Survival and Apocalypse Catch-All

FedoraMcQuaid wrote:
Prozac wrote:

I can't find this on google play. anyone have a link for getting this on android?

http://www.rebuildgame.com/games/reb...

It's actually only $0.99 today: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...

Yeah it's part of the Because We May sale until June 2.

Probably should play the free flash one a couple times and see if I like it before shelling out a buck.

Man, the hours I've put into this it's well worth a buck.

Yeah, I got it for my Fire and I think it's the game I've played the most on there.

First of all I want to say thank you for this list. I found the better survival games via this page. I'm playing Last Stand Dead Zone on FB now. It's actually a pretty good game...

Maybe you can expand the list with Cataclysm: A zombie survival Roguelike? Sorry, I couldn't find the homepage. The game is like Rogue Survivor, but it's open source. It's much larger, with more items, actually just a step higher on the ladder than Rogue Survivor. If you don't mind the graphics, give it a shot.

http://whalesdev.com/wiki/index.php?...

And what about the game Undead Labs is developing, called "Class 3" ? It's an online game (probably for xbox) where you survive in a zombie infested world. I think it's the logical developing reaction to the mod for ArmA2: DayZ.That game sells 5 times as much because of that zombiemod. Haven't had the priviledge to playing that mod yet so can't really give my opinion about that mod.

http://undeadlabs.com/class3/

Then there is also this game called "Zafehouse". They are working on a second version of the game called Zafehouse : Diaries. The first one was actually pretty good. You bunker down in a town infested with zombies. Scavenge for food, supplies and survivors. Fight of the hordes until you are rescued. Pretty fun for a couple of hours.

http://www.zafehouse.com/

That's all I can think of now. I've played so many survival games I can't even remember all of them. It's hard to find good ones though. Especially involving zombies.

Ferocious wrote:

Maybe you can expand the list with Cataclysm: A zombie survival Roguelike? Sorry, I couldn't find the homepage.

You mean this? The closest thing I could find was the devblog.

http://cataclysmrl.blogspot.ca/

Looks like a pretty neat game. There are a couple of lets plays on youtube already.

Tamren wrote:

You mean this? The closest thing I could find was the devblog.

http://cataclysmrl.blogspot.ca/

Looks like a pretty neat game. There are a couple of lets plays on youtube already.

Yeah it is a fun game. Hard as hell too. The world is enormous. Only downside is that there are no vehicles to be repaired or anything. Apart from that, this might be the most realistic zombie survivor game I ever played.

The only fact I don't like about any zombie survival game there is today, is that there is no escape... I mean, you can't really begin reforming civilisation or anything. I don't mean curing the disease (maybe) but you should be able to clean out areas and secure them. In the games today, a safehouse is most of the time just a boarded up place. So games like this become boring after a while. They should make survival games like "The Walking Dead" series. Where you camp in the woods, hoping you won't get attacked. Take care of your survivors. Search for anything you need. Repair vehicles and get on the move. Go to the coastline and fix up a boat, hoping it can carry all the survivors and supplies, or you might need to leave someone behind. Then get the hell out of there, giving you a sort of new chapter (randomly generated) when you arrive at the next location. You should fix radio's to find broadcastings about where there might be a safezone occupied by the army. Your whole goal should be to get out of the freaking mess. If there is no way to find a safezone, you should be able to make your own. After all, that's what would happen in real life.... Everyone would look for a place they can sleep easily without two eyes wide open. Games like this have NEVER been made. Maybe because it's too ambitious? I don't know... Was thinking about writing a gamingscript for a game like this, but I don't know anything about development.

Nvm, after re-reading what you wrote I misunderstood you.

Here is a video for State of Decay.

As a heads up Neo Scavenger is now on steam greenlight
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...

Higgledy wrote:

Here is a video for State of Decay.

I'm torn. Part of me says: "Cool! And it has vehicles!"

The larger part of me says: "I'm officially sick of zombie games."

edit: And now I've read more about it, I'm interested. Sounds like they're really trying something new. Too bad about not launching with co-op, though.

Google's 25 cent sale features Rebuild today. Turn-based strategy set in the zombie apocalypse. I haven't played it yet, but the fact that is mentions actual endings *yay!* instead of just 'play until you inevitably die' means I will.
Main sale page

Rebuild is a steal at that price. I've probably played it as much as the rest of the games on my Android combined.

It's really good and has a lot of replayability as well

Doh. Nevermind. I see Rebuild deal has already been posted.

I thought I had this thread in my recent posts but I must have missed it.

Anyway, played Rebuild on my phone finally yesterday. Well worth the quarter.

Sadly I didn't know what trusty things you could keep at the start were, so I kept binoculars. Imagine my surprise when I searched and found out I could keep a dog! Now I have to play again.

Tokyo Jungle fits perfectly. Congrats on your first entry in the thread, Japan.

I will be updating this page.

1) Go over existing titles listed at the top. Update games with 'where they are' stuff.
1.5) Add sequels to existing titles.
2) Add a few titles to the coming soon section.
3) And I'm stating all this in type because I'm a f**king procrastinator.

I suppose you could count Minecraft as a sort of survival game, although you'd probably want to use the survivalism mod or something.

Stranded II is also a survival game; it starts out very hard and gets easier as you develop skills (like fishing and construction).

Itsatrap wrote:

I suppose you could count Minecraft as a sort of survival game, although you'd probably want to use the survivalism mod or something.

Stranded II is also a survival game; it starts out very hard and gets easier as you develop skills (like fishing and construction).

That will be added to the list. Thanks!

Just updated 10 entries with some bits of info and art and added two games to the list: Die2Nite and A Valley Without Wind 2.

I can't recall if I'd added this previously, but I recommend checking out Urban Dead. As a text-based MMORPG, it requires some imagination, but the mechanics are very interesting. There are skill trees for a couple different human classes as well as for zombies, and developer Kevan Davis has fun with the emergence of mechanics. One thing to note: you're allowed 60 action points renewed at one-per-half-hour increments, and 160 server accesses per 24-hour period.

I liked a couple of Firefox add-ons that added some updated UI elements, but I haven't kept up with that in years. Urban Dead is still going strong, and can be legitimately dire if not viscerally (though there are moments when you're low on AP/server hits and you're in the middle of an unsafe area).

Edit: For the "interesting mechanics" bit, consider I just hopped in and I'm dead (again). I'm looking for a revive point (a metagame enabled by the game's wiki). I happened across a building with some graffiti (which humans can use to leave notes of whatever content they like) partially obscured. By gore. The zombies can graffiti the graffiti. Mmm, tasty.

muraii wrote:

I can't recall if I'd added this previously, but I recommend checking out Urban Dead. As a text-based MMORPG, it requires some imagination, but the mechanics are very interesting. There are skill trees for a couple different human classes as well as for zombies, and developer Kevan Davis has fun with the emergence of mechanics. One thing to note: you're allowed 60 action points renewed at one-per-half-hour increments, and 160 server accesses per 24-hour period.

I liked a couple of Firefox add-ons that added some updated UI elements, but I haven't kept up with that in years. Urban Dead is still going strong, and can be legitimately dire if not viscerally (though there are moments when you're low on AP/server hits and you're in the middle of an unsafe area).

Edit: For the "interesting mechanics" bit, consider I just hopped in and I'm dead (again). I'm looking for a revive point (a metagame enabled by the game's wiki). I happened across a building with some graffiti (which humans can use to leave notes of whatever content they like) partially obscured. By gore. The zombies can graffiti the graffiti. Mmm, tasty.

Just added. Yup, I've played the game. I wound up being murdered by another player I think and I was dead-dead not walking around dead.

tanstaafl wrote:

Oh, now it gets added... ;)

What?! Hold on, hold on. *shuffles papers* I'm sure that form you sent is on my desk somewhere. *shuffles some more* Ah, here it is. *reads shuffled papers* Yup. Uh huh. Hmm. You don't say? Well, there's the problem. You forgot to sign Form 321A and attach it to this request.

Rebuild is amazing. (well for me)

Infernarl wrote:

Rebuild is amazing. (well for me)

Make sure to play Rebuild 2 and yes, Rebuild is amazing. It's amazing the tension and horror they were able to evoke.

Well the version on Android (ios too?) is Rebuild 2, but just named Rebuild. Good stuff.

May have to finally try Rebuild. I think I have the Chrome app/extension for it, but never really did anything with it. I assume the iPhone is a good format for the game.

Last year I tried World of the Living Dead, and while it was interesting, it felt overly cumbersome. I bet it's very different today.

If you can't get Rebuild to work in Chrome you can always try Armor Games or Kongregate (I think).

(Stupidz.)