time. That the Breath of the Wild folks contributed to level designs shows. As for how it is... I feel like it's a lot more reflex-based than the game's base levels. They're mostly shorter trials with more specific focus, but that focus can make for a greater challenge. You don't need to play all 70 or 80 levels to complete the Octo Expansion, but... well, that's a lot of extra content, isn't it?

I mean, I'm looking to eventually finish it just so I can play as an Octoling, so...

I went for it! Even if I take my time working through it, it's still worth it. I like the sound of shorter and more focussed challenges. Seems like that'd suit the "play it in short bursts" approach that I took to the main single player content. I didn't know that there was a BOTW connection either!

I really, really wish this game's motion controls had separate X and Y axis sensitivities.

...It was also revealed that the last Splatfest will take place in July 2019...

I don't know why, but it really surprised me to read that we're counting down to the last Splatfest of Splatoon 2!

Stevintendo wrote:

...It was also revealed that the last Splatfest will take place in July 2019...

I don't know why, but it really surprised me to read that we're counting down to the last Splatfest of Splatoon 2!

Me too! Are they that expensive to do?