Marvel Media (This is the spoiler thread, Q-Stone - You're welcome)

SPOILER WARNING: Video contains EXCLUSIVE leaked footage of Spider-Man: Far From Home.

lunchbox12682 wrote:

I'll bring up with what I discussed with my wife.
Yes, the trailer looks awesome and where the MCU might be going is exciting.
Except, it's Mysterio. The entire trailer could be a fake out. Maybe Fury isn't really even in the movie; it's just Mysterio in blackface (not cool Gyllenhaal).

It goes deeper than that. In the first scene Mysterio shaves, wait, what's that? It's not Gyllenhaal, it's Toby McGuire!

Bam, live action Spiderverse starts up.

karmajay wrote:

I'm glad I have no idea who Mysterio is. I feel it would be detrimental to watching the movie.

Spiderman punched him a bunch in the latest game, that's all I really know.

Clearly the filmmakers know that we know the Mysterio is a villain. So maybe they’ll make him a good guy. But they also know that we might guess that he’s a good guy, so they’ll really make him a villain. But since they know that we know that they know that we know...

PaladinTom wrote:

Clearly the filmmakers know that we know the Mysterio is a villain. So maybe they’ll make him a good guy. But they also know that we might guess that he’s a good guy, so they’ll really make him a villain. But since they know that we know that they know that we know...

They surprised me with the Skrulls.

It's a multiverse! There are two Mysterios: one good, one bad; Mysterio, and Mysterio, Jr. The wrestler.

But how many health bars does each Mysterio have?

ClockworkHouse wrote:

It's a multiverse! There are to Mysterios: one good, one bad; Mysterio, and Mysterio, Jr. The wrestler.

IMAGE(https://cdn3.whatculture.com/images/2019/04/b57ac4316ec419af-600x338.jpg)

From Wrestlemania 35 in April.

lunchbox12682 wrote:
ranalin wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:

I'll bring up with what I discussed with my wife.
Yes, the trailer looks awesome and where the MCU might be going is exciting.
Except, it's Mysterio. The entire trailer could be a fake out. Maybe Fury isn't really even in the movie; it's just Mysterio in blackface (not cool Gyllenhaal).

In the comics he starts out bugging Spider-man to be a good guy and it goes downhill from there till he's a villain.

Fair enough. At this point, my main Mysterio memory is the

Spoiler:

Guardian Devil

storyline.

woof. I'm sorry. There's a storyline I regret being excited about.

oilypenguin wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:
ranalin wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:

I'll bring up with what I discussed with my wife.
Yes, the trailer looks awesome and where the MCU might be going is exciting.
Except, it's Mysterio. The entire trailer could be a fake out. Maybe Fury isn't really even in the movie; it's just Mysterio in blackface (not cool Gyllenhaal).

In the comics he starts out bugging Spider-man to be a good guy and it goes downhill from there till he's a villain.

Fair enough. At this point, my main Mysterio memory is the

Spoiler:

Guardian Devil

storyline.

woof. I'm sorry. There's a storyline I regret being excited about.

Whatever. I liked it well enough. Of course, I'm a DD fanboy, ex-Catholic, and grew up on Kevin Smith movies... yeah I'll stop defending it now.

lunchbox12682 wrote:
oilypenguin wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:
ranalin wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:

I'll bring up with what I discussed with my wife.
Yes, the trailer looks awesome and where the MCU might be going is exciting.
Except, it's Mysterio. The entire trailer could be a fake out. Maybe Fury isn't really even in the movie; it's just Mysterio in blackface (not cool Gyllenhaal).

In the comics he starts out bugging Spider-man to be a good guy and it goes downhill from there till he's a villain.

Fair enough. At this point, my main Mysterio memory is the

Spoiler:

Guardian Devil

storyline.

woof. I'm sorry. There's a storyline I regret being excited about.

Whatever. I liked it well enough. Of course, I'm a DD fanboy, ex-Catholic, and grew up on Kevin Smith movies... yeah I'll stop defending it now.

Oh no, I'm not criticizing. I was all about it at the time for similar reasons. My mistake was re-reading it recently.

oilypenguin wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:
oilypenguin wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:
ranalin wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:

I'll bring up with what I discussed with my wife.
Yes, the trailer looks awesome and where the MCU might be going is exciting.
Except, it's Mysterio. The entire trailer could be a fake out. Maybe Fury isn't really even in the movie; it's just Mysterio in blackface (not cool Gyllenhaal).

In the comics he starts out bugging Spider-man to be a good guy and it goes downhill from there till he's a villain.

Fair enough. At this point, my main Mysterio memory is the

Spoiler:

Guardian Devil

storyline.

woof. I'm sorry. There's a storyline I regret being excited about.

Whatever. I liked it well enough. Of course, I'm a DD fanboy, ex-Catholic, and grew up on Kevin Smith movies... yeah I'll stop defending it now.

Oh no, I'm not criticizing. I was all about it at the time for similar reasons. My mistake was re-reading it recently.

Yeah, it hasn't rolled over again to being amusing like Silver age Marvel DD and FF and similar.

Stele wrote:

Finally watched the new Spider Man trailer. I love every bit of it.

On the one hand, I viewed Endgame as kind of the end of giving a crap about long form superhero films and TV.

But I also already have bought tickets to see the new Spiderman film, which is essentially a one off, but is clearly using the extended universe to tell the story. But it looks like a great film on its own. Really looking forward to a lot of Favreau in this.

lunchbox12682 wrote:

I'll bring up with what I discussed with my wife.
Yes, the trailer looks awesome and where the MCU might be going is exciting.
Except, it's Mysterio. The entire trailer could be a fake out. Maybe Fury isn't really even in the movie; it's just Mysterio in blackface (not cool Gyllenhaal).

And this is why I could care less about these extended universes. That's not a fun way to think about a movie franchise. It's an exhausting and frustrating way to think about them.

Vargen wrote:

But how many health bars does each Mysterio have?

That health bar Mysterio gag was the best thing in that game, gave me a great laugh anyway.

America's treasure
*Chris smiling in various scenes

[waits patiently for the America's ass clip video]

It really is America's ass

IMAGE(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/40/cb/b040cb4819a63d347b74e2723da46a44.gif)

This is the scene where we are supposed to understand how Banner became "Professor Hulk"? 1:12 of a 180 minute movie?

They may as well have said "A wizard did it"

farley3k wrote:

This is the scene where we are supposed to understand how Banner became "Professor Hulk"? 1:12 of a 180 minute movie?

They may as well have said "A wizard did it"

Don't take this the wrong way, but you might be really bad at watching films.

I can see the confusion. They left out the bit at the end where Hulk dabs.

farley3k wrote:

This is the scene where we are supposed to understand how Banner became "Professor Hulk"? 1:12 of a 180 minute movie?

They may as well have said "A wizard did it"

What's your complaint? That it's too short?

Do you remember how long the scene was in Avengers where Banner explains how he learned to control the Hulk transformation? 10 seconds.

Would you be happier if he said Dr. Strange did it? The guy is a literal wizard.

Jayhawker wrote:
farley3k wrote:

This is the scene where we are supposed to understand how Banner became "Professor Hulk"? 1:12 of a 180 minute movie?

They may as well have said "A wizard did it"

Don't take this the wrong way, but you might be really bad at watching films.

But that's basically what they did; "who would have thought 18 months of some sort of gamma therapy explained in a single line of dialogue could wave this entire subplot aside".

It wasn't wrong, they had too. I don't think the movie had room for Banner to go through that particular growth arc onscreen with everything else the movie had to go through.

Actually, I'm wondering if they had to put the Hulk into the film at all.
Except for the funniest scene in the movie, where the Hulk is embarrassed of his past self, every other scene could have been played with regular ruffalo without an ounce of CGI.

5 years passed. People changed.

We didn't even get a scene explaining why Nat stopped dying her hair blonde.

Quintin_Stone wrote:

5 years passed. People changed.

We didn't even get a scene explaining why Nat stopped dying her hair blonde.

I want a two part Infinity War/Endgame sized movie about Ronin. When did he get all those tattoos? How is he good at swords? Does he still use a bow and arrow in those 5 years?

Quintin_Stone wrote:

5 years passed. People changed.

We didn't even get a scene explaining why Nat stopped dying her hair blonde.

But to be fair, I don't think she ever explained why she started dying it blonde to start. We don't get closure at either end.

And why is Nat's hair still blonde at the ends? How slowly does her hair grow, anyway?

Hobbes2099 wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:
farley3k wrote:

They may as well have said "A wizard did it"

Don't take this the wrong way, but you might be really bad at watching films.

But that's basically what they did; "who would have thought 18 months of some sort of gamma therapy explained in a single line of dialogue could wave this entire subplot aside".

It wasn't wrong, they had too. I don't think the movie had room for Banner to go through that particular growth arc onscreen with everything else the movie had to go through.

Actually, I'm wondering if they had to put the Hulk into the film at all.
Except for the funniest scene in the movie, where the Hulk is embarrassed of his past self, every other scene could have been played with regular ruffalo without an ounce of CGI.

I think this gets at my issue. We got a lot of confilict with Banner and the Hulk. The scene with the scepter on the helicarrier in A1, the scenes where Banner talks about how he felt trapped inside Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok, and the scenes were he couldn't transform in A3.

I wanted to say "where Hulk wouldn't come out in A3" because up to A4 Hulk seemed to be a different person. A living entity with its own motivations and desires - especially in Ragnarok - but in A4 it seemed to be saying that wasn't true. It was just a ...personality? that could be dissolved by a few months of work. This is despite the speeches by Banner about how he had worked to control Hulk in A1 when he meets Natasha. So we can't really talk about Hulk as a unique entity after A4 it was just a .... delusion of Banner?

Perhaps you are right Hobbes, and they had to do it. There was just too much otherwise but that doesn't mean it was an elegant way to explain a fairly big thing in the movies.

Why don't we ever see anyone going to the bathroom.

I think it's fair to being up as they did spend a lot of time setting it up with no real pay off. But it wouldn't fit in Endgame.