Minecraft Multiplayer: GWJ World

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get whitelisted on LiquidMantis' server

Also any general etiquette to bear in mind would be wonderful. Haven't played Minecraft in ages but I'm super interested in taking a tour around your world and maybe spending some time creating as well.

Quintin_Stone wrote:
Robear wrote:

I returned two pumpkins to the fields from which they were unjustly taken. I hang my head in shame.

Really, no one cared about the pumpkins. As long as the vine is fine, it'll spawn infinite pumpkins. People just like to kid you about it because you seemed so racked with guilt. :)

Quick someone's shown genuine emotion! we have to beat it out of him before it spreads!

I've mostly finished the outside of the chapel of St. Chucken of Cordelia (needs more lighting, and I need to figure out if I can warp any of the new stuff into something like gargoyles).

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated, while I figure out what to do with the inside of that ridiculous barn.

Superbeard wrote:

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get whitelisted on LiquidMantis' server

Also any general etiquette to bear in mind would be wonderful. Haven't played Minecraft in ages but I'm super interested in taking a tour around your world and maybe spending some time creating as well.

Give LiquidMantis yer in game name if different than your GWJ name and ask REAL nice... or a lien against your firstborn.

As far as etiquette.
Check to make sure no one is building in an area before your start building your master piece... i.e. look for torches and/or signs sayin "Claimed in the name of MIGHTY_PimP_HanD" etc.
Avoid skyrails unless building near Quinton ( he absolutely ADORES skyrails) ask first if your neighbors will mind.
Avoid strip mining deserts, again unless near Quinton, I do believe he said something along the lines of the sight of sand making him projectile vomit.
You know, the usual neighborly stuff. Also check this out to give you a good idea of where people are located. --> http://mc.liquidmantis.com/overviewe...

momgamer wrote:

I have a bunch of baked stone Lou donated to the template on Cordelia that I can't use without wasting it (boo on not allowing baked stone fences!). Where do you want it?

Thanks for the offer, but it should go to a different home. I wasn't kidding about thinking about abandoning the project. It's just too gigantic and time intensive. I dabble off and on with it, but nothing consistent.

Really, no one cared about the pumpkins. As long as the vine is fine, it'll spawn infinite pumpkins. People just like to kid you about it because you seemed so racked with guilt.

Oh, I learned that after the lava mountain. I figured it would be more entertaining to keep playing with the wide-eyed squirrel effect.

But just to be safe, I returned the damn pumpkins.

IHateDRM wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:
Robear wrote:

I returned two pumpkins to the fields from which they were unjustly taken. I hang my head in shame.

Really, no one cared about the pumpkins. As long as the vine is fine, it'll spawn infinite pumpkins. People just like to kid you about it because you seemed so racked with guilt. :)

Quick someone's shown genuine emotion! we have to beat it out of him before it spreads! :)

BZZT DOES NOT COMPUTE

Okay, so how does this white listing go? Which server is mostly everyone on? My character name is the same on here.

Done!

DaScorpion wrote:

Okay, so how does this white listing go? Which server is mostly everyone on? My character name is the same on here.

LiquidMantis wrote:

Done!

That would be LM's way of saying you now have access to both servers. LM's server tends to be the stable server while orphu's server is often the play-around-and-try-out-new-stuff-then-break-it-and-start-all-over server

Thank you!

I can log into the Orphu Server, but not LM's. It's telling me I'm not Whitelisted on that one. Weird.

Son of a --- It's that same bug. I've even taken to checking the count before and after the whitelist to confirm it incremented.

Well, you're in there. Try again now, it may be due to the PascalCase. I changed it to all lower like Minecraft usually treats usernames.

LM likes to toy with people.

Looks like we hit the whitelist cap. I just booted Quintin to free up a slot.

LiquidMantis wrote:

Looks like we hit the whitelist cap. I just booted Quintin to free up a slot.

LMAO!

Oi! My slot!

I was able to get in. Lots of DCs for me, not sure if that's normal or not. Thanks for letting me in, hope to get more time in later.

DaScorpion wrote:

I was able to get in. Lots of DCs for me, not sure if that's normal or not. Thanks for letting me in, hope to get more time in later.

Disconnects? Not really. Are you running standard mine craft or is it heavily modified?

Standard Minecraft. I don't even know how to modify it. lol. I'm a Newb when it comes to this one. It just keeps booting me out like every 5 minutes or so. Not sure why. I'll have to see if I can remember or write down the message it gives me.

tanstaafl wrote:

Of course, it was inevitable...

Digging Minecraft Style!

I offer 40 cobblestone to the first person to find me one of these sweet Psy skins from the video. Nice tux to class up my minin'

Of course, it was inevitable...

Digging Minecraft Style!

Diggin' a hole, just one more time until I score this
Strike rich on diamonds, iron, gold and build our decked out fortress
All we need is just a bit of luck to not abort this
Runnin' low we can't afford this

Dungeons under here
Just the last time a group of creepers came out over there
Blew up a vein of diamonds then chased us all out of there
A spider army dropped down from the roof into our hair
Ran back to fresh air

This ain't your land, you're gonna get banned
So you know, hey,
When you plan to go, hey
When you're diggin', you'd better listen
So you know, hey,
When they gonna show, hey,

Makin' sure you're all prepared before you go

Diggin' Minecraft style
Minecraft style
Dig, dig, dig, dig, diggin' Minecraft style
Minecraft style
Dig, dig, dig, dig, diggin' Minecraft style

Ay, sexy piggy
Dig, dig, dig, dig, diggin' Minecraft style
Ay, sexy piggy
Dig, dig, dig, dig

Back on the ground we layin' redstone through the forest
To wire our monster traps so all the zombies will ignore us
We built this city block by block and we don't welcome tourists
But they still come lookin' for us

Like a sauna here
We built a portal to the nether lava everywhere
Zombie pigs and ghasts flyin' all around so tread with care
Best you craft some armor and exchange that for the clothes you wear
While you're under here

Lava flowin', those lakes are glowin'
Down below, hey
You should probably go, hey
But you're ready, your arms are steady,
Grab your bow, hey
Shoot the fatal blow, hey

Run away now 'cause you missed you were too slow

Diggin' Minecraft style
Minecraft style
Dig, dig, dig, dig, diggin' Minecraft style
Minecraft style
Dig, dig, dig, dig, diggin' Minecraft style

Ayyyyyyyyyy sexy piggy
Dig, dig, dig, dig, diggin' Minecraft style
Ayyyyyyyyyy sexy piggy
Dig, dig, dig, dig

Dig some more
Until you hit the core
Diamonds, diamonds baby that's what we're all lookin' for
Dig some more
Until you hit the core
When you find 'em baby then you know it's time to soar
Ain't a game we're playin

Diggin' Minecraft style
Ay sexy piggy
Dig, dig, dig, dig, diggin' Minecraft style
Ay sexy piggy
Dig, dig, dig, dig

Diggin' Minecraft style

Shawnosaurus wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:

Of course, it was inevitable...

Digging Minecraft Style!

I offer 40 cobblestone to the first person to find me one of these sweet Psy skins from the video. Nice tux to class up my minin' :)

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.

Enjoy!

DaScorpion wrote:

Standard Minecraft. I don't even know how to modify it. lol. I'm a Newb when it comes to this one. It just keeps booting me out like every 5 minutes or so. Not sure why. I'll have to see if I can remember or write down the message it gives me.

Do you have 64 bit java running or just 32bit. If you don't have the 64 bit you can install it along side the 32 bit. You may also want to try and turn your viewing distance down one notch. You can also try Magic Launcher which is a program that will allow you to adjust memory settings for Minecraft.

Any of these may resolve your issue.

I'm playing at home right now, and have ZERO issues, so not sure what is going on. Earlier I was playing at work during lunch. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

DaScorpion wrote:

I'm playing at home right now, and have ZERO issues, so not sure what is going on. Earlier I was playing at work during lunch. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Well at work you may be limited to one you can install on the computer but Minecraft has had a long standing issue with some graphics cards and the view distance. The program runs out of memory and crashes. I think it's an nvidia think mostly, but if you try any of those three fixes you might find the game will become stable.

plavonica wrote:
Shawnosaurus wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:

Of course, it was inevitable...

Digging Minecraft Style!

I offer 40 cobblestone to the first person to find me one of these sweet Psy skins from the video. Nice tux to class up my minin' :)

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.

Enjoy!

If you have a texture pack installed, how does that affect the use of skins? Do the elements not covered by the texture pack default back to standard graphics, or will it just not work?

sheared wrote:
plavonica wrote:
Shawnosaurus wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:

Of course, it was inevitable...

Digging Minecraft Style!

I offer 40 cobblestone to the first person to find me one of these sweet Psy skins from the video. Nice tux to class up my minin' :)

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.

Enjoy!

If you have a texture pack installed, how does that affect the use of skins? Do the elements not covered by the texture pack default back to standard graphics, or will it just not work?

Skins and texture packs are, I think, completely independent. A skin is a .png file uploaded to your avatar through minecraft.net. Everything you need for your skin to display properly is taken care of without consideration of the texture pack you're using. At least that's how I understand it - correct me if I'm wrong?

sithload wrote:
sheared wrote:
plavonica wrote:
Shawnosaurus wrote:
tanstaafl wrote:

Of course, it was inevitable...

Digging Minecraft Style!

I offer 40 cobblestone to the first person to find me one of these sweet Psy skins from the video. Nice tux to class up my minin' :)

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.

Enjoy!

If you have a texture pack installed, how does that affect the use of skins? Do the elements not covered by the texture pack default back to standard graphics, or will it just not work?

Skins and texture packs are, I think, completely independent. A skin is a .png file uploaded to your avatar through minecraft.net. Everything you need for your skin to display properly is taken care of without consideration of the texture pack you're using. At least that's how I understand it - correct me if I'm wrong?

Sounds right to me.