1) Start the ventrilo program. Click on the Start button, click on Programs and then click on Ventrilo. This will display another menu option called Ventrilo that will start the actual program.
2) Click on the "->" button that is next to the first pulldown window called "User Name". This will open a new window where you can create a logon name to be used when connecting to a server.
3) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter your logon name. The name you enter is entirely up to you. It can be your real name or a nick name, but preferably your GWJ Forum name ;).
4) Click the "OK" button. You can come back to this window and click on the help button later on if you want more detailed information about what the other options mean and how to use them.
5) Now that we are back to the main window click on the "->" button that is next to the pulldown window called "Server". This will open a new window where you can enter the details about the server you would like to connect to.
6) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter a name that will describe the new server definition. The name can be anything you want it to be like: "My server" or "Joe's server". When entering a server name you don't need the quotes around it. These server names will show up in the main Ventrilo window.
7) Click "OK".
8) Click on the "Hostname or IP" input box and enter the server address v22.darkstarllc.com (those are lower case L's)
9) Click on the "Port number" input box and enter the servers port number 4018.
10) Click on the "Password" input box and enter the servers password as defined by the server administrator "mmmkay" (no quotes).
11) Click "OK" to return to the Ventrilo main window.
12) Click "Connect" to establish a connection between you and the server you just defined.
13) You should also click on the Setup button and configure all of the different options that control Ventrilo. This is very important when it comes to controlling the microphone or input source. Once in the Setup dialog click on the "Help" button. Be sure to read what all of the options are and what they mean. This is very important for the Voice page
13a) A good option to check is the 'Silent connections when in a channel' box under the Misc. tab. This will keep audio notifications of people who enter and leave your room, but you don't have to listen when the other 49 people on the server are getting on and off the server (griefers sometimes server hop... why? I have no idea, it's what makes them griefers...)