Star Trek Online Catch-All

Taken roll call to see how many will be returning for Season 6?

Trying to remember why this game didn't grab me. I think I'm just tired of soloing in MMOs hehe

So has anyone tried the sexy new Odyssey variants that they released. These might pull me back in.

armedbushido wrote:

Taken roll call to see how many will be returning for Season 6?

I have a lifetime sub, so I tend to drop in whenever there's new content.

Does my lifetime sub get me anything at this point?

deftly wrote:
armedbushido wrote:

Taken roll call to see how many will be returning for Season 6?

I have a lifetime sub, so I tend to drop in whenever there's new content.

Does my lifetime sub get me anything at this point?

Not sure when the last time you logged in? If it been a while you might want to take peek.

I recommend looking at the F2P matrix if you have not already - http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_fe...

Nevin73 wrote:

So has anyone tried the sexy new Odyssey variants that they released. These might pull me back in.

I have not - I do not have the CP and I looking to spend the ones I have on other things. The Odyssey variants look cool, but the turn rate on the those things turn me off.

karmajay wrote:

Trying to remember why this game didn't grab me. I think I'm just tired of soloing in MMOs hehe

Understand - 85% of my time in STO is solo outside of the STF missions.

I will probably be poking my head back in this weekend.

I'll drop in every now and then. Wished I landed one of those sweet Jem'Hadar ships. Sadly not the case.

I still drop in from time to time. Once Season 6 releases, I'll hit 'er up again. Just playing other games right now!

Here is a summary of Seasone 6 and Post 6 from the wiki - take all with a grain of salt as things change. Still a good read! http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content

Season 6: Under Siege (June)

Tribble testing by early June[1]. Release is tentative for mid-June [2][3][4] and bringing major upgrades to fleet gameplay, the Foundry and PvP (to be released "one step at a time") [3][5][6][7][8][9][10]
[edit] Revamp of fleet gameplay

* Fleet Advancement System [3][5][11]
o Detailed post with screenshots
o Tie-in of Duty Officer System [5]
+ Involves Military, Engineering, and Science areas[12]
# Fleet projects will include new functionality to starbases, additional contacts (such as additional duty officer assignments, mail, banking, skill respecs, bridge officer training), "fleet stores" for new ships and elite equipment, limited time buffs, and aesthetic improvements to starbases[12]
# Functionality includes ship switching, personal and ship tailors. No fleet uniforms. [13]
* Refits include many (but not all) earlier tier ships up to Tier 5 [14]
# Increasing tier in Military would develop shipyard facility, in Engineering would develop Industrial Replicators, and Science would affect system's Communications Array.[12]
o Ability to unlock fleet perks, e.g., more fleet bank space (Season 6 or earlier) [15]
o Top-tier rewards include new starships, equipment, duty officers, and consumable Operational Assets (which can only be used in group of special space and ground challenges)[12]
o Starbase interior has special contacts and functionaltiy such as bank access, ship dock facilities, social spaces, starbase level sickbays, etc.[12]
o Fleet Merits to be used in fleet stores for unique new ships, weapons, duty officers, and other specialized equipment[12]
* Ability to "craft"/construct and manage fleet starbases [15] and ships [16][10]
o Teaser images and artworks, 6 more Fed images, Klingon starbase, 5 more KDF images,
o StarBase system 1,2,3,4,5
o Five tiers of starbase construction [17]
+ Upgrading starbase has many costs, including dilithium: Tier 0 to Tier I is 22,000 Refined dilithium icon.png whereas Tier IV to Tier V is 1,250,000 Refined dilithium icon.png (hard-capped to take 7+ months minimum) [18]
o New item type, Fleet Marks, will drop in new max-level content and will be essential to advance fleet Projects[19]
o Tholians will be making their first appearance in Fleet Starbase Challenges as a max-level enemy (allowing 5-20 players)[20][19][1][10]
o Including shipyards to costumize/upgrade ships, e.g., creating a refit Sovereign class [21]
* High-end content designed for fleets, e.g., STF-like instances for 10 or 20 players [16]
o "Revamp of the end-game loot structure", including STF drops [6][4][11]
* Fleet Level (obtained through completing Fleet Projects) will show recruits how much progress a fleet has made before joining[19]

[edit] New Foundry assets

* Various additions of features and improvements to the UI of the foundry editor [22][21][10]
* Making more content from seasons 5 to 6 (including new Tholian enemy group) available for the Foundry [21]
* Many major changes will not be available until debut of Cryptic's game Neverwinter [20]
* Updated dialog editor [21]: More control over dialogues/behaviours and their triggered changes [6]
* More options for door locations and types [6]
* Creating "Feature Foundry Episode Series" or "campaigns", i.e., ability to create a sorted string of several foundry missions [6][22]
* Specially advertised "Feature Foundry Missions" offering new types of rewards for players and authors [20][6][21]
o Ability to subscribe to specific Foundry authors [22]
o Remastering (cutscenes etc.) and incorporating the best Foundry missions into the hard code of the game as part of the official story line; possibly replacing some of the less popular Cryptic missions [4]

[edit] "Total rework" of PvP system

(Most of it likely coming during the later parts of season 6 [23])

* Focus on improving space combat before ground combat [20]
* Either replacing current PvP maps or revamping the existing ones [11]
o Transferring existing PvE maps (Facility 4028 amongst others) to ground PvP maps, possibly with capture-the-flag mod [22][4]
* All PVP in the new system will be cross faction queues [24]
* Matchmaking, e.g. matching people of comparable gear level [16]
* Rewards based on participation more than completion [25]
o PvP leaderboard [16][8]
* King of the Hill PvP map for space and/or ground [26][4]

[edit] Further contents

* New end-game group missions (aside from fleet-starbase events), including "Colony Rescue," "No Win Scenario", and "3v3 PvP" [21][10][1]
o No Win Scenario and Colony Rescue on Tribble as of 23 May 2012
o No Win-event for 5 players granting rewards after each survived wave of incoming ships. Players won't be expected to last past wave five or six. [23]
o New Borg incursion-like events and Defera-Ground Invasion-like map against the Tholians [11][10]
* Exclusive starship "material" and uniform variant as 900 day veteran reward (July 3, 2012)
o Speculative: Gold-pressed latinum skin
* Exclusive starship variant as 1000 day veteran reward (October 11, 2012)

[edit] Featured Episode Series 5 (July)

Since May 2012, there has been increasing speculation on the cost effectiveness of additional feature episodes. As of June there has been no decision except that it will not be during Season 6 launch.

* Will feature Tholian enemy faction [27][28][26][11]: Concept art
* Possibly adding new locations in the Alpha Quadrant [21]

[edit] TBA Season 6

* New EV suit mission takes captain to hostile planet and face off against a challenging new foe[1] (Tholians?)
* New drop-only "prestige" sets, making previous ones available for Encrypted Data Chip icon.png [29]
o Possible Klingon Honor Guard variants [23]
* Iconians as new major enemy faction after the Borg and Tholians [30][5][11][1]
* Further Foundry improvements
o NPC patrols/pathways in interiors [6][21]
o New enemy behaviour settings [21]
o Interior editor [21]
o Ability to prepopulate maps with prefab detail object layouts [21]
* Ability to have a default "small craft" to enter events like Vault Shuttle Event without having to manually switch to a shuttle [20]
* New STF: Into the Hive [26][4]
o Will involve going to a unimatrix complex and confronting the new Borg Queen herself [31]
* Remastering of STF: Terradome [5]
* Bridge officers who are put in as First Officer, Chief Engineer, Chief Medical Officer, etc. gain some new abilities/perks [32][31][33][34][35][36]
o Department Heads and First Officer will leverage Bridge Officer skill points and can be individually augmented by Duty Officers of their respective departments [37]
o First Officers will grant additional lower-level Captain powers depending on their respective specialization [38][39]

[edit] Missions

* Return of DS9 Under Siege fleet action [31]
* Improved queuing [6] of fleet actions
* More daily missions:
o New daily mission(s) taking place in Hathon on Bajor [4]
o Daily missions near neighborhood of Sol System and Qo'noS [26][11]
+ Mission rewards including "Red Squad" (and elite Klingon academy) cadet costumes [31]
* More aliens, like Tamarians, from TV shows and movies [31]

[edit] Concepts and Systems

* Ability to warp to a friend and/or improving travel between sectors[26]
* "Focus Target" added to UI (Season 6 or shortly thereafter) [40]

[edit] Items and Costumes

* More latinum store items [41]
o Possible "High-stakes" Dabo night with high end rewards[30]
* More Klingon hairstyle options (C-Store) [15]
* Animated Andorian antennae [42][5]
* Federation EV suits [43]

[edit] Ships

* Saucer separation for the Galaxy-X Dreadnought Cruiser [44][7]
o Separation mode
* New escort ("a few months from February") [45], possible references:
o Tier 5 Akira class escort [46]
o Tier 5 Merian class escort [46]
* Tier 5 Klingon ships:
o Tier 5 Bird-of-Prey Hegh'ta Refit [47]
o Tier 5 Raptor Qin Refit [47]
+ pic?
o Tier 5 Battle Cruiser Negh'Var Refit [47]
* Longer term ideas:
o New Bird-of-Prey skins for the B'rel (D'Gavama) and QulDun (MChar) [48]
o Vesta class, possibly as science vessel (approved by CBS in February 2012 [49]; no rights given yet, though [7][50]; talks are "in progress" [21])

[edit] Possible

* Customize fleet starbase and ship exteriors/interiors in Foundry [42][26][51]
* New Fed tutorial mission probably involving Starfleet Academy and the Kobayashi Maru test [31][26][28]
* Increased ship interior functionality [26][52]
* Melee combat improvements [31]
o Vulcan Lirpas, Andorian Ushaan-tor knives, and Klingon bat'leths from special weaponsmiths [8]
o Open melee-only PvP arenas on Vulcan, Andoria, Qo'noS, Rura Penthe [26][28]

Post-Season 6

* Crafting revamp: Currently on hold in order to focus on fleet starbases [53][54]
o Incorporating new content, i.e., crafting missions [6]
o Duty Officer assignments to allow your staff to upgrade items and systems on your ship [55][6]; crafting/kitbashing better versions of ships [16]
* Exploration revamp
o Plan is dependent on changes being introduces with the Fleet Advancement system and Fleet ownership of Starbases [11]
* More Mini-games (after Season 6) [26]
* Convert First Officer to playable Captain and vice versa [26]
o This would allow for Reman, Breen and Jem'Hadar playable captain species [55]
o Converting veteran reward-Android bridge officer will not be possible (vetoed by CBS) [5]
* Revamp of kits [7]
o New/custom kits [42]
o Only one power per kit, but one additional kit-slot per rank (5 as admiral) [7]
* Possibly: Andorian ship (likely tier 5 refit Kumari escort) [26][56][46][21]

ilduce620 wrote:

I still drop in from time to time. Once Season 6 releases, I'll hit 'er up again. Just playing other games right now!

StaggerLee wrote:

I'll drop in every now and then. Wished I landed one of those sweet Jem'Hadar ships. Sadly not the case.

Well I hope to see all!!! GWJ Starbase....

Massively posted a summary of some of the stuff listed above, if you'd like to read through in a non-list format.

Specifically, with regards to Fleet Advancement:

"There are two basic types of Fleet Project(s) -- standard and upgrade. Upgrade projects, once started, can take anywhere from days (at the early tiers) to weeks (at the upper tiers) to complete. Only one upgrade project can be undergone at a time. Very large fleets (say, 50+ active player accounts) will tend to fill up their upgrade projects quickly, certainly much more quickly than smaller fleets, but they will still have to do the upgrades one at a time and wait the completion time.

Above a fleet size of about 25 active player accounts playing two to three times a week, the expectation is that these fleets will fill up project requirements quickly but be gated by the time it takes for the upgrade projects to complete.

A smaller fleet of five to ten active player accounts will certainly be able to make progress, even quick progress at the early Starbase tiers, but it will likely take that fleet longer to accumulate the necessary resources for the various fleet projects."

Realistically, we're probably in that bottom tier. So, I bet we'll be able to make some progress toward building a starbase, and it may not take until 2020 to do it!

ilduce620 wrote:

Massively posted a summary of some of the stuff listed above, if you'd like to read through in a non-list format.

Specifically, with regards to Fleet Advancement:

"There are two basic types of Fleet Project(s) -- standard and upgrade. Upgrade projects, once started, can take anywhere from days (at the early tiers) to weeks (at the upper tiers) to complete. Only one upgrade project can be undergone at a time. Very large fleets (say, 50+ active player accounts) will tend to fill up their upgrade projects quickly, certainly much more quickly than smaller fleets, but they will still have to do the upgrades one at a time and wait the completion time.

Above a fleet size of about 25 active player accounts playing two to three times a week, the expectation is that these fleets will fill up project requirements quickly but be gated by the time it takes for the upgrade projects to complete.

A smaller fleet of five to ten active player accounts will certainly be able to make progress, even quick progress at the early Starbase tiers, but it will likely take that fleet longer to accumulate the necessary resources for the various fleet projects."

Realistically, we're probably in that bottom tier. So, I bet we'll be able to make some progress toward building a starbase, and it may not take until 2020 to do it! :-)

Agreed - Unfortnately we need people in the later Tiers more than at first...

I just pee'd a little in my pants!

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/3241

Photon Torpedo Point Defense...

armedbushido wrote:

I just pee'd a little in my pants!

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/3241

I may have to drop the $25 for 2000 points - do not want to wait 5 months....

armedbushido wrote:

I just pee'd a little in my pants!

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/3241

Bad. Ass. Think I'm only ~800 short.

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577833245621000647/A773E45B7EAC6376990CAA69F5A6D2FE6DF1645F/)

IMAGE(http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577833245620989778/AA5CEA0658022A2082D9BC5C97983EADB956A45F/)

That is one sexy ship!

Complete with Borg upgrades. Teh hottness, indeed.

ilduce620 wrote:

Complete with Borg upgrades. Teh hottness, indeed. :-)

Actually it all Borg with MACO MkXII shield - so three piece borg one MACO. Looking to probably setup with two Borg two MACO.

armedbushido wrote:
ilduce620 wrote:

Massively posted a summary of some of the stuff listed above, if you'd like to read through in a non-list format.

Specifically, with regards to Fleet Advancement:

"There are two basic types of Fleet Project(s) -- standard and upgrade. Upgrade projects, once started, can take anywhere from days (at the early tiers) to weeks (at the upper tiers) to complete. Only one upgrade project can be undergone at a time. Very large fleets (say, 50+ active player accounts) will tend to fill up their upgrade projects quickly, certainly much more quickly than smaller fleets, but they will still have to do the upgrades one at a time and wait the completion time.

Above a fleet size of about 25 active player accounts playing two to three times a week, the expectation is that these fleets will fill up project requirements quickly but be gated by the time it takes for the upgrade projects to complete.

A smaller fleet of five to ten active player accounts will certainly be able to make progress, even quick progress at the early Starbase tiers, but it will likely take that fleet longer to accumulate the necessary resources for the various fleet projects."

Realistically, we're probably in that bottom tier. So, I bet we'll be able to make some progress toward building a starbase, and it may not take until 2020 to do it! :-)

Agreed - Unfortnately we need people in the later Tiers more than at first...

If others in the GWJer Fleet are going to be working towards making this happen, I may actually spend some time in STO (rather than my last few months of trying ot get one of the special ships, like the Jem'Hadar or Caradassian, and failing to do so, then quitting out).

When does this all kick off?

IMAGE(http://www.startrekonline.com/dyncontent/startrek/gic/text/706e969f2721f9b2aed65ca76b5939e6.png)

Greetings Captains!

After a long hiatus, I’m happy to announce the return of the Star Trek Online “State of the Game”. This feature is your insider view into what the team is working on and what to expect as Star Trek Online continues to grow and improve Season after Season.

After the last major update, and the subsequent launch of “Free-To-Play”, the game was streamlined so that new players would find it relatively easy to progress through all of the episodic story arcs in the game. Prior to F2P, players would often need to grind non-episodic content in order to get to the next arc. Now that this has been addressed, we’re happy to report that many more players are finding their way to higher levels of gameplay. So now that the previous Season helped get players to Max Level, what comes next?

The answer is our next big update, “Season 6: Under Siege”.

This soon-to-be-released update incorporates many requests from the 8000+ Fleets by offering more features and gameplay mechanics specifically designed for Fleets. This new Advancement System will allow Fleets to collectively own and operate “Holdings” that represent infrastructure within the STO Galaxy. The first Holding will be the Fleet Starbase. To see an overview of how Holdings are created and managed, check out this great article by Heretic that goes into more detail.

Fleets will now have the challenge of completing group projects that unlock new rewards and benefits as their Starbase progresses. In addition, there will be secondary projects offering limited-time improvements to the internal look and feel of their Starbase. Over time, the Starbase will grow and become more unique and identifiable as the Fleet’s HQ.

With Fleets ranging in size from 5 up to 500 players, Fleets of all sizes will find appropriate challenges and rewards available to all Fleet members. It is not impossible for a Fleet with less than 5 members to achieve maximum level in their Starbase holding. It will be challenging, but not impossible. The rewards will be well worth it.

To go along with your Fleet’s Starbase, we are also adding new maximum-level missions that challenge players looking to make a name for themselves in the Galaxy. With mission names like “No Win Scenario” and “Starbase Defense”, players can expect the fight will be coming to them, putting their skills and gear up to the task of taking on numerous enemies at once.

This next update will also introduce our newest enemy group, the Tholians. These iconic aliens, made famous in the Star Trek episode “Tholian Web”, have a mastery over energy web-weaving that will have some players feverishly looking for their Ship’s abilities to find a solution. Being trapped in a matrix of pure energy requires quick thinking before the web closes in. While the Tholians make their introduction in “Under Siege”, you can expect much more from this mysterious group of aliens as they take center stage in Season 7, due out later this year.

By focusing on End Game missions and introducing compelling new ways to earn rewards while working as a Fleet, this Season provides a much-needed goal for players wondering what the next challenge will be.

As with previous big updates, there are a lot of other nice additions coming to the game as well. “Under Siege” also includes improvements for the Foundry by adding several nice to have features players have been asking for, as well as new assets and maps.

Shortly after the update, and prior to the release of Season 7, we plan to add in official rewards and in-game UI for Foundry Spotlight missions. We will also be addressing concerns players have voiced over event timers and lockboxes. While we are not doing away with timed events, we will be making adjustments that will allow players to experience these fun and compelling missions more frequently outside of their normal schedule timeslots.

As far as lockboxes go, we have heard the feedback loud and clear and have already started to make adjustments to improve the way players can win those rare and exciting limited-time ships, such as the Jem’Hadar Attack Ship. While you will still see lockboxes in the future, we are making improvements to add more rewards and excitement when opening up new boxes in the future. This also will go hand in hand with an overhaul of the LOBI store.

In addition, leading up to Season 7, you can expect more quality of life improvements, such as the ability to denote a default small craft, so that when you queue up for small craft missions, you don’t have to constantly swap back and forth from your ship in order to queue for the event. The team is continuously working on these types of improvements. Make sure to check out the weekly release notes to find out when they make it into the game.

The STO team continues to grow, and as such, our ability to tackle big issues increases week over week. No matter how you slice it, the biggest question is when are we going to add “more stuff to do” to the game? “Under Siege” will certainly get the ball rolling with a challenging project system that will take several months to tackle, along with several new max level missions designed to push your ships to their breaking point.

eyond that, Season 7 will be entirely focused on adding a new sector and content to the game. In addition to the Tholians, you’ll be seeing the return to one of our key storylines as you begin the quest to resolve one of the key conflicts happening in the game. Does this mean a Tholian Feature Episode series is in the works? Not exactly. We are going to be trying something different that will be story focused, but also allow us to add more missions to the game than you’ve previously seen in a Feature Episode series. The final details are being worked out so that we can begin construction immediately after “Under Siege” ships, but you can look forward to a new sector and new challenges before the year ends. Does that include an increase in the level cap? Maybe, but we are not going to repeat the mistakes of the past when we increased the skillpoint cap yet had very little new content to come with that increase.

We are also in the process of rebuilding our PvP from the ground up so that we can establish it as a more credible experience within the game. This is definitely an area where we are going to take our time and ensure that the solution we put in place has the full blessing of our loyal PvP players.

Star Trek Online continues to thrive and grow year over year. Like any great journey, we’ve had our twists and turns, but the passion on the team is alive and well. The future continues to look bright, and as we move towards our 3rd Anniversary, you’ll be able to fly around an ever-expanding galaxy filled with new challenges and memorable encounters.

Until next month, keep your shields up and start thinking about how you’re going to get out of that Tholian web…

May Star Trek Online live long and prosper,

Daniel Stahl
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online

StaggerLee wrote:
armedbushido wrote:
ilduce620 wrote:

Massively posted a summary of some of the stuff listed above, if you'd like to read through in a non-list format.

Specifically, with regards to Fleet Advancement:

"There are two basic types of Fleet Project(s) -- standard and upgrade. Upgrade projects, once started, can take anywhere from days (at the early tiers) to weeks (at the upper tiers) to complete. Only one upgrade project can be undergone at a time. Very large fleets (say, 50+ active player accounts) will tend to fill up their upgrade projects quickly, certainly much more quickly than smaller fleets, but they will still have to do the upgrades one at a time and wait the completion time.

Above a fleet size of about 25 active player accounts playing two to three times a week, the expectation is that these fleets will fill up project requirements quickly but be gated by the time it takes for the upgrade projects to complete.

A smaller fleet of five to ten active player accounts will certainly be able to make progress, even quick progress at the early Starbase tiers, but it will likely take that fleet longer to accumulate the necessary resources for the various fleet projects."

Realistically, we're probably in that bottom tier. So, I bet we'll be able to make some progress toward building a starbase, and it may not take until 2020 to do it! :-)

Agreed - Unfortnately we need people in the later Tiers more than at first...

If others in the GWJer Fleet are going to be working towards making this happen, I may actually spend some time in STO (rather than my last few months of trying ot get one of the special ships, like the Jem'Hadar or Caradassian, and failing to do so, then quitting out).

When does this all kick off?

I think it's looking/sounding like the beginnning of July, also interested in doing this - currently playing quit a bit. However we would need at least five solid players. I am nervous that we will get going and then everyone dies off. The early Tiers sound to be easy as a Fleet of "one", it's the later part that makes me nervous. You can count me in either way.

I would like to say to everyone who has not tried some of the community created content to do so - some of this stuff is just awesome. There are no set rewards; however, there is a mission that if you play three you get some dilithium. I play them more for there just good Star Trek stories.

Well, with the discounted Lifetime membership, and having been away long enough (the graphics bug a few months back ruined it for weeks for me, enough to turn me off), I'll be back in the coming weeks to help with the starbase. Um... Someone let me know what to do.

Oh, and have there been any big changes that affect Science players? I do so like the support role.

I think I'll be getting back into it soon myself and burning through those last 4 levels to finally get into my Sovereign-class ship.

I just got up to RA: Upper, and have started enjoying STFs with the Omega Force. I'll definitely help build the goodjer Starbase.

I've still got my lifetime sub going, holler when we figure out what's up.