Minecraft Multiplayer: GWJ World

Ein, you win! But since I know you don't need them, I'll keep em. u_u

muraii wrote:
Xeknos wrote:

Hinterlands? Are the Wildhammer dwarves giving you guff again? Because we can fix that.

Does that apply if I'm in Ohio? Because I could use some help escaping Ohio.

Do what I did: move to Seattle.

Just make sure you go west. You don't want to end up in Pittsburgh.

LouZiffer wrote:

So... uh... when's the server going to get the update to 1.5.2 that was released yesterday?

I second that.

How do people feel about constructions above the bedrock in the nether? You can get there without cheating, but it does seem a little outside what was intended by the dev team.

Oddrune wrote:

How do people feel about constructions above the bedrock in the nether? You can get there without cheating, but it does seem a little outside what was intended by the dev team.

I'm cool with it, personally.

Oddrune wrote:

How do people feel about constructions above the bedrock in the nether? You can get there without cheating, but it does seem a little outside what was intended by the dev team.

Totally fine by me, but let us know when your Ghast farm is up and running

Quintin_Stone wrote:

Ein, you win! But since I know you don't need them, I'll keep em. u_u

:lol:

Go for it good sir! I actually have a decent amount still from hollowing out them silos with plav so no major loss, if you don't need them just stick them in the spawn storehaus.

skylarhawk wrote:
Oddrune wrote:

How do people feel about constructions above the bedrock in the nether? You can get there without cheating, but it does seem a little outside what was intended by the dev team.

Totally fine by me, but let us know when your Ghast farm is up and running ;)

I was thinking gold. I've already got more ghast tears than I'll probably ever use. I mean, really, how often do you need regen? When you're fighting the wither. That's about it, no?

Oddrune wrote:
muraii wrote:
Xeknos wrote:

Hinterlands? Are the Wildhammer dwarves giving you guff again? Because we can fix that.

Does that apply if I'm in Ohio? Because I could use some help escaping Ohio.

Do what I did: move to Seattle.

Just make sure you go west. You don't want to end up in Pittsburgh.

I'd love to move to Seattle, and we've looked. Expensivo, and we have children with not one but two exes and so $logistics. In due time, hopefully in about five years, we'll be at or west of the Rockies.

For now, I'd take Pittsburgh. Still somehow manages to have more stuff going in than Cincinnati.

But we digress....

Oddrune wrote:
skylarhawk wrote:
Oddrune wrote:

How do people feel about constructions above the bedrock in the nether? You can get there without cheating, but it does seem a little outside what was intended by the dev team.

Totally fine by me, but let us know when your Ghast farm is up and running ;)

I was thinking gold. I've already got more ghast tears than I'll probably ever use. I mean, really, how often do you need regen? When you're fighting the wither. That's about it, no?

Very true. I guess I'm just a collector. I like to get lots of EVERYTHING. I'm a recovering "PLACE ALL THE BLOCKS" kind of guy.

Pittsburgh is WAY better than most of Ohio.

Hey folks!

Upgraded to 1.5.2. Sorry for the delay.

Also, the server will be physically moving around 8:30 AM on Monday May 6. I expect the move to take 1-2 hours. DNS TTLs are one hour or less, so it shouldn't get weird for long, but in the event you have DNS caching problems, liquidmantis has created a temp A record to the new IP address: mc2.liquidmantis.com. Note this won't work until the server is moved and back up sometime around 10 AM Eastern time on Monday.

I haven't been to spawn in quite a while so I thought it was time for a trip. Grabbed the (upgraded) rail line toward, and upon turning a corner hidden by steep walls on either side, FPS dropped to maybe 1, probably fractional. Then I heard skeletons, then a creeper explosion, then something else. I couldn't switch to another application, and in fact when trying to log into a different console (i.e., CTRL + ALT + Fn from X), I received multiple "INIT cannot fork, retry..." messages.

Which is to say I didn't want to use my first bow of this world I'd just crafted.

Also, I'm going to look, but are there some lagolicious things around that point? It's in the neighborhood of (-19, -135). Nothing significant shows on the overviewer, above or below the surface. I guess I'll try again, but that was a pretty drastic system choke.

EDIT: I found the explosion site on logging back in, and luckily I had survived it. I rebuilt the track though it's still missing one.

The slowdown might be due to render distance set to far and all the lighting and stuff set up around spawn. Time to put OptiFine to work.

EDIT 2: Once more into the fray. Once more system is wasted for minutes, until Minecraft dies on its own. I guess the 256x256 Sphax texture pack is too much, though it works beautifully at 60 FPS around my village. I'll drop down to the 64x64 and see what's up.

Curious thing: it only bought it after I'd passed through spawn, then come back and climbed atop the beacon and looked around a little.

Okay. Was in TheWanderer's stripmine and a creeper asploded near the sign and lava well. I replaced the sign and built the well up as I thought it was, mostly.

BOUSes? I don't think they exist. *is immediately attacked*

Tried to build a nether portal, but right now, it connects to New Solara. I'm going to try to fix it. I apologize in advance if I don't get around to it, with the imminent arrival of Baby of Unusual Size.

Got it. I has a portal, nether, nether nether!! >_<

LouZiffer wrote:

BOUSes? I don't think they exist. *is immediately attacked*

My little angel, violent? Inconceivable!

sometimesdee wrote:
LouZiffer wrote:

BOUSes? I don't think they exist. *is immediately attacked*

My little angel, violent? Inconceivable! :)

You keep saying that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

*Just to keep the reference going *

Hello all,

Server is moved. Liquid is updating DNS, but in the mean time you can use mc2.liquidmantis.com to connect.

Orphu wrote:

Hello all,

Server is moved. Liquid is updating DNS, but in the mean time you can use mc2.liquidmantis.com to connect.

Thank you both for your continued support of our silly Minecrafting endeavors.

My nether portal is up and the route to it in the nether is secured (I think). Take the rail to Einbjorn and Plav's portal and you'll find the way to mine easily enough. Come see scenic Lofton and stay over in Cranmohre Hall! Lots and lots of sheep in them rolling hills too

Is anyone else having trouble getting REI's minimap to load after the update?

casamuel wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble getting REI's minimap to load after the update?

The version approved for Minecraft 1.5.2 is working fine for me. Have you updated your mods along with Minecraft? Always important to do that.

LouZiffer wrote:
casamuel wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble getting REI's minimap to load after the update?

The version approved for Minecraft 1.5.2 is working fine for me. Have you updated your mods along with Minecraft? Always important to do that.

I believe so. I downloaded it from four different locations just attempting to get it to work. I use MC patcher, and after installing, Minecraft was just crashing on me. Do you know what site you downloaded the updated mod from?

Side note: Did it happen to save your waypoints from previous?

Edit: decided to go back to Forge, working like a charm now

casamuel wrote:
LouZiffer wrote:
casamuel wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble getting REI's minimap to load after the update?

The version approved for Minecraft 1.5.2 is working fine for me. Have you updated your mods along with Minecraft? Always important to do that.

I believe so. I downloaded it from four different locations just attempting to get it to work. I use MC patcher, and after installing, Minecraft was just crashing on me. Do you know what site you downloaded the updated mod from?

Side note: Did it happen to save your waypoints from previous?

It saved my waypoints. I use magic launcher to handle mods for me with the method outlined here. I don't know why MCPatcher wouldn't work just as well though. I stopped using MCPatcher when Minecraft integrated support for HD textures natively.

Cool beans. Just saw your new edit.

There may be other quad beacons, but this one is mine...

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/rEFC98k.jpg)
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/F9BpOXS.png)

LouZiffer wrote:

There may be other quad beacons, but this one is mine...

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/F9BpOXS.png)

wow... and to think I still haven't challenged a wither...

skylarhawk wrote:
LouZiffer wrote:

There may be other quad beacons, but this one is mine...

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/F9BpOXS.png)

wow... and to think I still haven't challenged a wither...

Don't feel bad. A lot of us haven't.

Wow, Beacons are super awesome. So much of this game I haven't even dipped my toe in to yet! Damn multiplayer server letting others do all the hard work for me

MojoBox wrote:

Wow, Beacons are super awesome. So much of this game I haven't even dipped my toe in to yet! Damn multiplayer server letting others do all the hard work for me :P

Hear, hear. Some people have out the equivalent of ~50 days of continuous time into this world. Some haven't.

muraii wrote:
MojoBox wrote:

Wow, Beacons are super awesome. So much of this game I haven't even dipped my toe in to yet! Damn multiplayer server letting others do all the hard work for me :P

Hear, hear. Some people have out the equivalent of ~50 days of continuous time into this world. Some haven't.

IMAGE(http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/2113808/who-me-o.gif)

Well... I haven't challenged the wither yet either, so there is that I guess. I'm also currently caught up in the open beta of Neverwinter so y'all have some time to catch up

Heheeheehehehheeeerhehehehhegg