Minecraft Multiplayer: GWJ World

Ghostship wrote:

I was talking about moving the mine building to work around your temple.
Where that stair is now, someone put in. Actually looks like it needs to be cut back a bit where it runs onto the one building. That path has more of a back alley feel to it as it is right now, but I think I have amended my plan in a way that leaves it as it is.

The flat area (treed currently) between the temple and the keep is what I envisioned as being a tree lined boulevard type thing. The steps running up the public works building are the first of 3 (or 4) road sized access points to that boulevard.

From the ground looking upward, I can certainly do a larger, fancier, stair up on the right hand side of the temple. Now that I think about it, I think I will. So that will make a couple road sized ones and one bigger one.

The Pretty Scary Update seems to be live (actually, as I type, the login failed).

What is the ETA for server update?

I'll probably update if the server is to update within a week, and just play on my own until then, figuring out new build patterns with the fence block, and such.

If it's going to be longer I'll hold off.

Main server is updated to 1.4.2!

So if we wanted to you and LM a (another) beer, and wanted it to cost less than a plane ticket, where would we look?

IMAGE(http://d1y0oqfyli6x95.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/prettyscaryaslkjadsjkladsjkl.png)

Oh and:

Spawn protection radius can now be changed in the server.properties file

Change it to 10000!

LiquidMantis wrote:

Change it to 10000!

Guys, I can't place any blocks! I can't destroy anything! It's as if I don't exist! Nooooooooooo!

LiquidMantis wrote:

Change it to 10000!

I named an XCOM soldier after you.

Now I think I'll feed him to a Chryssalid.

New cobble fences are interesting. I hope they do them in the rest of the materials soon.

I'm working on the temple, and don't worry, I'll be building things up and tearing them down randomly as I discover that I apparently cannot count past 10 without taking off my shoes and need to fix things. :eyeroll:

I played with the cobble.

I was disappointed with the waffle pattern when you build it in on all sides.

It may make god column dressing. Like a mini flying buttress.

That creeper temple will be so good now with heads, and frames. You've seen the creeper skin rug pics right? Though I guess creeper hunting trophies wouldn't be in a temple to creepers, would they?

Villager heads?

Man I keep forgetting to look for mod updates BEFORE I update MC, so I can have them ready for the change.

I've been playing with the fences - it has some possibilities. I just wish they'd been put in the other stone surface textures. I tried baked stone, sandstone, and stone brick and none of them worked.

Yeah, booo cobble.

If you could get the stone slab texture on them, there would be a lot you could do to highlight stone brick.

I hadn't thought of the single stack effect. Must be something good to make of super slender columns.

They looked pretty good as a two wide stack. Wondering If I can make some kind of arrow slit, or window grille from that.

Come see the Temple, when I'm done. I got hauled out to work, then my ISP ate it's shorts so I can't reconnect (btw - my phone isn't happy either). Once I get back in I'll finish the shell.

momgamer wrote:

I've been playing with the fences - it has some possibilities. I just wish they'd been put in the other stone surface textures. I tried baked stone, sandstone, and stone brick and none of them worked.

Give it time, they'll do them too eventually.

Posted in the wrong thread initially... I took pumpkins from a fenced in farm at Spawn. I hope that's okay. Wanted to start my own patch.

"I want to start a car collection. So I stole yours."

The St. Chuckhen of Cordelia Chapel is coming along nicely, with just a couple quirks due to the new materials. Also, I realized that I was basically building a giant spider jungle-gym, so I added some ledges that will also be suitable for gargoyles.

Quintin_Stone wrote:
momgamer wrote:

I've been playing with the fences - it has some possibilities. I just wish they'd been put in the other stone surface textures. I tried baked stone, sandstone, and stone brick and none of them worked.

Give it time, they'll do them too eventually.

I can testify that the new cobble walls work with moss stone at least. Not too shabby lookin'. I can't wait to see the other textures come in either, though.

"I want to start a car collection. So I stole yours."

But... They grow back! Seriously, if it's a problem, let me know and I'll replace them.

Somehow it spilled over into the regular thread, but FYI-- some potatoes and carrots have been planted near spawn to get things rolling as there is not an easy way to obtain them in the current world without expansion to new villages.

Orphu wrote:

some potatoes and carrots have been planted near spawn to get things rolling as there is not an easy way to obtain them in the current world without expansion to new villages.

Bah, everyone knows that Robear is just going to steal them for his own stew pot.

LiquidMantis wrote:
Orphu wrote:

some potatoes and carrots have been planted near spawn to get things rolling as there is not an easy way to obtain them in the current world without expansion to new villages.

Bah, everyone knows that Robear is just going to steal them for his own stew pot.

;)

But he brought his magic stew stone!

Somehow it spilled over into the regular thread, but FYI-- some potatoes and carrots have been planted near spawn to get things rolling as there is not an easy way to obtain them in the current world without expansion to new villages.

Just remember - no one is allowed to take them.

Cordelia
The part of the keep, started out over the water, is coming off. Needs to be way more slender.

I returned two pumpkins to the fields from which they were unjustly taken. I hang my head in shame.

On another note, where are the bloody Spawn carrots? I need to, um, take a look at them. So I'll recognize them in the wild. You know how it is.

We require 1 billion blocks stone for glorious worker housing. Collective will contribute, yes?

Seriously, though, I may just abandon this project. It's taking for-freaking-ever, and I haven't even finished 15% of a single building. I also grossly misjudged the required footprint, meaning I'd have to level several mountains and/or fill in a river.

Actually, that sounds appropriately communistic.

AUs_TBirD wrote:

We require 1 billion blocks stone for glorious worker housing. Collective will contribute, yes?

Seriously, though, I may just abandon this project. It's taking for-freaking-ever, and I haven't even finished 15% of a single building. I also grossly misjudged the required footprint, meaning I'd have to level several mountains and/or fill in a river.

Actually, that sounds appropriately communistic.

I have a bunch of baked stone Lou donated to the template on Cordelia that I can't use without wasting it (boo on not allowing baked stone fences!). Where do you want it?

Robear wrote:

I returned two pumpkins to the fields from which they were unjustly taken. I hang my head in shame.

Really, no one cared about the pumpkins. As long as the vine is fine, it'll spawn infinite pumpkins. People just like to kid you about it because you seemed so racked with guilt.