Bloodborne Catch-all

Dyni wrote:
Fuzzballx wrote:

and there's every reason to hope for a DKS3 for multiplaform still in my mind.

I really don't think there is any reason to worry about DKS3 being exclusive to any platform. Bloodborne and Dark Souls can exist separately without issue, especially since it has become clear that there are 2 separate teams working on these games.

.. and I would add that it seems there are two distinct and thriving fan-bases for both styles, so that should also help

Dakuna wrote:
Dyni wrote:
Fuzzballx wrote:

and there's every reason to hope for a DKS3 for multiplaform still in my mind.

I really don't think there is any reason to worry about DKS3 being exclusive to any platform. Bloodborne and Dark Souls can exist separately without issue, especially since it has become clear that there are 2 separate teams working on these games.

.. and I would add that it seems there are two distinct and thriving fan-bases for both styles, so that should also help :)

There's a thriving fanbase for Bloodborne that is distinct from the Dark Souls fanbase, already?

Fedaykin98 wrote:
Dakuna wrote:
Dyni wrote:
Fuzzballx wrote:

and there's every reason to hope for a DKS3 for multiplaform still in my mind.

I really don't think there is any reason to worry about DKS3 being exclusive to any platform. Bloodborne and Dark Souls can exist separately without issue, especially since it has become clear that there are 2 separate teams working on these games.

.. and I would add that it seems there are two distinct and thriving fan-bases for both styles, so that should also help :)

There's a thriving fanbase for Bloodborne that is distinct from the Dark Souls fanbase, already?

Yup. There's me in one corner, and Fuzzballx in another corner

What I really mean is, some people like Dark Souls II and some people want something else. Hopefully, Bloodborne is that something else. I'm in the camp that's hoping, and I'm pretty sure I am not alone in both my disappointment with Dark Souls II and my passionate hope for Bloodborne.

[size=3]I am stressed out, tired, and may be ranting. I will not be offended if somebody slaps me in the face with a brick.[/size]

I'm in the "I Want A Sequel To Dark Souls" camp. DS2 wasn't it. Bloodbourne isn't either, but I'm hoping I feels better than DS2.

Dakuna wrote:

What I really mean is, some people like Dark Souls II and some people want something else. Hopefully, Bloodborne is that something else. I'm in the camp that's hoping, and I'm pretty sure I am not alone in both my disappointment with Dark Souls II and my passionate hope for Bloodborne.

I'm a fan of all the Souls games, although I do feel that DS II is the weakest entry in the series. I don't think it is a disappointment but my play time definitely shows that I don't like the game nearly as much as the previous games.

I'm interested in Bloodborne but my major worry is that the playable character is going to be rather static in terms of setup. So far it looks like the game is very focused on the equipment to the point where it seems that there isn't an alternative set of weapons to use.

I'm not pouring over details about what's been shown so far but it seems to me that you have one weapon, that has various modes, and a shotgun.

Am i the only one who loves DS2? DS1 was good too but I like DS2 waaaaaaaaaay more.

I am super excited for Bloodbourne.

Cobble wrote:

Am i the only one who loves DS2?

Absolutely not!

Cobble wrote:

DS1 was good too but I like DS2 waaaaaaaaaay more.

but you lose me on this part

Gimpy_Butzke wrote:
Dakuna wrote:

What I really mean is, some people like Dark Souls II and some people want something else. Hopefully, Bloodborne is that something else. I'm in the camp that's hoping, and I'm pretty sure I am not alone in both my disappointment with Dark Souls II and my passionate hope for Bloodborne.

I'm a fan of all the Souls games, although I do feel that DS II is the weakest entry in the series. I don't think it is a disappointment but my play time definitely shows that I don't like the game nearly as much as the previous games.

I'm not pouring over details about what's been shown so far but it seems to me that you have one weapon, that has various modes, and a shotgun.

My playtime lies. DSII was also my least favorite, but I may have the most time in it at this point just because there is so much more to do than the previous games. I easily have over 300 hours into it at this point with more to come pending DLC releases. The NG+ features, bonfire ascetics, extra challenge covenants, and huge variety of playstyles gave it crazy legs for me. I still loved the game, but these Bloodborne trailers just make it all the more clear that DSII was missing something.

Gimpy_Butzke wrote:

I'm interested in Bloodborne but my major worry is that the playable character is going to be rather static in terms of setup. So far it looks like the game is very focused on the equipment to the point where it seems that there isn't an alternative set of weapons to use.

I don't remember the source, but I distinctly recall seeing an interview excerpt from Miyazaki quelling this exact fear. The character customization and gear options will be as vast as the previous games. There will be several different weapon types with transformations. Just don't expect any shields

Dark Souls was such an unexpected, sui generis experience for most players that I doubt that any game—not Dark Souls II, not Bloodborne—will capture that magic in quite the same way again.

I know I played DS1 maybe 15 hours, I did love it but i ended up just sort of drifting away from it. DS2 hooked me far more thoroughly. I am not articulate enough to give specific reasons why, I just know in retrospect I played/liked DS2 a good deal more.

Shadout wrote:

Demon Souls was out there already, and Dark Souls 1 still managed to be great (and better imo).

I'm not saying new games won't be good or better. I'm saying they won't feel the same. My experience is that people love Demon's Souls or Dark Souls most based on whichever they played first because it was so incredibly different and struck a certain chord with them. Once struck the first time, that chord isn't going to get struck in quite the same way again.

ClockworkHouse wrote:

Dark Souls was such an unexpected, sui generis experience for most players that I doubt that any game—not Dark Souls II, not Bloodborne—will capture that magic in quite the same way again.

Demon Souls was out there already, and Dark Souls 1 still managed to be great (and better imo).

I dont like Dark Souls 2 as much as those first two games, but it was still great. It did some things worse (less variation in boss fights, less interconnectivity in area design, a few stupid design decisions like a ring that removes the risk of death and some enemies having weird player tracking), on the other hand it added lots and lots of reasonably well designed and diverse zones (DS1 had some fairly mediocre ones toward the end), and making the PvP more organized with specific PvP zones, while also avoiding too much separation between PvE and PvP by adding useful PvE rewards for entering those zones.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
Shadout wrote:

Demon Souls was out there already, and Dark Souls 1 still managed to be great (and better imo).

I'm not saying new games won't be good or better. I'm saying they won't feel the same. My experience is that people love Demon's Souls or Dark Souls most based on whichever they played first because it was so incredibly different and struck a certain chord with them. Once struck the first time, that chord isn't going to get struck in quite the same way again.

I would agree with that. Part of what I love about Dark Souls is that it didn't hold my hand. And that it just dumped me in a world without a buddy to explain everything to me (see every 3D Zelda game and Okami) and let me just figure stuff out. I found that horrifying at first, but after I embraced the idea that I might not blaze through the game the entire world settled in as a whole piece. I don't know if I'll have that same exact experience again.

Played DeS before DS1, but DS1 is the better game imo. Demons souls was too rough in many ways. Insanely good nonetheless, but unpolished.
They still gave the same gameplay experience though. Both felt awesome - and despite all the design differences, they felt very much the same. The combat, the exploration, the requirement of attention and swift penalties if you stopped paying attention.

Then, DS2 also felt very much the same, just not as good in a few important areas.

It does seem like Bloodborne will be different though. Faster gameplay, more dodging over blocking and such. Not sure I'll like those changes myself. Not if the game becomes really fast anyway. All the souls games were relatively slow games.

The number of times I went, "Whoa, that is so freaking cool" in Dark Souls vastly outnumbers that of Dark Souls II. It was also quite tempered by the realization that the second half of the game in DkS2 was gated by some shin-high ruins.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
Shadout wrote:

Demon Souls was out there already, and Dark Souls 1 still managed to be great (and better imo).

I'm not saying new games won't be good or better. I'm saying they won't feel the same. My experience is that people love Demon's Souls or Dark Souls most based on whichever they played first because it was so incredibly different and struck a certain chord with them. Once struck the first time, that chord isn't going to get struck in quite the same way again.

I disagree, at least a little bit, for myself. I played Demon's Souls first, and loved it (and hated it). Dark Souls, while I feel it had way more polish and numerous improvements, wasn't as dark. I recognize and can be objective about the parts I like, really the games are almost tied. I flop back and forth a fair bit about which one is my favourite, but the truth is, Dark Souls is eminently more playable for me, and Demon's Souls has better atmosphere - but I have to admit Dark Souls wins by a hair.

Dark Souls II doesn't even blip... I liked it, sank probably 150 hours into, but it's a far worse game in almost every way than the other two, for me. Bloodborne, hopefully, will have all the polish of Dark Souls, all the darkness and depravity (and maybe more) of Demon's Souls, and if they really hit it out of the park, the new mechanics will actually be outstanding, which should hopefully result in a new #1 for me.

Bloodborne, hopefully, will have all the polish of Dark Souls, all the darkness and depravity (and maybe more) of Demon's Souls, and if they really hit it out of the park, the new mechanics will actually be outstanding, which should hopefully result in a new #1 for me.

Maybe Bloodborne can become the Dark Souls of Demon's Souls successors.

Gimpy - There will be at least two character classes. The one we're seeing uses that blade and the shotgun. Another uses an axe and a pistol. Has anyone linked the Destructoid preview in this thread?

http://www.destructoid.com/bloodborn...

EverythingsTentative wrote:

I'm in the "I Want A Sequel To Dark Souls" camp. DS2 wasn't it. Bloodbourne isn't either, but I'm hoping I feels better than DS2.

Yup.

RoughneckGeek wrote:

Between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, From Software has guaranteed I will buy anything they launch on release day. Dark Souls II was a let down, but still entertaining enough for me to dump 70 hours into.

Yup.

Dakuna wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:
Dakuna wrote:
Dyni wrote:
Fuzzballx wrote:

and there's every reason to hope for a DKS3 for multiplaform still in my mind.

I really don't think there is any reason to worry about DKS3 being exclusive to any platform. Bloodborne and Dark Souls can exist separately without issue, especially since it has become clear that there are 2 separate teams working on these games.

.. and I would add that it seems there are two distinct and thriving fan-bases for both styles, so that should also help :)

There's a thriving fanbase for Bloodborne that is distinct from the Dark Souls fanbase, already?

Yup. There's me in one corner, and Fuzzballx in another corner

[size=20]I am stressed out, tired, and may be ranting. I will not be offended if somebody slaps me in the face with a brick.[/size]

It's a good thing i read more of this thread so i could find out what my opinion is. Coulda sworn i woulda bought bloodbourne if it was multiplatform, but guess i was wrong.

Maybe you should try playing LESS FROM GAMES if you're that stressed.

Dakuna wrote:

Dark Souls II doesn't even blip... I liked it, sank probably 150 hours into, but it's a far worse game in almost every way than the other two, for me.

You have problems. Severe problems. Seek addiction counseling. You played 150 hours of a game you consider far worse than other games you admit to partly hating.

And then you decided to put people in a corner for not being happy to buy a new console to play a new game you hardly know anything about, from the same developer, because you're so sure it's going to be TOTALLY WICKED!

The level of fandom is insane that fans want to put other fans of the same company and products in a corner and stomp them verbally cause they're unhappy the product isn't going to be released on a platform they already have. You completely miss the point that someone not a fan of the developer/games wouldn't give a sh*t in the first place.

Where am I? Is this 4chan?

EverythingsTentative wrote:

Where am I? Is this 4chan?

You beat me to it. Gafers With Jobs.

Sorry Fuzzballx. Sorry Fuzzballx.

I still think you should buy a PS4.

Oh, and sorry for hurting your feelings. I was trying to inject some levity a few posts back, I guess I failed.

You should continue to post in this thread as much as you want to, and you should feel happy to tell us why you're not going to buy a PS4 to play this on. All perspectives are valid here, I think.

Oh, and yes, I have problems. Deal with it?

This thread just confirms my supernatural theory that Certis will only show up to tell people not to moderate others' comments when I'm one of the people doing so.

Sorry, been kind of busy today.

IMAGE(http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx1gdizkcw1qm345ao1_500.gif)

Fedaykin98 wrote:

This thread just confirms my supernatural theory that Certis will only show up to tell people not to moderate others' comments when I'm one of the people doing so. :lol:

You summoned the eye of Sauron!

We could use you in a few other threads.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:

This thread just confirms my supernatural theory that Certis will only show up to tell people not to moderate others' comments when I'm one of the people doing so. :lol:

You summoned the eye of Sauron!

We could use you in a few other threads.

If they're in P&C, I try not to go there any more frequently than I get poor performance reviews from The CEO Who Shall Not Be Named. I'm good for about once a year on either one.

FROM fans should already be subscribed to VaatiVidya on YouTube, but for those who haven't seen it yet, here's his latest on Bloodborne.

While watching the video I started getting the itch to replay Demon's Souls because of the similar horror themes, and specifically the Tower of Latria. Imagine how pleased I was when Vaati said that Miyazaki is trying to evoke the atmosphere of Latria in this new game!

Fedaykin98 wrote:

FROM fans should already be subscribed to VaatiVidya on YouTube, but for those who haven't seen it yet, here's his latest on Bloodborne.

While watching the video I started getting the itch to replay Demon's Souls because of the similar horror themes, and specifically the Tower of Latria. Imagine how pleased I was when Vaati said that Miyazaki is trying to evoke the atmosphere of Latria in this new game! :D

wow that's great news! Tower of Latria was probably my second favourite part of Demon's Souls. Might have been my favourite.

I spent more time in Tower of Latria trying to figure out its secrets than in any other part of that game... the Valley of Defilement notwithstanding... that area was just crap in a bucket o' swamp water hehehe.

brokenclavicle wrote:

I spent more time in Tower of Latria trying to figure out its secrets than in any other part of that game... the Valley of Defilement notwithstanding... that area was just crap in a bucket o' swamp water hehehe.

I didn't like splashing around the bottom at all, but the rest of it was pretty inspired IMO. Incredibly frustrating, creepy and sweaty-palm white-knuckle stress kind of fun.