Battlefield 4 - Catch-All (It's ALIVE)

I'm on Vent. My mic seems to be working fine now. I guess it is just picky about when it works.

I have been playing ARMA3 a lot and going back to BF4 was pure insanity. One map was enough for me last night. Was good to talk to PRG though.

Double XP this weekend

Yeah I hopped back in Thurs night for a round with PRG, Aetius and ThinJ but was on the other team. Was fun to play again and not worry about cpu overheating! Looking forward to playing the new DLC with you guys!

Lightning, I just bought ARMA 3 yesterday so maybe I can get in some of that with you guys as well!

whispa wrote:

Yeah I hopped back in Thurs night for a round with PRG, Aetius and ThinJ but was on the other team. Was fun to play again and not worry about cpu overheating! Looking forward to playing the new DLC with you guys!

Lightning, I just bought ARMA 3 yesterday so maybe I can get in some of that with you guys as well!

Heck yeah!!

Who is up for some Dragons Teeth tonight? Jump on Vent and we can crash a pub server.

KEA_Lightning wrote:

Who is up for some Dragons Teeth tonight? Jump on Vent and we can crash a pub server.

Damn... forgot this was coming out tonight. While I will be away until Friday. Sadface

I missed Double XP? Drat! I was working on a PC all weekend. After seeing JC selling a used one in the Trading Post, I convinced my wife it was time for an upgrade. Got the new Z97 board and i7-4790K. Downloaded BF4 last night.

I hope to be on tonight, but first I am supposed to go see some Ape movie at 7pm EST.

My understanding is that there will be double XP every weekend for a while due to that "Battlefest" event or whatever it is.

I'm hearing good things on twitter about Chainlink as a game mode.

Thin_J wrote:

My understanding is that there will be double XP every weekend for a while due to that "Battlefest" event or whatever it is.

I'm hearing good things on twitter about Chainlink as a game mode.

Pretty sure it's Double XP the first and last weekends of Battlefest. I hope I'm wrong, though!

?? I try to hit a dragon teeth server and it says I need to download the expac? I check for updates and it says i'm updated 100%. I'm definitely premium.

edit: this was annoying

1. Log out and fully exit Origin
2. Open your Registry Editor - Type in regedit on the Start Menu Search field and press Enter
3. Navigate through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4
4. Check if there is a folder named Xpack3 under Battlefield 4
If YES -> Click on Xpack3, on the right pane check if there is a string named Installed, the Value data should be True
If NO - right-click on Battlefield 4 > New > Key
- a new folder will be created, name it Xpack3
- right-click on Xpack1 > New > String Value > name it Installed
- on the right-pane, double-click on Installed, set Value Data to True
5. Exit Registry Editor
6. Log in to Origin and Join Dragon Teeth Maps

Hey pals. Was looking for a GWJ platoon for PS4, but my search results only turned up ps3 and x360. Do we have one? Regardless, I'd love to add a few folks from the forums to get into some trouble online.

I came back from that Apes movie and when I went to join the game, I had to sit and wait for a 7gb download.

*sigh*

By the time I got in, I was able to finish the last third of a round with some of you, then you all bailed because it was so late.

Hopefully, things will go better on Thursday.

PRG013 wrote:

I came back from that Apes movie and when I went to join the game, I had to sit and wait for a 7gb download.

*sigh*

By the time I got in, I was able to finish the last third of a round with some of you, then you all bailed because it was so late.

Hopefully, things will go better on Thursday.

We noticed you. I hope to get more games in with you all as well.

UGH!! I played for a bit last night and getting shot through walls, the screen being way too cluttered with nametags and health status, overpowered Pistols, and a 64 player server (which I normally do not play) just got to me. Sorry for leaving so abruptly.

KEA_Lightning wrote:

UGH!! I played for a bit last night and getting shot through walls, the screen being way too cluttered with nametags and health status, overpowered Pistols, and a 64 player server (which I normally do not play) just got to me. Sorry for leaving so abruptly.

The new maps, at least in that new Chainlink mode, tend to focus both teams on a specific area or two of the map at a time. This is always going to be disgusting on 48 or 64 player servers. I think 32 is probably top end for a game that doesnt feel like a hectic mess.

I havent played Chainlink yet myself or even the new maps but I've watched a good bit if the more prominent BF streamers and gone through a lot of youtube coverage and it all seems to agree with that at least in genera.

And one of the new maps is already regarded as a super pretty but badly designed clusterf*ck of a level. The other three seem to be solid, at least when played with a reasonable player count.

JohnyeRobbles wrote:

Hey pals. Was looking for a GWJ platoon for PS4, but my search results only turned up ps3 and x360. Do we have one? Regardless, I'd love to add a few folks from the forums to get into some trouble online.

I don't know of an official Platoon, but a few of us play sometimes. Check out the Battlefield for the Unwashed Masses thread. Ballotechnic, CptGlanton and Localgod54 are on sometimes, Localgod, especially. He and I play with some other folks regularly on Monday nights as part of a separate Platoon. Join in if you want! I'm ilduce620 on PSN.

I was getting hit through walls a few times too, which seemed to have been fixed with the netcode update on the non-DT maps. Still has a really fun capture the flag match on the gardens map I think. The riverways make it easy to reach the enemy flag quickly, so both teams have to be good at defending and capturing at all times.

ilduce620 wrote:
JohnyeRobbles wrote:

Hey pals. Was looking for a GWJ platoon for PS4, but my search results only turned up ps3 and x360. Do we have one? Regardless, I'd love to add a few folks from the forums to get into some trouble online.

I don't know of an official Platoon, but a few of us play sometimes. Check out the Battlefield for the Unwashed Masses thread. Ballotechnic, CptGlanton and Localgod54 are on sometimes, Localgod, especially. He and I play with some other folks regularly on Monday nights as part of a separate Platoon. Join in if you want! I'm ilduce620 on PSN.

Feel free to add me as well. - PSN: Localgod54
Try and throw something in the invite about being from gwj. I get squirrely about random invites.

Localgod54 wrote:

I get squirrely...

Full stop.

Is it still worth jumping into BF4 this late in the game? I'm sort of stuck in limbo. I can't decide if I should pick up BF4 for my ps3 and ride it out. Eventually I plan to pick up a ps4...but would probably end up picking up Hardline if it's done well.

rocksteady wrote:

Is it still worth jumping into BF4 this late in the game? I'm sort of stuck in limbo. I can't decide if I should pick up BF4 for my ps3 and ride it out. Eventually I plan to pick up a ps4...but would probably end up picking up Hardline if it's done well.

I would question getting it for PS3. PS4, sure.

I guess I would call myself a Battlefield "purist" for all the elitism that might suggest, the one and only reason I have played these games since the original is to play on the biggest maps with the highest possible player count. Total combined arms warfare is the reason I play this series, full stop. And here we go again, as BF3 did as well with certain map packs, trying to be all things to all players and attract the CoD crowd with these small infantry-focused maps. And Disclaimer I also play CoD and it provides a completely different experience and I don't need my Battlefield trying to emulate it. Hey I'm sure there are BF players that welcome these options but clearly here's a map expansion that is simply not meant for players like me.

I dont know that was my original sentiment when Close Quarters first came out.

It turned out to be the expansion I played MOST, and completely squelched any need I had for purchasing COD games from that point on.

AcidCat wrote:

I guess I would call myself a Battlefield "purist" for all the elitism that might suggest, the one and only reason I have played these games since the original is to play on the biggest maps with the highest possible player count. Total combined arms warfare is the reason I play this series, full stop. And here we go again, as BF3 did as well with certain map packs, trying to be all things to all players and attract the CoD crowd with these small infantry-focused maps. And Disclaimer I also play CoD and it provides a completely different experience and I don't need my Battlefield trying to emulate it. Hey I'm sure there are BF players that welcome these options but clearly here's a map expansion that is simply not meant for players like me.

There's always been a mix of infantry and armor maps in Battlefield games. Most of the maps in BF 1942 had few vehicles to begin with. I believe one of the most vehicle intensive maps had 3 tanks for each team. Compared to BF2, 3, and 4 that is nothing.

I definitely don't see this new expansion to be catering to COD players. The Close Quarters expansion in BF3 catered to that play style. So far from what I've played of the new maps there are two of them that are entirely focused on infantry combat. The other two don't have that many vehicles to use, but those vehicles can change the entire round.

I would agree that there aren't many large scale vehicle maps like the ones seen in Armored Kill for BF3. Most of the Battlefield games so far have had at least one map that is just so vehicle heavy it is pointless to be on foot. In BF4 there are a few China Rising maps that fit that description.

Gimpy_Butzke wrote:

I would agree that there aren't many large scale vehicle maps like the ones seen in Armored Kill for BF3. Most of the Battlefield games so far have had at least one map that is just so vehicle heavy it is pointless to be on foot. In BF4 there are a few China Rising maps that fit that description.

Armored Kill was also my least played BF3 expansion. But yes, China Rising is kind of like it in some ways.

I need more time with the new stuff, but my initial impressions were that I was having fun. I think I only played three maps once each, though.

I like to have a good mix of infantry focused and combined arms focused maps. Air and non-air.

The real question is: Is anyone playing tonight?

PRG013 wrote:

The real question is: Is anyone playing tonight?

Yes I am playing tonight. I will have to pull myself away from the Destiny Beta but I'll be on. Expect to see me between 6pm and 9pm PDT.

I'm sure I'll join, but not in a 64 player server.

So much downloading. I thought i had it all downloaded then it tells me it wasn't, so i had to download it again... sigh. Hopefully it's all good when I get home tonight.