Persona 5

Demyx wrote:

If it slips to 2016 it'll be a good excuse for me to either play P3 or get a Vita and play P4Golden instead.

Well then. I'm okay with it.

This is a game I would take a couple days off from work to play. If the delay means it's going to be improved I am willing to put up with the wait. I can't think of a time where Atlus has disappointed me with their released product.

Demyx wrote:
Demyx wrote:

If it slips to 2016 it'll be a good excuse for me to either play P3 or get a Vita and play P4Golden instead.

Well then. I'm okay with it.

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed, but I'd be lying if I said that my pile wasn't gigantic.

I would have had to make some tough choices if it came out this year. MGS V and Fallout 4 are going to take up my Fall/Winter as is.

Frankly, I'm impatient for it, but I want the best product they can put together. So if that means it needs more time in the oven, then fine by me.

Tanglebones wrote:
Demyx wrote:
Demyx wrote:

If it slips to 2016 it'll be a good excuse for me to either play P3 or get a Vita and play P4Golden instead.

Well then. I'm okay with it.

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed, but I'd be lying if I said that my pile wasn't gigantic.

Ditto. At least now I won't have to worry about splitting time between this and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

shoptroll wrote:

Ditto. At least now I won't have to worry about splitting time between this and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

That's pretty much how I feel too. And who knows, in the mean time, I might be able to beat both P3 and P4.

That said, holy crap that trailer looks good!

This is the only game I planned on buying for the rest of the year, so I'm bummed.

I've got my Fallout 4 and Star Wars time back now.. and I suppose I'll have my Torment time, if it isn't delayed as well. And.. more time to make P5 cosplays now!

Maybe it's slipping to 2016 so they can do a Vita/PS4 cross-buy release.

IMAGE(http://media.giphy.com/media/4KxeicCUTvhrW/giphy.gif)

For my part, this winter was already jam packed with RPGs. I'm okay with having one less to neglect.

DSGamer wrote:

Maybe it's slipping to 2016 so they can do a Vita/PS4 cross-buy release.

IMAGE(http://media.giphy.com/media/4KxeicCUTvhrW/giphy.gif)

Really? Really? Are you really going to try to make me excited for this just to be let down?

Tanglebones wrote:

That said, holy crap that trailer look good!

Indeed. That's a lot of stuff packed into 4 minutes.

DSGamer wrote:

Maybe it's slipping to 2016 so they can do a Vita/PS4 cross-buy release.

IMAGE(http://media.giphy.com/media/4KxeicCUTvhrW/giphy.gif)

DS. DS never changes.

(Don't hold your breath for it, okay?)

I just watched that last trailer. It's gorgeous. And yeah, there's no way it would run on Vita. I can dream, though.

Let's not forget that they're still doing that hour-long Persona Special Stage this weekend. If all they had to announce was a delay and new trailer for P5 they probably would've saved it til then. Spinoffs and/or remasters are likely incoming.

Demyx wrote:

Let's not forget that they're still doing that hour-long Persona Special Stage this weekend. If all they had to announce was a delay and new trailer for P5 they probably would've saved it til then. Spinoffs and/or remasters are likely incoming.

Hmmm... Persona 2 HD?

Demyx wrote:

Let's not forget that they're still doing that hour-long Persona Special Stage this weekend. If all they had to announce was a delay and new trailer for P5 they probably would've saved it til then. Spinoffs and/or remasters are likely incoming.

Don't tease like that. I would totally take a portable version of Persona 3 that wasn't P3P. Full FES portable.

I hope the PS3 version looks that good.

ClockworkHouse wrote:

For my part, this winter was already jam packed with RPGs. I'm okay with having one less to neglect.

By winter you mean Jan/Feb 2016 right?

Also, holy smokes is 2016 going to be a Japan dominated year.

DSGamer wrote:
Demyx wrote:

Let's not forget that they're still doing that hour-long Persona Special Stage this weekend. If all they had to announce was a delay and new trailer for P5 they probably would've saved it til then. Spinoffs and/or remasters are likely incoming.

Don't tease like that. I would totally take a portable version of Persona 3 that wasn't P3P. Full FES portable.

I'm in the opposite camp. Give me P3 Fes Portable and P4 Golden HD Remasters for PS3/4!

A PS4 version of Persona 4 Golden seems like a fairly safe and unsurprising prediction.

shoptroll wrote:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Sony pays them to kill the PS3 port.

Yup, I can see this. Gotta get Japan excited about the PS4 while the rest of the world already forgot the PS3 exists.

EverythingsTentative wrote:

This is the only game I planned on buying for the rest of the year, so I'm bummed.

Get a Wii U. Love life again.

Ideally if they're going to do a P3 Remaster it would have the best elements from both versions, wouldn't they?

And P4G for PS4 would be great.

In reality, we're actually getting something silly like Persona 4 the Match 3 for iOS.

shoptroll wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:

For my part, this winter was already jam packed with RPGs. I'm okay with having one less to neglect.

By winter you mean Jan/Feb 2016 right?

It depends on what you're interested in and what platforms you're on. Between now and the end of the year, Stella Glow and Legend of Legacy are on the 3DS (and I still haven't gotten to Etrian Odyssey Untold 2), Xenoblade Chronicles X is on the Wii U, and the PS4 is getting Divinity: Original Sin and Wasteland 2, neither of which I've had a chance to play before.

Demyx wrote:

Ideally if they're going to do a P3 Remaster it would have the best elements from both versions, wouldn't they?

If they remaster Persona 3 for any platform, I'll pay them double their asking price for the collector's edition if they take out "Operation Babe Hunt".

I wouldn't rule out an HD remaster hitting PC too. I think SMT in general would do very well there.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
shoptroll wrote:
ClockworkHouse wrote:

For my part, this winter was already jam packed with RPGs. I'm okay with having one less to neglect.

By winter you mean Jan/Feb 2016 right?

It depends on what you're interested in and what platforms you're on. Between now and the end of the year, Stella Glow and Legend of Legacy are on the 3DS (and I still haven't gotten to Etrian Odyssey Untold 2), Xenoblade Chronicles X is on the Wii U, and the PS4 is getting Divinity: Original Sin and Wasteland 2, neither of which I've had a chance to play before.

Ah, I forgot PS4 is getting the bumper crop of Kickstarted PC RPGs that came out earlier this year. Also, LoL is a Fall title in my mind even though I'm sure most of us will be playing it through the winter.

shoptroll wrote:

I wouldn't rule out an HD remaster hitting PC too. I think SMT in general would do very well there.

I would love it if they'd start putting SMT games on PC. I would buy all of them.

I can't wait for that Shin Megami Tensei humble bundle.

tuffalobuffalo in the JRPG thread wrote:

Let's be honest with ourselves. The only thread we'll need for TGS is the Persona 5 thread where we'll all post sad faces when the inevitable delayed-till-2016 announcement gets made.