Crusader Kings II Sparkle Pony-all

tboon wrote:

(when, really, they always seem to go pear-shaped ).

You aint just whistlin' Dixie friend.

"Revolt Risk: 2%" == "May the humors rot in your living body!"

I also love that you can grant someone a county, and instantly they desire the duchy. Greedy bastards.

Thanks for the thoughts guys!

Any chance you could increase your demesne size allowable - better steward perhaps, or marriage to someone with better skills ?

I'd also be tempted to get rid of the Galician holdings. There is usually a bit too much going on down there for me to keep track of (which looks like being the case in your game as well, considering the map you show), and it's just that bit further away.

davet010 wrote:

Any chance you could increase your demesne size allowable

Already had my best steward, and already married the highest stewardship princess available. Good thoughts though! This particular ruler grew up outside my control, so he's kind of weak. My dynasty is full of mid twenties diplomacy and stewardship when they're under my tutelage.

Post Mortem:

So I granted out four of the six counties one each. I gave the duchy to the weakest one, and kept the two best for myself.

I gifted and honorary titled the Duchess of Galacia, found the Duke of Toledo really just wanted control of a barony in Toledo (so I gave it to him), and quickly pressed a dejure claim for the third. Net result was no revolts, and only outlaid about 200 gold.

I now have ~12k troops in personal levies across six counties, and over 130k troops in my realm. I have already taken counties back from England, and expanded Galacia at the expense of the French, all while fighting Iberian Muslims for my allies. I'd say things worked out pretty well.

Wow! Nice going there!

New dev diary. Liege levies and retinues. Interesting stuff, we shall see how well it actually works. Looks like a big change to the game.

Okay current status as Poland.

I have been chipping away at Cumania, they got revolt crazy all the time so it has been easy to pick off a county or two here and there. At one point Cumania was absolutely huge but they have revolted down to reasonably size.

The best part is that my Heir is heir to both Poland and Norway. So I believe I will get them both here pretty soonish (current ruler is 46).

I also get Casus Belli occasionally on the northeast side of my realm, which I try to always take advantage of.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/GZpk1.png)

I actually just finished playing a session and I WISH I had taken a screen shot because some how an Islamic ruler got the throne of Aquitaine and then conquered almost all of France.

Then there was a big crusade and France mostly came back. It did afford me a chance to take Brittany as the King of Ireland though.

Tanglebones wrote:
Kier wrote:
LilCodger wrote:

oh, and I'm a dwarf.

Also, now you know how Tyrion felt.

Do you have access to a snarky swordsman and a copious quantity of wildfire?

Barring that, perhaps a giant, a Spaniard, and a supply of Iocaine powder.

Sota wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:
Kier wrote:
LilCodger wrote:

oh, and I'm a dwarf.

Also, now you know how Tyrion felt.

Do you have access to a snarky swordsman and a copious quantity of wildfire?

Barring that, perhaps a giant, a Spaniard, and a supply of Iocaine powder.

That would be inconceivable!

How's this for post 1000...

IMAGE(http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/apspittles/Screenshots/2012-09-30_00001.jpg)

Um... wait... What?

And I have no choice in the matter.

IMAGE(http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/apspittles/Screenshots/2012-09-30_00002.jpg)

Gee... I don't know, how could she Spurn your subtle advances... DAD!

Prozac wrote:

Gee... I don't know, how could she Spurn your subtle advances... DAD!

ICK! Man, game forced incest?

Ehh, she's one of those crazy and sexeh Dutch.

A few beers, a little schmoke and you never know what's going to happen.

On the upside, my Duke of Meath is now feeling slightly less awkward about having nailed his daughter-in-law...

Tenebrous wrote:
Prozac wrote:

Gee... I don't know, how could she Spurn your subtle advances... DAD!

ICK! Man, game forced incest?

There are a few game options where the character's traits remove the ability to resist. The game also does not check for consanguinity in the seduction events.

Despite what Game of Thrones would have you believe, incest was relatively rare historically. It was a great thing to accuse your enemies of, though.

You're never too old to come sit on daddy's lap!

I'm excited. A series of Welsh queens is about to accomplish for me what I haven't been able to do in a few runs through -- the Empire of Brittania. My queen of Wales, Ireland and Scotland just usurped England and bribed her way to succession law change so that she could keep it. I think I need to more counties.

The weird part -- I just usurped the Kingdom of England from the King of Castille. Wales vs. Castille for the fate of the empire seems an odd matchup for the 1100's.

Gremlin wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:
Prozac wrote:

Gee... I don't know, how could she Spurn your subtle advances... DAD!

ICK! Man, game forced incest?

There are a few game options where the character's traits remove the ability to resist. The game also does not check for consanguinity in the seduction events.

Despite what Game of Thrones would have you believe, incest was relatively rare historically. It was a great thing to accuse your enemies of, though.

See Anne Boleyn.

Tenebrous wrote:
Gremlin wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:
Prozac wrote:

Gee... I don't know, how could she Spurn your subtle advances... DAD!

ICK! Man, game forced incest?

There are a few game options where the character's traits remove the ability to resist. The game also does not check for consanguinity in the seduction events.

Despite what Game of Thrones would have you believe, incest was relatively rare historically. It was a great thing to accuse your enemies of, though.

See Anne Boleyn.

The notion that we'd have Anne Boleyn as a node in our Drupal entertains me.

wordsmythe wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:
Gremlin wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:
Prozac wrote:

Gee... I don't know, how could she Spurn your subtle advances... DAD!

ICK! Man, game forced incest?

There are a few game options where the character's traits remove the ability to resist. The game also does not check for consanguinity in the seduction events.

Despite what Game of Thrones would have you believe, incest was relatively rare historically. It was a great thing to accuse your enemies of, though.

See Anne Boleyn.

The notion that we'd have Anne Boleyn as a node in our Drupal entertains me.

It was suppose to be the wikipedia entry.

Well, she was really pretty in Tudors.

Final dev diary before Legacy of Rome and the 1.07 patch is released next week. A few more tidbits about playing as Byzantium.

Legacy of Rome comes out tomorrow. I can't keep up with this game anymore.

garion333 wrote:

Legacy of Rome comes out tomorrow. I can't keep up with this game anymore. ;)

Amen, especially in this season of great new games that rhyme with flexflom.

This game is still great, it sucks that it's on the shelf of games I'll play when I have a free life.

Also, those Tyrion comments a page back were pure gold. See what I did there?

Squee9 wrote:

This game is still great, it sucks that it's on the shelf of games I'll play when I have a free life.

Indeed.

Patch 1.07 out now. Started a new Ireland game, and the only thing I've noticed thus far is that the options for the Spymaster now have changed 'set up spy network' to 'scheme', which not only has a chance of setting up a network, but also of influencing people to and from your faction.

Guess I better read up on factions then

Oh, and the new DLC is advertised within the banner as you start the game (on the main map scheme), but does not appear to be on the Steam store yet. Which means it's probably hiding somewhere, plotting....

davet010 wrote:

Oh, and the new DLC is advertised within the banner as you start the game (on the main map scheme), but does not appear to be on the Steam store yet. Which means it's probably hiding somewhere, plotting....

Maybe you need a better spymaster?

It's my wife. She's a 19. She's cruel. You can tell her

OK, so Steam put up a CKII collection (everything sans Legacy of Rome) up at 75 percent off. The price of individual parts is over 21 euro, the price of the collection is 49,99. Go figure.

Did you mean "210 Euro" above?

Robear wrote:

Did you mean "210 Euro" above?

No, that's the point

Steam still says:

Crusader Kings II Collection
Price of individual games: 21.93 euro
Bundle cost: 49.99 euro

I thought they understand how these sales work

That's some weird kind of math - gotta be mis-marked, right?

IMAGE(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/281072/ck2-new%20math.png)

Semi-tannhausered but I have pics.

Also, you can get *everything* CK2-related for $37.35 individually. The $49.99 collection does not include everything.

I know Paradox trailers tend to be pretty useless, but I thought this one gives a good, quick overview of the changes in the expansion.