Minecraft Multiplayer: GWJ World

IHateDRM wrote:
momgamer wrote:

I suck at it, too. It's something I need to work at.

I need one Nether Star, and I can work with whatever skulls you get. Maybe a dozen or so? From what I read, they're not common drops. It might take a long time. There's no hurry. I have to get the supporting materials, too.

Cool I'll see what I can find later tonight, but I have other gaming plans for the weekend so I can't guarantee a whole lot.

Is there anyplace in particular I can leave what I do find?

Awesome. There's a catacomb under the chapel (opening in floor back right corner of the dais). There are chests in there, two of which are marked for donations.

And thanks again. Whatever you can do will help a lot.

momgamer wrote:

I have to get the supporting materials, too.

I don't really know too much about Minecraft to help with the big stuff you all were talking about, if you need any simple mining for materials done, I'd be more than happy to help whenever I can jump on.

DaScorpion wrote:
momgamer wrote:

I have to get the supporting materials, too.

I don't really know too much about Minecraft to help with the big stuff you all were talking about, if you need any simple mining for materials done, I'd be more than happy to help whenever I can jump on.

I appreciate that. I've got that part done. Now i gotta dig for the good stuff. The beacon needs obsidian and diamond/emerald. I need to get an obsidian maker going anyways, and I need diamonds to harvest it, too.

momgamer wrote:

I've got that part done. Now i gotta dig for the good stuff. The beacon needs obsidian and diamond/emerald. I need to get an obsidian maker going anyways, and I need diamonds to harvest it, too.

I've got some supplies sitting idle in my encampment (last I checked anyways, could have been raided by now for all I know). Should be several stacks of obsidian I can donate.
EDIT: My supplies are intact. I have 7x64 obsidian I could donate.

plavonica wrote:

I started another one.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/uuzlL.jpg)

What's that going to be?

Rezzy wrote:
momgamer wrote:

I've got that part done. Now i gotta dig for the good stuff. The beacon needs obsidian and diamond/emerald. I need to get an obsidian maker going anyways, and I need diamonds to harvest it, too.

I've got some supplies sitting idle in my encampment (last I checked anyways, could have been raided by now for all I know). Should be several stacks of obsidian I can donate.
EDIT: My supplies are intact. I have 7x64 obsidian I could donate.

Oh Wow. I need like half a stack. Tops.

momgamer wrote:

Oh Wow. I need like half a stack. Tops. ;)

K, well if you'd like I can drop a stack off once I'm done with dinner/Futurama.

Isn't there a map border?

+)

Rezzy wrote:
momgamer wrote:

Oh Wow. I need like half a stack. Tops. ;)

K, well if you'd like I can drop a stack off once I'm done with dinner/Futurama.

That would be awesome. I should point out that the catacomb entrance has a ladder to go down, and you end up in a featureless room (for now - will be creepier soon) with another ladder on other side. Take that one up to the room with storage, etc.

So how exactly do you obtain wither skulls?

I checked the wiki and it says that in order to fight a wither you need to make one with three wither skulls. Which leaves me with something of a catch-22 situation.

Can you find them in chests? That's the only thing I can think of. But in order to find them that way I would have to expand the map which I would rather avoid if possible.

momgamer wrote:

That would be awesome.

Ended up burning through the whole first disk of Futurama (So good!). Two stacks dropped into the donation chests. Enjoy!

IHateDRM wrote:

So how exactly do you obtain wither skulls?

I checked the wiki and it says that in order to fight a wither you need to make one with three wither skulls. Which leaves me with something of a catch-22 situation.

Can you find them in chests? That's the only thing I can think of. But in order to find them that way I would have to expand the map which I would rather avoid if possible.

Wither skulls come from wither skeletons. You find them sometimes in nether fortresses.

Quintin_Stone wrote:
IHateDRM wrote:

So how exactly do you obtain wither skulls?

I checked the wiki and it says that in order to fight a wither you need to make one with three wither skulls. Which leaves me with something of a catch-22 situation.

Can you find them in chests? That's the only thing I can think of. But in order to find them that way I would have to expand the map which I would rather avoid if possible.

Wither skulls come from wither skeletons. You find them sometimes in nether fortresses.

Q's right. They can be hard to see because they're dark colored.

momgamer wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:
IHateDRM wrote:

So how exactly do you obtain wither skulls?

I checked the wiki and it says that in order to fight a wither you need to make one with three wither skulls. Which leaves me with something of a catch-22 situation.

Can you find them in chests? That's the only thing I can think of. But in order to find them that way I would have to expand the map which I would rather avoid if possible.

Wither skulls come from wither skeletons. You find them sometimes in nether fortresses.

Q's right. They can be hard to see because they're dark colored.

OK now it makes sense, I must have just been misreading the wiki as I didn't realize withers and wither skeletons weren't the same thing.

IHateDRM wrote:
momgamer wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:
IHateDRM wrote:

So how exactly do you obtain wither skulls?

I checked the wiki and it says that in order to fight a wither you need to make one with three wither skulls. Which leaves me with something of a catch-22 situation.

Can you find them in chests? That's the only thing I can think of. But in order to find them that way I would have to expand the map which I would rather avoid if possible.

Wither skulls come from wither skeletons. You find them sometimes in nether fortresses.

Q's right. They can be hard to see because they're dark colored.

OK now it makes sense, I must have just been misreading the wiki as I didn't realize withers and wither skeletons weren't the same thing. :P

I know exactly what you're talking about. I wish I had time to go in and do some serious editing in there. The entries on potatoes is also obviously a work in progress.

T-BoneDangerThor wrote:
plavonica wrote:

I started another one.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/uuzlL.jpg)

What's that going to be?

He's building I gigantor wheat farm for mass breeding of cows... He said he's going to take it to the build ceiling around 255. and I think he also said each level produces app 120 wheat. Atm there are like 5 levels @ 5 blocks so it should pan out to about 22200 wheat a go when he's done... the hell if I am replanting all that though. Plav is like the mad scientist of minecraft, great ideas until they go horribly wrong producing mass death and destruction to his hapless neighbors.

Can I get my friend, 'agl_buttons', whitelisted, please?

muraii wrote:

Isn't there a map border? +)

Right, but you're on the honors system. Don't expand the map like crazy or it will impact the server and/or maps and force me to either turn features off or trim the map. There are plenty of unexplored areas within the bounds of the current map, so there is no need to go any further.

There was a discussion on this a few pages back.

That mass wheat farm may be problematic when activated. Tracking all the drops might cause the game to crash.

Momgamer I spent about an hour punching wither skeletons but I only found one skull so it's probably going to take a while the amount you need. You might want to save up enough to get what you need for the beacon before you start making those gargoyles.

Either way the skull is in one of the chests behind the temple, if I find any more I'll be sure to drop them off.

Thank you very much. Every bit will help, and earn you good kharma and my thanks and I will find some way to commemorate your help.

Ave Poultra!

For wither skeleton hunting: "they follow the same spawning conditions as naturally spawning Skeletons: light level 7 or less where their lower half will be."

Could be why we have a hard time in our very lit up fortresses.

plavonica wrote:

For wither skeleton hunting: "they follow the same spawning conditions as naturally spawning Skeletons: light level 7 or less where their lower half will be."

Could be why we have a hard time in our very lit up fortresses.

I did notice that most of them spawned on the roof.

And for the record they don't seem to be all that rare, I've seen up to five of them spawn at once.

Tomorrow I hope to put on my big girl panties and see if I can get some for myself. We'll see how this goes. I'm not exactly a combat monster, and my hands are not doing well right now. Minecraft does not deal with my voice recognition software at all.

I'm going to need some cobble. If anyone needs a mountain leveled let me know. A pic of the area from our map would be appreciated.

Orphu wrote:
muraii wrote:

Isn't there a map border? +)

Right, but you're on the honors system. Don't expand the map like crazy or it will impact the server and/or maps and force me to either turn features off or trim the map. There are plenty of unexplored areas within the bounds of the current map, so there is no need to go any further.

There was a discussion on this a few pages back.

Yeah, and a discussion further up-page. I was being facetious.

Is the server page broken? I've been at 838:59:59 hours for quite awhile now... tryin' to break 1000

http://mc.liquidmantis.com/players.php

Einbjorn wrote:

Is the server page broken? I've been at 838:59:59 hours for quite awhile now... tryin' to break 1000

http://mc.liquidmantis.com/players.php

HA! Congratualations! You overflowed the TIME data type.

Fixed

Orphu wrote:
Einbjorn wrote:

Is the server page broken? I've been at 838:59:59 hours for quite awhile now... tryin' to break 1000

http://mc.liquidmantis.com/players.php

HA! Congratualations! You overflowed the TIME data type.

Fixed :D

Lol did not know that rofl. Fun stuff.

NUMBER 1!! NUMBER 1!! NUMBER 1!!

I R TEH WIENER!!1!

Excuse the Newb in me, but the holes in our map, are those unexplored areas?

Also, when one sleeps on the bed in MP and makes time pass, how does that affect the other players online? Do they experience the time change too?