Name: 7 days to die
Genre - Open world post apocalypse zombie survival
Developer : The Fun Pimps
Official site : http://7daystodie.com
Platform : Windows XP+ , Mac
Where to buy : Steam 25$US&AU / 23EU / 19GBP . lowest price on sale was 20$
Current version : Alpha 8.5~ (8.4 was yesterday)
Update frequency : 14~ days on new features , bug fixes are frequent (can be daily).
- Single player - you don't have to play on a server( unlike Rust/DayZ)
- Multi player - you can play with others including on dedicated server
- Scavenging - a big part of the game - lots of POI and plenty of loot "boxes" everywhere (zombies drop a few items too) .
- Crafting - 5x5 minecraft like crafting grid.
- Block oriented building - natural blocks are diamond shaped while crafted ones are cube. Terrain smoothing is being worked on at the moment.
- Mining - you can dig as deep as you want but there are also overland resource stones (similar to Rust)
- Ranged weapons -Crossbow (silent) , 2 rifles, 2 shotguns, 2 pistols an SMG and 1 RPG.
- Melee weapons - clubs, knife, tools . You can use a stick or bone if you want.
- Explosives/traps - Land mines, pipe bombs, TNT, and wood spikes .
- Forging with casts - most guns can be crafted by making casts out of salvaged gun parts and forging new parts. Other than that you can forge Jars and bullet parts .
- Wildlife - Deer, Rabbits and pigs
- Zombie spawn either at fixed locations or based on sound and there are also wondering hordes (30-40 zombies).
- Zombies special ability - they all run at night , spiders can climb, crawlers are silent, policemen are nasty, ice zombies strong, dogs always run fast and has high attack rate.
- Destructible environment with realistic physics - If you can break it so can zombies. You can't suspend blocks in the air and buildings can collapse
- Farming - you can grow blueberries, potatoes and corn
- Cooking - lots of food recipe recipes and some chemistry recipes ( alcohol and antibiotics).
- Status effects - bleeding , infection (watch out for dogs) and coffee (high stamina regen).
- Power tools - drill (auger) and chain saw - they are very hard to find.
- Game settings can be customized - more/less loot , loot respawn,zombie spawn rate , zombie run (on/off/night), air drops, zombie damage/durability , block hardness etc
- Armor - crafted from iron and leather
- Stealth - Sound and Smell can alert zombies and sneaking is often a good idea. You also do double damage when attacking while stealthed. Raw meat and "smelly" food will alert zombies .
- Upgradable blocks - you can make blocks that degrade in quality instead of break completely (zombies are pretty persistent)
- Moding - you can add/remove crafting recipes easily you can also add pre-built structures with certain apps .
Future/New features :
- Terrain smoothing - being worked on in this version (version 8 "main feature")
- Realistic zombie movement - using body movement recorder (Alpha 9 "main feature" -official video)
- Random terrain generation - hopefully soon.
- Customizable characters (currently 1 male/1 female)
- Knock-back system