Happy Hump Day Survey!

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Yay! I thought of a good one.

Winner.

How could I forget the Princess Bride!?

I'll double down on my entry for last week's "Slow motion scene" of the dive scene in Back to School and submit it for this week's. A testament to the great writing and cinematography of Back to School. A celluloid masterpiece.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Yay! I thought of a good one.

Dang it. I totally forgot that scene and I just re-watched it on Sunday night! I showed it to my buddy, his wife, and their boys because none of them had ever seen it before.

OG_slinger wrote:

I showed it to my buddy, his wife, and their boys because none of them had ever seen it before.

That's the best. I'm hoping they'll play it at a local theater I really like one of these days. I got to see Raiders of the Lost Ark there a couple weeks ago which was probably at the top of my list of movies to see in a cool movie theater. Princess Bride is probably in the top 5.

OG_slinger wrote:

This one starts high...

I was prepared to be disappointing in all of you if this one didn't get posted. :p

Here is another scene from The Matrix (different from what I posted last week) that meets the criteria for both weeks.

Kung Fu Hustle

Whatever you say about Tom Cruise, he gets kudos from me for doing this entire scene without a stuntman. He said (at the time) that filming this was his biggest rush since going up in an F-14.
+1 for Holy Grail "But Mother..." - "Father!"
+1 Matrix copter "I knew it! He's the one!"

This made my balls try to crawl up into my belly at the cinema. Maybe influenced by that Red Bull jump ?

FSeven wrote:

Kung Fu Hustle

Everyone needs to own this movie on Blu-Ray (I do).

I love the barrel of monkeys scene from Iron Man 3. (Actually, I love pretty much all of Iron Man 3)

DiscoDriveby, CptDomano stole all my gravy and ATE IT!

NUH UH!

...jeez you are such a tattletale!

HAPPY HUMP DAY, ALL!!

"If you could yell something to a fictional character, who would you yell at and what would you say?" - courtesy of Oilypenguin

Also, WTF Domano and Q-Stone? I just saw your weird gravy fight. I hope that's not a euphemism

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/1MgI6Pe.png)

Oh gosh, soooo many choices... The first that comes to mind is probably Sookie Stackhouse because I've been watching True Blood lately. Gosh, she has zero common sense. Walking alone at night in the woods? That can be dangerous even in our world, let alone in a world full of crazy bloodthirsty vampires! What's wrong with you?!?!

Titanic - to Rose after the ship has sunk .... "There's room for two of you on there luv !"

I think most of my time spent screaming at a television screen that wasn't bored summer vacation days where the only thing on was Blue's Clues was screaming at Shinji Ikari non-stop watching Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Basically: any film or television show featuring a protagonist that somehow does the dumbest sh*t and sabotages his own chances with a woman, or at being awesome.

I would tell Voltron to just pull out the damn sword.

It's a tossup. Do I yell at Buffy season 7 that just because she's The Slayer doesn't make her right all the time? Or do I yell at that dog in Duck Hunt that he's a bad dog?

I would yell at that lady in Labyrinth that if she just goes straight, she'll get there with plenty of time to spare.

Grenn wrote:

Do I yell at Buffy season 7 that just because she's The Slayer doesn't make her right all the time?

Buffy was the first thing that popped into my mind. I wanted to shake some sense into her since Season 5.

I've been waiting most of my life to say this,

"Shut the f*ck up, Holden. Shut. Up."

oilypenguin wrote:

I've been waiting most of my life to say this,

"Shut the f*ck up, Holden. Shut. Up."

Here here.

Dear Katniss: it doesn't matter which boy you pick. There are more important things going on. Look around you.

oilypenguin wrote:

I've been waiting most of my life to say this,

"Shut the f*ck up, Holden. Shut. Up."

Who?