Competitive League of Legends discussion | Season 2015 Part 2, the East Coast Strikes Back

FedoraMcQuaid wrote:

I love Riot, this site is fantastic:
http://na.lolesports.com/

This site is....unbelievable.

To me, it absolutely smashes the usefulness of other major league sports sites.

That is a sports league site other major league sports should be envious of. Useful, cool, well designed and modern. No cookie cutter blog site filled to the brim with useless sh*t.. All the important info is easy to acces and right there where it should be.

Fantastic and beyond cool.

Fuzzballx wrote:
FedoraMcQuaid wrote:

I love Riot, this site is fantastic:
http://na.lolesports.com/

This site is....unbelievable.

To me, it absolutely smashes the usefulness of other major league sports sites.

That is a sports league site other major league sports should be envious of. Useful, cool, well designed and modern. No cookie cutter blog site filled to the brim with useless sh*t.. All the important info is easy to acces and right there where it should be.

Fantastic and beyond cool.

It is awesome.

Coolest thing is the spoilers toggle on the bottom of the page, a nice touch

Also interesting, one of the sponsors listed is Azubu. I wonder if the games are going to be streamed using the upcoming Azubu.tv platform. Interesting...

edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...
Yep: Azubu.tv, Twitch, and Youtube will be the platforms used.

This trailer for season 3 is amazing.

Spoiler:

Dubstub breakdown into nerds running! Yeaaaah!

Yeah it's both stupid and awesome.

I had to pause the video when Dyrus burst through the door, I was laughing so hard.

That is probably the dumbest piece of content Riot has made yet. (In a good way though.)

Unfortunately, that video probably does nothing for someone not already tuned into the pro League scene. I guess for now they're really only gunning for the usual audience. I was really hoping to see them make strides to make the LCS into something that can appeal to the uninitiated, but I guess we're not there yet.

I updated the links section of the OP, let me know if I should add something.

IEM Brazil currently playing if you're looking for something to watch.

LCS NA starts at 1300 PST, in a few hours. I regret that being at work will cause me to miss out on the opening rivalry match between CLG and TSM, but I'll be tuning in to the tail end as soon as I get home. Thankfully the Friday night matches start later in the evening, so I'll have an easier time catching the action tomorrow. I'm really excited to see what their plans are to one-up the fairly high production values of the S2 world championship.

Edit: time idiocy, why can't we just use Swatch Internet Time?

psoplayer wrote:

LCS NA starts at 1300 PST, in a few hours. I regret that being at work will cause me to miss out on the opening rivalry match between CLG and TSM, but I'll be tuning in to the tail end as soon as I get home. Thankfully the Friday night matches start later in the evening, so I'll have an easier time catching the action tomorrow. I'm really excited to see what their plans are to one-up the fairly high production values of the S2 world championship.

Edit: time idiocy, why can't we just use Swatch Internet Time?

I'm hoping there are VODs up by the time I get home.

Dang son, TSM vs CLG used to be the classic championship match. TSM needs to step up and get relevent again!

My hype levels are off the charts, I have the day off so I get to watch the thing in full

Off work in 30 min. Excited to check this out!

Watching from work:P

Everyone picking Jungle Xin. Sorry Dyni.

I watched the first 3 games and the end of the 4th.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm looking forward to regularly scheduled, high quality games.

Is there a way to pull of VODs of these games?

I'm on the site this mornin tryin to figure out if there's VODs available, i wanna see the good jarvan play....

http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs...

Riot uploads the VODs (when they have them) on their main eSports site too: http://na.lolesports.com/

Yea, it's where on the esports site they're linking them is what i'm wondering, cause i'm not seeing any there yet. Maybe they're just not linked up yet.

Fuzzballx wrote:

Yea, it's where on the esports site they're linking them is what i'm wondering, cause i'm not seeing any there yet. Maybe they're just not linked up yet.

They're under matches. I'm watching one right now.

http://lolplay.tv/maintenance.php
This site is pretty good (currently in maintenance)
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/9rNlEZX.jpg)

So they're streaming this video game on twitch and youtube. For plebians such as me, what way could I get this to a PS3 or Xbox to stream it? I tried the PS3 Youtube app last night, but it couldn't connect. They do not appear to have a Twitch app... The only other way I've figured out is stream it from my PC down to the PS3 as a media server, but that seems like a pain for something that could run natively.

The web browser on the PS3 has some manner of Flash support. Can you just go to the lolesports site and try playing it in a normal fashion?

drdoak wrote:

So they're streaming this video game on twitch and youtube. For plebians such as me, what way could I get this to a PS3 or Xbox to stream it? I tried the PS3 Youtube app last night, but it couldn't connect. They do not appear to have a Twitch app... The only other way I've figured out is stream it from my PC down to the PS3 as a media server, but that seems like a pain for something that could run natively.

If you find a way to get a PS3 to work be sure to report back I have fiddled a bit and never got it funtioning it would be super nice though.

Kamakazi010654 wrote:
drdoak wrote:

So they're streaming this video game on twitch and youtube. For plebians such as me, what way could I get this to a PS3 or Xbox to stream it? I tried the PS3 Youtube app last night, but it couldn't connect. They do not appear to have a Twitch app... The only other way I've figured out is stream it from my PC down to the PS3 as a media server, but that seems like a pain for something that could run natively.

If you find a way to get a PS3 to work be sure to report back I have fiddled a bit and never got it funtioning it would be super nice though.

The youtube app can't find the live event (though I can find replays) and the video players don't show up in the browser. Boo.

drdoak wrote:
Kamakazi010654 wrote:
drdoak wrote:

So they're streaming this video game on twitch and youtube. For plebians such as me, what way could I get this to a PS3 or Xbox to stream it? I tried the PS3 Youtube app last night, but it couldn't connect. They do not appear to have a Twitch app... The only other way I've figured out is stream it from my PC down to the PS3 as a media server, but that seems like a pain for something that could run natively.

If you find a way to get a PS3 to work be sure to report back I have fiddled a bit and never got it funtioning it would be super nice though.

The youtube app can't find the live event (though I can find replays) and the video players don't show up in the browser. Boo.

I read something that if int he browser you add /popout to the twitch.tv link it might work.

Yesterday's games are marked as Private, so I can't watch them on Youtube.

LCS EU is starting right about now with SK v Fnatic.

Dignitas' Kiwikid has played Singed 3 times now and has gone a different item build every time.
Also everytime the camera is on his face he is always smiling.
I don't know where this guy came from but he's pretty great.

I also love these daily intro videos for the LCS, the interview remix was pretty silly.

FedoraMcQuaid wrote:

Dignitas' Kiwikid has played Singed 3 times now and has gone a different item build every time.
Also everytime the camera is on his face he is always smiling.
I don't know where this guy came from but he's pretty great.

I also love these daily intro videos for the LCS, the interview remix was pretty silly.

I think they have been doing a much better job today of giving filler between matches, even if it is just the casters chatting it up. Then when they do go to commercial break they give a timer for when things start up again, then they come back to some more filler then select starts.

I also like how they are doing stats a lot this week, and I assume that will get better as things go, makes it feel more "real" sports like.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...

That's how you make a hype thread.