Announcing: GWJ SolForge Tournament VI: Mono-Faction Mayhem!
Let's keep the momentum going... or at least get it back?
Again keeping things kinda simple:
* All Legendary cards are banned (ie. Unlegendary format).
* All decks must be one faction/color.
Since I feel kinda bad for how lopsided the Legendary tournament felt, I want to bring down the cost and power level a notch for this tournament. We also haven't run a mono-faction tournament yet, so I feel like it's time we gave that a shot.
Signups are now open here (Use the 05/2015 Tournament tab). I will close down signups on 5/08/2015 and we will start the tournament on 05/15/2015. This should give everyone ample time to craft any cards they want and to field test their decks.
- This will be a swiss tournament consisting of (# of Participants/2) rounds.
- In the event we have less than 5 participants, this will become a round robin tournament.
- Each matchup will be determined from a best of five games.
- Participants should try to have their matchup completed within 2 weeks. Repeated failure to comply with this rule will result in players being blacklisted from the next tournament.
- If all matchups are completed before the 2 week deadline, we will start the next round ahead of schedule.
- Asynchronous games are allowed, but live games are the preferred manner of play. It is up to the opponents in each round to agree on how they wish to play their match.
- Please do not change your deck between games with your current opponent.
- See above for a list of deck construction restrictions.
- See below for a list of specific banned cards
- Signups are in the Solforge GDoc
- The bracket will be administered via Challonge, please make sure you have an account there and list it when signing up
- Tournament will start on 05/15/2015.
- Top/first name in each pairing should send the invite/challenge for each round.
- Each participating player will receive a Legendary card chosen at random from my personal pool of sharable cards.