Marvel Media (This is the spoiler thread, Q-Stone - You're welcome)

After looking at the WandaVision font, I think the rumors about it being set in a world Wanda creates that's like an idealistic 50's is probably right. Looks like car fonts or sign fonts from that period.

IMAGE(https://www.cinepremiere.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/WandaVision.jpg)

Stele wrote:

Not sure about the bumping. At the end of the panel, right before Blade was introduced, they definitely mentioned Captain Marvel 2. So it's still coming, maybe a part of this phase even, they just weren't ready to preview it.

Nope, sadly, as planned the Comic-Con announcements are complete Phase 4, although things can change.

MannishBoy wrote:

After looking at the WandaVision font, I think the rumors about it being set in a world Wanda creates that's like an idealist 50's is probably right. Looks like car fonts or sign fonts from that period.

IMAGE(https://www.cinepremiere.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/WandaVision.jpg)

Begin rank speculation. Not an exact copy obviously, but maybe something inspired by the Tom King run.

MrDeVil909 wrote:
Stele wrote:

Not sure about the bumping. At the end of the panel, right before Blade was introduced, they definitely mentioned Captain Marvel 2. So it's still coming, maybe a part of this phase even, they just weren't ready to preview it.

Nope, sadly, as planned the Comic-Con announcements are complete Phase 4, although things can change.

What the hell? I want Guardians 3. And they left Thor in place to be in that movie. How the hell are they doing Thor 4 without getting him from A to B?

I’m hoping Snipes gets a cameo in the new Blade. I didn’t really read any of the comic books but is Blade in the standard Earth 616 Marvel timeline or is he separate?

Stele wrote:
MrDeVil909 wrote:
Stele wrote:

Not sure about the bumping. At the end of the panel, right before Blade was introduced, they definitely mentioned Captain Marvel 2. So it's still coming, maybe a part of this phase even, they just weren't ready to preview it.

Nope, sadly, as planned the Comic-Con announcements are complete Phase 4, although things can change.

What the hell? I want Guardians 3. And they left Thor in place to be in that movie. How the hell are they doing Thor 4 without getting him from A to B?


Guardians 3 is waiting on James Gunn to finish Suicide Squad 2.

TheGameguru wrote:

I’m hoping Snipes gets a cameo in the new Blade. I didn’t really read any of the comic books but is Blade in the standard Earth 616 Marvel timeline or is he separate?

Same universe as everyone else, though he's British. A bunch of vampires are in Britain in 616 that don't show up elsewhere, kinda like how X-Men and Avengers share a universe but don't interact all that often.

mudbunny wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:

For those who aren't into comics, Jane Foster became Thor for several years, and it was absolutely goddamn amazing, and is one of the best comic runs of the last five years. If they can grab any of the magic of that run, I'm completely on board for this.

Spoiler:

Wasn't part of that where she had cancer, and the more time she spent as Thor, the sicker she got?

Yup.

TheGameguru wrote:

I’m hoping Snipes gets a cameo in the new Blade.

Who says Snipes can't be cast as Whistler this time around?

Stele wrote:

How the hell are they doing Thor 4 without getting him from A to B?

Spaceships?

Yep, Thank Mike Cernovich for getting James Gunn a second major superhero project.

I'm mixed on what was announced, but overall very excited.

I could care less about Black Widow and Shang-Chi, which means those'll turn out to be my faves. I know nothing about The Eternals and have zero expectations so we'll hopefully get a crazy fun cosmic movie akin to the first Guardians.

Never saw Blade and never really dug vampires. Can't stand Wesley Snipes though but I'd watch anything Merhershala Ali does.

Thor is easily what I'm looking forward to most. I hope Banner gets a cameo somehow. They can handwave the end of Endgame away with a single line to the effect of, "I got tired of being the captain so I left Peter Quail in charge."

The big surprise for me is that they're taking their time with their billion dollar movies: Guardians, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther.

I'm also pretty excited for the Disney+ shows - yes, even ArrowGuy. I guess I'm in the minority that I want to see more of the newer Avengers now that the originals have moved on.

Wait.. the villain in Black Widow is going to be the Taskmaster?!

I am a bit more interested now.

Mantid wrote:

Wait.. the villain in Black Widow is going to be the Taskmaster?!

I am a bit more interested now.

Rachel Weiss is Taskmaster?!? Awesome!

Kurrelgyre wrote:
mudbunny wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:

For those who aren't into comics, Jane Foster became Thor for several years, and it was absolutely goddamn amazing, and is one of the best comic runs of the last five years. If they can grab any of the magic of that run, I'm completely on board for this.

Spoiler:

Wasn't part of that where she had cancer, and the more time she spent as Thor, the sicker she got?

Yup.

Also, I think we can skip the spoilers on comic runs that are several years old. Yes, one of the fundamental conceits of that run is Jane Foster has cancer and is undergoing chemo, and every time she transforms into Thor her godlike powers mean she is immune to poison. Chemotherapy effectively being poison, her transformations literally start killing her, and how she deals with that is a big part of the emotional weight of the story.

It's absolutely great. That being said, it's probably not likely to carry into the movie, as I have a hard time imagining how you'd deal with something like that in a sensitive manner in the MCU.

Did they ever show how she got the hammer off of the moon?

Based on the title, I think they will tie Shang-Chi back into the real Mandarin and the Ten Rings and skip the whole Fu-Manchu is my dad from the comics.

Probably for the best.

Maybe Ben Kingsley was really the "REAL" Mandarin after all.

Hemidal wrote:

Based on the title, I think they will tie Shang-Chi back into the real Mandarin and the Ten Rings and skip the whole Fu-Manchu is my dad from the comics.

Probably for the best.

Maybe Ben Kingsley was really the "REAL" Mandarin after all. ;)

Yeah... except they have already annouced that Tony Leung Chiu-wai has been cast as the real Mandarin.

Reading is optional...

...I opted not to, apparently.

For those of you with any doubt.

Grenn wrote:

For those of you with any doubt.

I had always hoped Trevor had an unknown identical twin. Dreams crushed.

Kind of an odd question here, but what was up with the Black Dahlia references in Spiderman: Far From Home?

It seems like a really strange and inappropriate reference for what is basically a family movie.

polq37 wrote:

Kind of an odd question here, but what was up with the Black Dahlia references in Spiderman: Far From Home?

It seems like a really strange and inappropriate reference for what is basically a family movie.

I just thought it was a reference to how the movie MJ has a lot of varied and "weird" interests. i think Peter says that is one of the reasons he likes her.

karmajay wrote:

I just thought it was a reference to how the movie MJ has a lot of varied and "weird" interests. i think Peter says that is one of the reasons he likes her.

Well, yeah, I get that. They pretty much stated that explicitly in the film. But using one of the most notably unhinged torture/murder/body desecrations in American history is a really weird way to make that point.

Pretty common for cartoons and kid shows to have adult references. They will go over the kids heads for the adults to catch. Then like in this case most people will not care how gruesome the event was or will be able to tell you anything except the most basic info on it unlike something like 911 that is still fresh in people's minds. For example no one batted a eye on the civil war reference in civil war or the multiple sex references in loony toon cartoons.

Grenn wrote:

For those of you with any doubt.

Is that Terry Tate??

polq37 wrote:
karmajay wrote:

I just thought it was a reference to how the movie MJ has a lot of varied and "weird" interests. i think Peter says that is one of the reasons he likes her.

Well, yeah, I get that. They pretty much stated that explicitly in the film. But using one of the most notably unhinged torture/murder/body desecrations in American history is a really weird way to make that point.

PG13 not PG

Baron Of Hell wrote:

Did they ever show how she got the hammer off of the moon?

She asked Heimdall to send her to it and he did.

Oh the old ask Heimdall ploy. Thanks.

I just got an ad for exciting new super hero art for a specific room in your house from Chinese site Ali Express (excuse the DC pics):

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1fIaHdRGw3KVjSZFDq6xWEpXa0.jpg)

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1bVuAdUGF3KVjSZFmq6zqPXXa9.jpg)

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1m4SCdUuF3KVjSZK9q6zVtXXar.jpg)

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB17COzdL5G3KVjSZPxq6zI3XXaz.jpg)

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1r6incAxz61VjSZFrq6xeLFXaD.jpg)

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1YqiAdUKF3KVjSZFEq6xExFXaA.jpg)

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1k3GJdRCw3KVjSZFuq6AAOpXaZ.jpg)

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1SWCAdLWG3KVjSZPcq6zkbXXaC.jpg)

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1DzOzdMaH3KVjSZFjq6AFWpXaQ.jpg)

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1CxKJdG5s3KVjSZFNq6AD3FXai.jpg)

Hulk SPLASH!

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

Hulk SPLASH!

I'm going to have to go with HULK SCAT.