Star Trek Online Catch-All

Oddrune wrote:

Do you guys have any interest in trying to get on at one time and do something together?

Weird double post...

Armedbushido is in a more active fleet, he can help you out if you're looking for ppl to play with more regularly.

armedbushido wrote:

FYI - if any plan to come back and are thinking of joining a new fleet I recommend the one I am in.

http://starfleeteliteforce.guildport...

They are casual and no role play; however, they are uber ST nerds and a great group. You can refer me in the app. Not trying to take away from CWJ, just trying to give you guys some options. Like all MMO there not much fun solo all the time and even the worst is better when you have active groups.

/salute

Hey why didn't anyone tell me free purple duty officer this week?

Login before Mar 28 and talk to the academy doff contact on both sides for a free Exocomp and Reman respectively.

Look for [email protected], I'm in a very active fleet with a tier 4 starbase. I play... a lot. We use TS as well. Nice group of guys with good leadership.

Stele wrote:

Hey why didn't anyone tell me free purple duty officer this week?

Login before Mar 28 and talk to the academy doff contact on both sides for a free Exocomp and Reman respectively.

Where do you get this officer? I went to Starfleet Academy, got the Buff for DOFF XP, but can't figure out how to get the other.
Any suggestions?

Andon wrote:
Stele wrote:

Hey why didn't anyone tell me free purple duty officer this week?

Login before Mar 28 and talk to the academy doff contact on both sides for a free Exocomp and Reman respectively.

Where do you get this officer? I went to Starfleet Academy, got the Buff for DOFF XP, but can't figure out how to get the other.
Any suggestions?

It's a mission from that same contact. And the guy you turn the mission into is like 10 feet away, in that same room. Boom, purple DOFF.

Legacy of Romulus. May 21st, 2013.

Romulus and Remus are gone. You are one of the survivors, struggling to survive in the aftermath of unspeakable destruction.

These are dark and dangerous times for your people, as the Tal Shiar crack down on any dissent and mysterious beings unleash terror throughout the far-flung colony worlds.

You will be the one to reshape an empire. Gather allies, go undercover and find the proof that will rally your people to revolt.

Together, you will rise up against an oppressive regime and demand freedom. You will fight for your people.

You are the Legacy of Romulus.

Yeah heard it was coming. I guess F2P is working out for them since they're able to do an expansion like that.

Stele wrote:

Yeah heard it was coming. I guess F2P is working out for them since they're able to do an expansion like that.

They've been teasing it for the past few weeks. There were going to be a lot of pissed people if Romulans weren't playable in this, believe you me.

Whatchoo think: $20? $30? I haven't seen a price yet...

Here's some more info, courtesy of Massively, on the new expansion. And it answers my question from the previous post.

The Legacy of Romulus is scheduled to be released on May 21st, 2013 and contains what appears to be a mountain of new content. Best of all, the new expansion is absolutely free to all players.

Sweet!

According to the promotional material listed on expansion's site, when it's released, players will have the ability to "create [a] character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level [the] captain from one to 50."

It was this statement that took many of us by surprise. Why? Because this means that somehow the Klingon faction has also been fleshed out. How? None of us is quite sure, and I am hopeful that the promised influx of dev blogs will answer what are numerous questions on just how much new playable Klingon content will really be coming with the expansion.

Double sweet!

Oh yeah nice catch. Klingon was always weird starting at a higher level, and nice to see the Romulans getting some love.

I might have to buy one extra character slot just for fun.

Hey, Xek. We have a Starbase, but it is tiny and not upgraded. Folding into another might be wise.

I'm thinking about reinstalling. Does CoJ have a starbase, or did we more or less fold into someone else's guild?

It occured to me that while I got into my Galaxy-class ship, I need to complete the geeking out experience and get into a Sovereign.

Just got back in. Trying to figure out where all the bodies are buried at this point. Looks like I'm still in CWJ, so there's that at least.

Man, since when did game content level with you? I'm halfway through the Romulan Front (which is like the second set of quests) and I've been doing the optional sector patrols which they seem to have changed since the last time I played. It seems like the stars on the map that have clear bubbles around them have the optional patrols, which are all their own separate quests now - they used to be all part of one quest that you'd get upon entering the sector. The upside is that you level a lot faster with them - I'm Captain 37 - but the downside is that they seem to level with you, because Dederex Battlecruisers wipe the floor with me now. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong with how I'm skilling up/equipping my ship?

What is there to do for someone ~ Level 16?

I have to say, the Duty Officer game (if you can even call it that) is sort of fun in a weird, facebook-game sort of way, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. Most of the story missions have high level requirements, and I've done the ones with the lower ones.

Preview of the new Romulan content. Sounds pretty good...may have to jump back in...

I was able to play to level 11 (Centurion) on the Romulan faction before I needed to write this column in time to make my deadline. However, those 11 levels made up what was probably some of the most riveting, compelling, and fascinating gameplay I have ever experienced in STO. One word can actually be used to describe the story, and that's personal.

Cutscenes (although the voice-overs were not yet implemented) and rich landscapes were prevalent, but events are so different from what's available to the other factions that it's actually quite difficult not get wrapped up in all of it. By the time a climactic scene occured right before I was asked to affiliate with the Federation or KDF, I was so angry at everyone, and I mean everyone, that it took me a full 10 minutes to decide which side I would assist.

If anyone thinks that the Romulans will somehow end up catering to either the KDF or the Feds, I will now personally reassure you that I don't think it's psychologically possible. Yes, I chose an ally, but it's only for convenience's sake. My character answers to no one except the Republic.

So what are my first impressions? Simply this: From what I've gathered from the first 11 levels, this may be the best material Cryptic has ever dreamt up.

Wow, awesome. Thanks for posting here. I'll absolutely check it out once they add voice acting.

Keithustus wrote:

Wow, awesome. Thanks for posting here. I'll absolutely check it out once they add voice acting.

Presumably, the voice acting will all be finished by the time they release the content later this month. It just wasn't in there when this author played it on the Tribble test server.

It's out, I've been playing a new Romulan captain. The content is pretty good so far, I just hit level 20. Lots of cutscenes, and your crew are actual characters.

The storyline is... very Romulan. Lots of spying and stuff, and the new ships abilities with the singularity core is... interesting.

Couldn't log in the other night. Got patched, but login queue was like 1k. And it was having trouble switching between my characters anyway. I like the new login screen where it shows your captain and BOFFs together. But I only could see one.

Might try again soon. It does appear that I still have one open slot for a character, so could make a new Romulan.

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out, probably briefly this weekend. Question: as a lifer, has my balance of Cryptic points or whatever been accumulating all the while since I've been away from the game these last months?

Keithustus wrote:

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out, probably briefly this weekend. Question: as a lifer, has my balance of Cryptic points or whatever been accumulating all the while since I've been away from the game these last months?

I logged in after a while and saw my character listed as inactive. My pts were capped at 2000... So looks like they do not give you zen once you stop logging in after a few months.

Hit 50 on the Romulan character. Leveling was extremely fast until around 43, where the Romulan feature series ends.

One warning: any fed/klink t5 vice admiral ships you've bought aren't allowed to be used by Romulans. The available T5 warbirds are all cruiser/escort archetypes, so don't plan on making a heavy science focused character, unless you're in a fleet with a t5 shipyard, where you can get the only science ship available to the Romulans.

Gosh I haven't even created a Romulan yet...

Leveling is FAST as a Romulan. You get around 1.05 levels worth of experience per story mission, and they're anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes long(more of them are towards the shorter durations). I was level 20 after around 8 hours or play, and 40 after about 20. I haven't played every day, either.

Good to know. I just reformatted my SSD. Perhaps I'll have to put STO back on to give 'er a try...

Okay, I just started playing again after a seven month hiatus, or longer. I didn't really keep count. I hit 50 on my Fed Eng captain forever ago and didn't really get what to do at 50, I just puttered around in a Star Cruiser zotting things and catching Borg events now and again. I lost interest, but some local friends are playing again, so I got back to it and now everything seems even more bizarre. What is all the currency? What is with these projects and rep things? It's a touch overwhelming and there's not really a lot of indication where to go or what to do. I'll admit I didn't dig a whole bunch to find answers - I just sort've poked around for about 45 mins with a "oh god what is this now?" look on my face the whole time and then gave up.

Can someone help me with a bit of a for serious rundown what I should be farming/doing/going to at 50?

Brizahd wrote:
Keithustus wrote:

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out, probably briefly this weekend. Question: as a lifer, has my balance of Cryptic points or whatever been accumulating all the while since I've been away from the game these last months?

I logged in after a while and saw my character listed as inactive. My pts were capped at 2000... So looks like they do not give you zen once you stop logging in after a few months.

I dunno about that, I'm up to 4k or I was the last time I logged in.

AnimeJ wrote:
Brizahd wrote:
Keithustus wrote:

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out, probably briefly this weekend. Question: as a lifer, has my balance of Cryptic points or whatever been accumulating all the while since I've been away from the game these last months?

I logged in after a while and saw my character listed as inactive. My pts were capped at 2000... So looks like they do not give you zen once you stop logging in after a few months.

I dunno about that, I'm up to 4k or I was the last time I logged in.

Yeah I guess I could be talking out of my rear. I just assumed I stopped getting pts when I went inactive cause I expected to have more than 2k.

Brizahd wrote:
AnimeJ wrote:
Brizahd wrote:
Keithustus wrote:

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out, probably briefly this weekend. Question: as a lifer, has my balance of Cryptic points or whatever been accumulating all the while since I've been away from the game these last months?

I logged in after a while and saw my character listed as inactive. My pts were capped at 2000... So looks like they do not give you zen once you stop logging in after a few months.

I dunno about that, I'm up to 4k or I was the last time I logged in.

Yeah I guess I could be talking out of my rear. I just assumed I stopped getting pts when I went inactive cause I expected to have more than 2k.

I had a period like that too, but I came back a few months later and had 4k total. No idea what I'm up to now, though.