Marvel Media (This is the spoiler thread, Q-Stone - You're welcome)

There were many big grin face moments, but my favorite was

Spoiler:

Steve and Sam at the end. I really hope the next Cap movie is in the works.

Stele wrote:

Thought we covered the run pee app a long time ago. Maybe in the general movies thread. Oh well.

It also helpfully tells you if and when credit scenes are, which has been important in the last few Marvel movies

It was a great app but I guess they had problems generating money because they seem to have switched to a weird pay model.

Anyone come across a good spoiler heavy review? Really something more like a TV episode recap? I won't be seeing this until it's on disc or TV, so I just want to know everything that happened.

Reddit is a sure bet, but I don't have a link.

Also, did anybody else catch the Joe Russo cameo?
edit:

Spoiler:

Another also: Since the movie ends 5 years in the future (well, 4 years from now if you count from 2018's Infinity War) can we expect the next Avengers movie will arrive in 4 years?

BadKen wrote:

One thing that put a big grin on my face was WOMAN SQUAD assembling at a critical point in the big battle!

Agreed, it really showcased how Marvel has put a huge emphasis on equality in recent years, but I look forward to a time when it doesn't seem necessary. It won't be "Now it's the girls' turn!", it'll just be "the superheroes working together."

I hope these words convey my intent, I've had 2 cups of coffee.

Nevin73 wrote:
Stele wrote:

Thought we covered the run pee app a long time ago. Maybe in the general movies thread. Oh well.

It also helpfully tells you if and when credit scenes are, which has been important in the last few Marvel movies

It was a great app but I guess they had problems generating money because they seem to have switched to a weird pay model.

Yeah some kind of tokens or tickets now. You can see credits info for free but have to use a ticket to see pee breaks.

But they give you a couple free to start. And I thought you got a free one every month or for clicking an ad or something? I haven't used it in a while but I thought it seemed fair when they announced it.

cheeze_pavilion wrote:

Anyone come across a good spoiler heavy review? Really something more like a TV episode recap? I won't be seeing this until it's on disc or TV, so I just want to know everything that happened.

The Movie Spoiler has a comprehensive write-up.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
cheeze_pavilion wrote:

Anyone come across a good spoiler heavy review? Really something more like a TV episode recap? I won't be seeing this until it's on disc or TV, so I just want to know everything that happened.

The Movie Spoiler has a comprehensive write-up.

Oh, that's perfect! Thanks!

That's my go-to site for movies I want to spoil myself on for whatever reason. They've got great summaries for just about everything.

Running Man wrote:

There were many big grin face moments, but my favorite was

Spoiler:

Steve and Sam at the end. I really hope the next Cap movie is in the works.

Spoiler:

Aren't Sam and Bucky going to have a show on the new Disney streaming service? Seems like I read that somewhere, and after the events of the movie, I'm more excited for it than I was.

Edit: Yes.

I liked it and the expected body count was reached, but i still wish it was Rogers instead of Stark.

So we getting a third season of Agent Carter?

Went to a 12:30 AM showing because sleep is for suckers. It was good, but it was a lot to process. They had to cram so much into the movie, it's difficult to make it all shine. But they did an admirable job of it.

Another little summation of the Marvel Universe movies - spoilers for the movies before endgame but maybe a nice watch if you haven't seen all the films.

Avengers: Watch This Before You See Endgame

https://youtu.be/_4zczrxuCjY

Running Man wrote:

Also, did anybody else catch the Joe Russo cameo?

No, but it was nice to see Yvette Nicole Brown.

I didn't like Captain America's final scenes. Loved the Thor stuff - finally, I can see myself in that character! And adored the "I knew it!" moment. He was just being nice in Ultron.

There's missteps, but it's a real fun time at the movies.

Also: Korg! Everything'sbetter with Korg.

Alien Love Gardener wrote:
Running Man wrote:

Also, did anybody else catch the Joe Russo cameo?

No, but it was nice to see Yvette Nicole Brown.

Russo was the man in the support group talking about his date.

This character is also the first openly gay character in the Marvel movies. I've seen a few articles refer to him as the first openly gay character in the MCU, but I thought there were gay characters in the Netflix shows, although not many.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
Alien Love Gardener wrote:
Running Man wrote:

Also, did anybody else catch the Joe Russo cameo?

No, but it was nice to see Yvette Nicole Brown.

Russo was the man in the support group talking about his date.

This character is also the first openly gay character in the Marvel movies. I've seen a few articles refer to him as the first openly gay character in the MCU, but I thought there were gay characters in the Netflix shows, although not many.

Oh, cool. That was one of my favourite moments in the movie - it's one of the few times where they actually give a moment to the real human cost to the snap that's not focused on the main characters.

Hell with it. I found a Fandago gift card and ordered from home. 11:30PM tonight. I'm going to go take a nap now. Catch you guys on the other side.

Loved it.

Spoiler:

Question - who was the random dude standing behind the Guardians at the funeral? I didn't recognize him.

There was a lot less Captain Marvel than I expected. That's about the only thing I was disappointed in.

Spoiler:

IIRC, it was the kid who bonded with Tony when he was stranded in the midwest (?) in Iron Man 3

Nevin73 wrote:

Loved it.

Spoiler:

Question - who was the random dude standing behind the Guardians at the funeral? I didn't recognize him.

There was a lot less Captain Marvel than I expected. That's about the only thing I was disappointed in.

My same question and my same disappointment. I found the whole thing a very fitting cap on the end of so much. It was certainly long and crammed a lot in, which left it feeling sorta scattered at times but I loved a lot of the tying off and torch passing.

My favorite line - spoilered just in case:

Spoiler:

We’ll be okay. You can rest now.

I loved the signature tribute credits.

The whole thing felt like a celebration and an honoring of the decade it took to get here.

Confirming that mudbunny's answer is correct. I looked up the actor on IMDB, the credits match.

Just got out of it. I cried. And peed a little.

Grenn wrote:

Just got out of it. I cried. And peed a little.

It's not healthy to hold it that long.

*edit - Also, that was so awesome.

So amazing. What a ride.

Definitely some tears. Whew.

The one thing I knew was coming, not so much.

Spoiler:

Tony

The other thing that hit me out of nowhere but they telegraphed and had so much build up, damn. Damn. I was not ready for that.

Spoiler:

Nat

Wow.

Deep thoughts about the aftermath:

Spoiler:

I have begun to realize how much worse the Avengers have made everything (at least for Earth). All of a sudden they add back in 3.5 billion people to the population, not counting the inevitable population boom that would have occurred after the first snap. There would have been is at least half the food production for five years and infrastructure would have deteriorated where it could not support that number of people. That's not even addressing the social issues of people who had moved on with new spouses or the issues of new property ownership. Huge amounts of unemployment, starvation, and social strife would most likely result.

Stele wrote:

The other thing that hit me out of nowhere but they telegraphed and had so much build up, damn. Damn. I was not ready for that.

Spoiler:

Nat

Wow.

Yeah.

Spoiler:

So I'm guessing the Black Widow movie will be a prequel?

Nevin73 wrote:

Deep thoughts about the aftermath:

Spoiler:

I have begun to realize how much worse the Avengers have made everything (at least for Earth). All of a sudden they add back in 3.5 billion people to the population, not counting the inevitable population boom that would have occurred after the first snap. There would have been is at least half the food production for five years and infrastructure would have deteriorated where it could not support that number of people. That's not even addressing the social issues of people who had moved on with new spouses or the issues of new property ownership. Huge amounts of unemployment, starvation, and social strife would most likely result.

I didn't even get that far. Just Peter Parker's scene rubbed me the wrong way.

Spoiler:

Seriously did his entire school get dusted? After 5 years no one would go back to high school. They should have just had a scene with him and Ned back at his apartment or something.

I guess at least all the main Spider-Man characters got dusted, assuming Far From Home isn't pre Infinity War.

I assume Far From Home ends with him on the bus in Infinity War, but that's my speculation.

Did I miss it or was there no real send off for Nat? I guess the discussion on the doc?

After seeing Endgame, I decided to rewatch Iron Man. If you have the means, I highly recommend this.