The Conservative War On Women

OG_slinger wrote:

It might be more important to shame the f*ck out of the Connecticut legislature so they change the legal definition of rape and reword the associated laws so this can never happen again.

That's not the problem though. Had the guy been charged with sexual assault, as opposed to sexual assault of someone who is physically helpless, the guy would still be in jail. The prosecution overreached and screwed up.

Not sure if this is exactly where this belongs but I wanted to post it somewhere. Julian Gillard is the leader of the Labor party in Australia and she'd finally had enough of the leader of the conservatives sexist digs.

Powerful stuff

The War on Women got a big boost recently when the female leader of the Central Mississippi Tea Party, Mrs. Janis Lane, came out against... the 19th Amendment.

Lane: I'm really going to set you back here. Probably the biggest turn we ever made was when the women got the right to vote.

Interviewer: What do you mean?

Lane: Our country might have been better off if it was still just men voting. There is nothing worse than a bunch of mean, hateful women. They are diabolical in how than can skewer a person. I do not see that in men. The whole time I worked, I'd much rather have a male boss than a female boss. Double-minded, you never can trust them.

No word on Lane's view of those uppity Negroes being allowed to vote.

However, the War on Women suffered a bit of a setback when slutty sluts weren't as slutty as they should have been after getting their HPV vaccines.

Preteen girls who received the HPV vaccine were no more likely than unvaccinated girls to get pregnant, develop sexually transmitted infections, or seek birth-control counseling, finds the latest study to discount concerns that vaccination against the human papillomavirus encourages promiscuity.

What does double minded mean?

NathanialG wrote:

What does double minded mean?

Women don't keep their brain in their skulls, instead each breast is an entirely separate, sentient being. One of them is dormant 3 weeks out of the month. During the period that personality comes out and controls the body for that week while the other entity goes dormant.

Double-minded, it's science!

Yonder wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

What does double minded mean?

Women don't keep their brain in their skulls, instead each breast is an entirely separate, sentient being. One of them is dormant 3 weeks out of the month. During the period that personality comes out and controls the body for that week while the other entity goes dormant.

Double-minded, it's science!

Thanks a lot. Now I have water all over my keyboard.

I for one welcome my future boob overminds.

Yonder wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

What does double minded mean?

Women don't keep their brain in their skulls, instead each breast is an entirely separate, sentient being. One of them is dormant 3 weeks out of the month. During the period that personality comes out and controls the body for that week while the other entity goes dormant.

Double-minded, it's science!

This explains the telekinetic power they have over men, double the brains.

So does this mean busty girls are smarter?

Phoenix Rev wrote:

The War on Women got a big boost recently when the female leader of the Central Mississippi Tea Party, Mrs. Janis Lane, came out against... the 19th Amendment.

The dogmatic logic is very easy to parse. Passing the 19th Amendment was a progressive cause, therefore it's bad. No other thought, obviously, goes into it.

Al wrote:
Phoenix Rev wrote:

The War on Women got a big boost recently when the female leader of the Central Mississippi Tea Party, Mrs. Janis Lane, came out against... the 19th Amendment.

The dogmatic logic is very easy to parse. Passing the 19th Amendment was a progressive cause, therefore it's bad. No other thought, obviously, goes into it.

Janis Lane wrote:

Because women have the right to vote, I am active,

She make a powerful argument against the 19th amendment.

KingGorilla wrote:
Yonder wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

What does double minded mean?

Women don't keep their brain in their skulls, instead each breast is an entirely separate, sentient being. One of them is dormant 3 weeks out of the month. During the period that personality comes out and controls the body for that week while the other entity goes dormant.

Double-minded, it's science!

This explains the telekinetic power they have over men, double the brains.

So does this mean busty girls are smarter?

Dunno. Are dudes with giant heads smarter?

IMAGE(http://www.kottke.org/plus/misc/images/eddie-murphy-giant-head.jpg)

Jonman wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:
Yonder wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

What does double minded mean?

Women don't keep their brain in their skulls, instead each breast is an entirely separate, sentient being. One of them is dormant 3 weeks out of the month. During the period that personality comes out and controls the body for that week while the other entity goes dormant.

Double-minded, it's science!

This explains the telekinetic power they have over men, double the brains.

So does this mean busty girls are smarter?

Dunno. Are dudes with giant heads smarter?

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/pYK5s.png)

So when she is lamenting women's right to vote, is she being double minded there? Because that makes a whole lot more sense to me then.

The odd thing is that polls came out recently showing that Mitt Romney is gaining support among women in swing states. It's only one poll, but the conservative war on women's rights doesn't seem to be hurting republicans as much as I would have expected.

Funkenpants wrote:

The odd thing is that polls came out recently showing that Mitt Romney is gaining support among women in swing states. It's only one poll, but the conservative war on women's rights doesn't seem to be hurting republicans as much as I would have expected.

Well, they're not those kind of women.

I was surprised to learn years ago that many women were active in the anti-suffrage movement prior to the passage of the 19th amendment. The largest anti-suffrage group, The National Association Opposed to Woman Suffrage, was started by a woman.

So Lane is just following in the footsteps of her heroines, no doubt.

I... why the hell would someone start a movement to restrict their own rights? Why would they support that? WTF is wrong with people?

Farscry wrote:

I... why the hell would someone start a movement to restrict their own rights? Why would they support that? WTF is wrong with people?

IMAGE(http://instinctmagazine.com/images/stories/blogs/ncampbell/log%20cabin%20logo.jpg)

Farscry wrote:

I... why the hell would someone start a movement to restrict their own rights? Why would they support that? WTF is wrong with people?

I find that people vote against their own self interest frequently. Rarely is it as obvious as something like the right to vote though.

Tanglebones wrote:
Farscry wrote:

I... why the hell would someone start a movement to restrict their own rights? Why would they support that? WTF is wrong with people?

IMAGE(http://instinctmagazine.com/images/stories/blogs/ncampbell/log%20cabin%20logo.jpg)

Actually does anyone have a link to that Craigslist screen shot of all the gay men looking to hook up during the conservative convention in DC? Perfect example.

They had their reasons, most of which I think revolved around stereotypical gender roles of the times (ie. a woman's place is in the home, not the voting booth).

Let's see if I can do this from my phone
Http://www.jwa.org/teach/primarysources/org...

Tanglebones wrote:
Farscry wrote:

I... why the hell would someone start a movement to restrict their own rights? Why would they support that? WTF is wrong with people?

IMAGE(http://instinctmagazine.com/images/stories/blogs/ncampbell/log%20cabin%20logo.jpg)

They're rational enough. Log cabin republicans see the GOP as their home except for that one issue. It's the group you belong if you want to brutalize the poor while sleeping with a member of the same sex.

Farscry wrote:

I... why the hell would someone start a movement to restrict their own rights? Why would they support that? WTF is wrong with people?

In general terms, in societies where one group is oppressed, members of the oppressed group can sometimes benefit themselves by supporting the status quo.

For example, conforming to strict gender roles might make a woman more desirable and respected as a wife and mother, in a patriarchal society. Such a woman would also be likely to encourage her daughters, sisters and friends to act similarly so they can also reap those rewards.

Furthermore, just because something benefits a group in general doesn't mean that every individual necessarily wants it. Take the movement of women into the workforce. If you're an older woman who is content with her role in the home, it is fairly natural to feel some fear over the idea that you might be expected to get a career. Or you might fear that your daughters will not be able to juggle both career and home. Or you might fear losing social status to women who might look down on you for being "just" a homemaker.

Also, if you're a Log Cabin Republican, in one way, you don't "like" women. By participating in the current War on Women, you can really, really not like women in a much nastier way. Win-win!

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Also, if you're a Log Cabin Republican, in one way, you don't "like" women. By participating in the current War on Women, you can really, really not like women in a much nastier way. Win-win!

What about the other side that really like women...?

SixteenBlue wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Also, if you're a Log Cabin Republican, in one way, you don't "like" women. By participating in the current War on Women, you can really, really not like women in a much nastier way. Win-win!

What about the other side that really like women...?

I don't think they're particularly fond of logs, either.

Farscry wrote:

I... why the hell would someone start a movement to restrict their own rights? Why would they support that? WTF is wrong with people?

Getting the pleasure of hurting other women, presumably. Mrs. Lane certainly seems like she'd relish the thought of putting the hurt on some of those double-minded women. The approval of the patriarchy is another perk.

Joe Walsh: ‘Advances In Science And Technology’ Have Erased Need For Abortion Exceptions

“There’s no such exception as life of the mother,” Walsh said after a debate with Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth in Chicago. “And as far as health of the mother, same thing. With advances in science and technology, health of the mother has become a tool for abortions any time, under any reason.”

Asked if he believes there is never a medical need to perform an abortion to save a mother’s life, Walsh said: “Absolutely.”

Tanglebones wrote:

Joe Walsh: ‘Advances In Science And Technology’ Have Erased Need For Abortion Exceptions

“There’s no such exception as life of the mother,” Walsh said after a debate with Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth in Chicago. “And as far as health of the mother, same thing. With advances in science and technology, health of the mother has become a tool for abortions any time, under any reason.”

Asked if he believes there is never a medical need to perform an abortion to save a mother’s life, Walsh said: “Absolutely.”

Ectopic pregnancies are a lie straight from the pits of hell!