Marvel Media (Spoiler Thread)

Badferret wrote:

Thinking more about the episode, I don't think we can rule out that Sharon is the Power Broker. She has done very well for herself for someone on the run, and her statement to her assistant about having a couple of big problems would make sense in that scenario.

I think it's possible. But it's really Mephisto. Or Ralph Bohner.

I see the plot holes now that y'all are pointing them out to me, but I didn't see them in the moment. I was too busy being enthralled by Zemo's cold logic, Sam struggling with his place in a society that would f*ck over Isaiah like that, Bucky being drawn back into violence even as he tries to process all the terrible things he's done....

Spy thrillers often leave me cold, but this doesn't. A tight plot with no holes is a nice-to-have, but I'm willing to forgive a lot when I like the characters and their emotional arcs so much. Those are the stories I care about, not the details of the plot.

Did they retcon Zemo?

I remember him being a broken, out-in-the-cold former intelligence agent dead-set on avenging his family. Now he's Bruce Wayne?

Do you think they cut a trailer every time the date changes?

I am just glad she is finally getting her own movie.

Stealthpizza wrote:

I am just glad she is finally getting her own movie.

Sure, give the movie to the dead woman.

I'm most looking forward to seeing David Harbour ham it up onscreen.

After the end of this week's show, I added another series to my wish list. A series around the Dora Milaje, the female special forces guards of Wakanda's royalty.

Can't see it happening any time soon after Boseman's death, but it could be an interesting story.

Ayo from the end of this week's episode:

And with Okoye, you've already got Danai Gurira as an actress who is used to being the lead on a series.

Ryan Coogler is making a D+ Wakanda series after Black Panther 2. Curious if they’re laying the foundation already?

PaladinTom wrote:

Ryan Coogler is making a D+ Wakanda series after Black Panther 2. Curious if they’re laying the foundation already?

I'd either forgotten that or it was in my subconscious when I thought of my above post.

Probably both.

PaladinTom wrote:

Did they retcon Zemo?

I remember him being a broken, out-in-the-cold former intelligence agent dead-set on avenging his family. Now he's Bruce Wayne?

He never had much backstory outside of "dead family, former special ops", so it was never clear either way; he was basically the driver of the plot in Civil War, and I always felt that character was under-served and hoped they'd get more screen time. Now that he is, I really, really like Zemo, and the little bits of humanity he shows really add a lot. The goofy little dance he did at the party for a second just added so much to his character.

MannishBoy wrote:

Do you think they cut a trailer every time the date changes?

Less impressed with this trailer. It felt a bit dull but maybe that is just fatigue at it being so long. Glad they are going to release it finally.

I enjoyed ep 3. This is a series where the story runs over the course of the short season so I would not call this filler. It had a lot of world building. I would not call world building plot holes either unless I misunderstand what someone is saying back there. These series are giving us a taste of how society is handling the reverse blip. The locations, the people, the agencies.

We do see a bit of new Cap getting stresses because he does not have the same respect as old Cap. I do think it is wack that Cap is running all over the globe - I mean, the Avengers are gone right? So not sure why he is getting all this access everywhere.

I expect Zemo to get over on them but I do think they are doing a good job of fleshing out the character. Also enjoyed seeing Sharon kick arse but yeah there is definitely more going on with her. The Power broker must be someone we know and she is working for them is my guess.

Did anybody else think "language!" when John Walker cussed?

"That's not going away any time soon..."

even after death!

Nevin73 wrote:

I'm most looking forward to seeing David Harbour ham it up onscreen.

Check out Extraction.

PaladinTom wrote:

Ryan Coogler is making a D+ Wakanda series after Black Panther 2. Curious if they’re laying the foundation already?

I completely misread this and thought “wow, bit early to give it a sarcastic grade”

farley3k wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

Do you think they cut a trailer every time the date changes?

Less impressed with this trailer. It felt a bit dull but maybe that is just fatigue at it being so long. Glad they are going to release it finally.

I'm utterly underwhelmed by the action scenes, as much as I want to see how well they use Taskmaster. However, the "family" scenes that have been seen show promise.

The part where Taskmaster uses the sword to guide his path down the free-falling debris? That looks like Grade-A USDA Approved Prime Action right there. Imma eat it up!

Still looks action packed enough for me.

Also, new Loki trailer dropped. Still looks real fun.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/fIfaA5E.jpeg)

karmajay wrote:

Also, new Loki trailer dropped. Still looks real fun.

That looks wonderful. I really hope it is great.

farley3k wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/fIfaA5E.jpeg)

Rick Astley once opened for 311, but only on the condition that they refrain from playing their 1995 hit single.

Blues Traveler was on that tour. They invited Astley to sing guest vocals on their 1994 hit single, but he declined.

He cooked them dinner to apologize, but refused to serve sweets after the meal.

Loki looks patently insane and hilarious, and can't want for time-travel shenanigans where they bounce through the back side of all sorts of MCU scenes from the bast. Curious how using the Timekeepers will lead into the next Ant-Man and the Wasp, which is introducing Kang.

This tonedeaf asshole right here:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/MX1odoB.png)

This line whizzed right by me, I needed it pointed out to me. Now I hope Isaiah Bradley personally wrecks his sh*t.

hbi2k wrote:

This tonedeaf asshole right here:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/MX1odoB.png)

This line whizzed right by me, I needed it pointed out to me. Now I hope Isaiah Bradley personally wrecks his sh*t.

?
I don't get it.

But yes, more Isaiah.

Rat Boy wrote:
karmajay wrote:

Also, new Loki trailer dropped. Still looks real fun.

That small amount of paper can't be all that Loki has ever said. He's Loki. He talks. Constantly.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Loki looks patently insane and hilarious, and can't want for time-travel shenanigans where they bounce through the back side of all sorts of MCU scenes from the bast. Curious how using the Timekeepers will lead into the next Ant-Man and the Wasp, which is introducing Kang.

Is it bad that every time in see that name... I think the bad guy from ninja turtles... IMAGE(http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/krangandshredder.jpg)

I just have no frame of reference for Kang... I know nothing about his motivations, existence or tie ins... Sometimes just watching the 90s marvel cartoons as a kid isn't enough I guess.