I can't count the reasons I should stay, One by one they all just fade away. Community S6! #andamovie

manta173 wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:
manta173 wrote:

Which would make my wife even less interested I think... lol

The only RPG I've ever played with my wife is Fiasco; it's about as non-trad an RPG you can find.

Yeah it's not the theme alone... it's the very idea of thinking as if you were someone else, or just trying to determine what a character would do in a certain situation.

Yeah, that's the part I didn't really like. Even in Fiasco. But I still had fun because it was a good group of people. Still, I prefer not having the pressure of "being the game" rather than just playing it.

Yeah... at this point NBC Universal and Sony don't have much reason not to: NBC has had no winners in the sitcom space this year, and Sony has already started seeing a flow of syndication money. The movie part about this story is what really interests me, I can't imagine how you would translate the world of Community into a 1.5 hour finale. Either way, go team!

Thank you, Community, for providing a great Venture Bros episode during that show's interminable hiatus. I'm not being sarcastic.

That was great.

I didn't laugh at this episode so much as I giggled the entire time. So very awesome.

Yeah it wasn't super hilarious, but it was still great. I wish they'd just forget tying it into a story and go all out crazy with it. I'd rather see a Cobra vs. GI Joe (or Jobra) story than one about Jeff taking crazy pills because he's old - which is totally out of character for him.

cheeba wrote:

Yeah it wasn't super hilarious, but it was still great. I wish they'd just forget tying it into a story and go all out crazy with it. I'd rather see a Cobra vs. GI Joe (or Jobra) story than one about Jeff taking crazy pills because he's old - which is totally out of character for him.

I agree with this. My only disappointment was that the "story" they shoehorned in there was lame. Totally unnecessary. Could have just had Winger wake up in his apartment, having fallen asleep watching Adult Swim or something.

Yeah, the hospital part was a bit odd, but everything before that. Pitch Perfect.

Also the 40 thing really makes all the Jeff-Annie relationship a lot creepier, nearly doubling the age difference we thought was there.

But yes the GI Joe parts were awesome. Giggling with glee over here too. Even the commercial bits were great.

They talk about this episode a bit in the beginning of the new Harmontown, and play the recording Harmon made of the GI Joe song with lyrics about this eps director (and close Harmon friend/partner in crime) Rob Schrab. Hilarity, I tell you.

Yellek was kind of annoyed by this episode, on the heels of the D&D episode. They were both kind of inside jokes that she didn't really get. But me, I played D&D and I watched all of GI Joe back in the day.

COBRALALALALALALA!

Seems like a good setup for the finale, but Jeff and Britta again? But once again, John Oliver steals the show at the end.

We need animated gifs of Annie, Abed, and the Dean doing their treasure dance.

Definitely my least favourite episode of the season (other than John Oliver at the end). When your season is only 13 episodes long, it seems like a waste to use an entire episode as a set up, especially one as lacklustre as this one was. Everything just seemed so ... off.

On the other hand, buried treasure makes me think of

Spoiler:

pirates and pirates make me think of Troy. Hmm...

I thought they were going for a Goonies vibe early on when Abed mentioned treasure. I mean that's how you save your home from greedy developers, with pirate treasure, right?

I do wish they could have put the two episodes back to back for an hour long broadcast. Probably would flow better that way.

I loved it. Subway cult FTW!

I thought it was kind of hit & miss. Some genuinely laugh out loud moments, but bringing up the whole Jeff/Annie/Britta triangle again just to go nowhere with it?

Thought jacking

This was much much better than last week's. A good season ender and, if necessary, a reasonable ending to the entire show.

Q_S:

Spoiler:

I felt the opposite way about Jeff/Britta/Annie. They made it pretty clear that Jeff realized it's Annie he's got the strong, passionate feelings for. And Annie clearly loves Jeff. During season 6, I imagine they'll deal with that.

#sixseasonsandamovie!

Yup, loved it. Loved them "singing" to Dave Matthews at the end too.

Did like how the Board members mentioned how they have names now.

cheeba wrote:

Yup, loved it. Loved them "singing" to Dave Matthews at the end too.

Yeah a lot of setup for that last week. Really the two episodes both probably work better as part of a full hour.

Loved the tag. Basically calling out NBC for not being able to make any good shows.

sjam613 wrote:

Did like how the Board members mentioned how they have names now.

Don't worry. I'm drunk.

Stele wrote:

Loved the tag. Basically calling out NBC for not being able to make any good shows. :D

Seriously, I almost fell off the couch laughing at that one.

boogle wrote:
sjam613 wrote:

Did like how the Board members mentioned how they have names now.

Don't worry. I'm drunk.

And IT WORKED!

Hey I would watch Captain Cook any day!

Quintin_Stone wrote:
boogle wrote:
sjam613 wrote:

Did like how the Board members mentioned how they have names now.

Don't worry. I'm drunk.

And IT WORKED!

They took a hang glider to that new greek place, what's it called again? Little Tonis?

I thought it was OK...but why did one of my most beloved shows have to end the season with a song from one of my most hated bands? Why, Harmon!? Why did you do this to me?

lostlobster wrote:

This was much much better than last week's. A good season ender and, if necessary, a reasonable ending to the entire show.

Q_S:

Spoiler:

I felt the opposite way about Jeff/Britta/Annie. They made it pretty clear that Jeff realized it's Annie he's got the strong, passionate feelings for. And Annie clearly loves Jeff. During season 6, I imagine they'll deal with that.

#sixseasonsandamovie!

I think it wasn't that he looked at Annie, triggering the emotional response to open the door (one of several parts of this episode that was kinda dumb/contrived/still funny), but that he looked at the whole group. Annie was just last. Though, yeah, that could be deliberate to go back to the Jeff/Annie thing.

Yeah I took it that he has love for each person in the group.