Halo: Master Chief Collection Catch-All

*Legion* wrote:

And The Library!

...

*projectile vomits*

JC wrote:

Ugh... The flood. Hopefully the graphic upgrade makes them more tolerable.

Hey, the reveal of the Flood scared the holy hell out of me back in the day. Not particularly awesome enemies, but, wow, freaked me out at the time. I can't wait to terrify my kids with that level.

Probably picking this up at Target's Buy 2, Get 1 tomorrow, but I don't know how much MP I'll play. It's the nostalgia for SP that's hitting me with this.

Spoiler:

Although I do wish it had Reach.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
JC wrote:

Ugh... The flood. Hopefully the graphic upgrade makes them more tolerable.

Hey, the reveal of the Flood scared the holy hell out of me back in the day. Not particularly awesome enemies, but, wow, freaked me out at the time. I can't wait to terrify my kids with that level.

There was one level that felt just like walking through a haunted house. I was creeping around as tense as if I was really there.

CptGlanton wrote:

Probably picking this up at Target's Buy 2, Get 1 tomorrow, but I don't know how much MP I'll play. It's the nostalgia for SP that's hitting me with this.

Spoiler:

Although I do wish it had Reach.

Actually, Reach and ODST would make for killer DLC later. Maybe they will drop that as we get closer to Halo 5.

I love how horrible the Flood seemed at first, those little balloon guys... and then you realize later that on anything south of Legendary you can walk over them like bubblewrap.

The Xbox Twitch channel is showing off Halo 5, and showed off a bunch of "Spartan Abilities" (thruster pack, sprint, ground pound, slide, etc)

The chat room is furious. Zero positive response. Nobody excited.

It's hard not to feel similarly. It feels like a bunch of full speed sprint-y COD spaz movement, and not that deliberate pace that really defined Halo as Halo.

Hooray for the Master Chief Collection. That said, I'll still probably like Halo 5 more than most other shooters, so I am looking forward to getting some beta time.

Updating...

And I'm in!

"Halofest" is showing the first episode of Nightfall...I think.

EDIT: and whatever else they feel like showing.

Watched about ten minutes of Nightfall. Then it started buffering a lot. Then stuttering and finally the screen went black. Honestly, that was the best part of the show.

faide wrote:

Watched about ten minutes of Nightfall. Then it started buffering a lot. Then stuttering and finally the screen went black. Honestly, that was the best part of the show.

Yeah, I could tell from the opening shot that I was going to hate it. I lasted about 10 minutes. When will the people making these things realize that a bunch of vague platitudes about battle and honor coupled with close-ups of people staring bleary-eyed off into the distance =/= emotion. Give us some characters to care about!

Halo (1) still has one of my favorite maps, Sidewinder.

Alright so it sounds like if you can make it beyond the first episode of Nightfall, the second episode is much better, at least according to Jeff Cannata.

I have not touched multiplayer (or anything yet) this morning, but it sounds to me like MP MM was suffering from long wait times and party splits last night. (And if you haven't already read, there were other issues earlier regarding certain playlists.)

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/71...

A 15GB day one update awaits! Launch, my comrades!

Well, apparently, UPS left my copy in Harrisburg, PA. I'll get it tomorrow, hopefully.

The menu system is great, I love how unified everything is, particularly emblems and controller schemes. Of particular note for your playing pleasure --- "X = set for all games."

Two of the audio clips during cutscenes flat-out did not fire... so character's lips flapped, but no sound.

Halo 1's campaign feels a little weird because it is so smooth, actually. Everything feels a bit too fast, a bit too light.

Also of note - Difficult to go from Destiny to Halo. That could prove to be a problem for one of the two of them.

It's funny how little it takes to get goosebumps during this stuff.

Confirmed on the MP wait times. I'm sitting here ready to play and it can't find me a game. :/

I'm determined to beat all 4 games at legendary difficulty level. This could take a while.

JC wrote:

I'm determined to beat all 4 games at legendary difficulty level. This could take a while.

I believe I will as well. I did 1 and 2 but bailed on 3 somewhere and never attempted it on 4.

I sat for 2 hours waiting for the patch to finish and finally gave up. 4 hours of sleep is tough enough. Really frustrating to buy the digital version so that it would be pre-downloaded only to have to sit through a patch.

ColdForged wrote:
JC wrote:

I'm determined to beat all 4 games at legendary difficulty level. This could take a while.

I believe I will as well. I did 1 and 2 but bailed on 3 somewhere and never attempted it on 4.

I've done all four, and I've always loved doing this. Can't wait to do it again, but it might have to wait until Destiny is a bit more behind me.

In order, they are this difficult, in my opinion:
2 (hardest, I'm looking at you "Jackal Sniper Alleyway" and "Weird Room That You Spawn In Thanks To Gravemind.")
1 (A couple tight spots. Could never get through the library without dying at least once.)
3 (Remember this the least.. I want to say that there's some open battlefields that suck on this one.)
4 (actually fairly easy, all things considered.)

MountaineerWR27 wrote:

I sat for 2 hours waiting for the patch to finish and finally gave up. 4 hours of sleep is tough enough. Really frustrating to buy the digital version so that it would be pre-downloaded only to have to sit through a patch.

I did a midnight launch for Dark Souls 2 and took the following day off. Never again. They didn't turn the servers on until midnight Pacific (!), and then had spotty uptime the first couple days.

Maybe I'll consider taking a Wednesday or Friday off the next time I'm that excited for a game, but no more midnights. Even in a digital world where I don't have to go to a store, I'm not altering my sleep pattern on the hope that everything will be smooth from the very first moment.

Ughhhhh. That first pylon after you land on halo with the wave assaults. Kicking my ass on legendary.

MountaineerWR27 wrote:

I sat for 2 hours waiting for the patch to finish and finally gave up. 4 hours of sleep is tough enough. Really frustrating to buy the digital version so that it would be pre-downloaded only to have to sit through a patch.

That's just cruel and unusual punishment that is. Retail, I understand, but not the digital.

Bwahaha! Fedex didn't fail me today. Now I just have to decide between this, CoD, and Rocksmith with my also-arrived DAC. Choices choices!

I was seriously considering getting an Xbox One at $350 for this game, or perhaps asking for it for Christmas. I was disappointed however by what Eurogamer's Digital Foundry had to say about split-screen co-op.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...

In short: It starts off a bit jerky in Halo: CE and gets worse with each incarnation, cumulating and in a nigh-unplayable Halo 4 split-screen experience.

I'd be interested to here if people who are playing the game feel the same way. Digital Foundry can be a bit picky, I've noticed, since that's kind of their job.

Purchased this digitally. It's amazing the premium I am willing to pay to not have to worry about a disk now. I debated going to Target to pick up this and Sunset Overdrive with something free but I'm just not willing.

MisterStatic wrote:

Purchased this digitally. It's amazing the premium I am willing to pay to not have to worry about a disk now. I debated going to Target to pick up this and Sunset Overdrive with something free but I'm just not willing.

I'm in the same boat, although I haven't bought anything yet.

Any chance they removed swipe-sniping from Halo 2? I'm guessing no, but a man can dream.

The upgraded cutscenes for halo2 are amazing. Especially when you switch to the original on the fly. Just wow.